Andys Wordbearer army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andys Wordbearer army

Hi, thought i would share my new project, my wordbearers force.

The fluff is a little fuzzy atm, but the general jist of it is that my army is a battalion of the word bearers who preferentially worship slanneesh.
    I have tried to keep their armour scheme primarily word bearers, but with a shoulderpad to signify the units of 'counts as' noise marines, with their sonic blasters and blast masters.

On my list of things to paint is:

Terminator sorceror - this guy is going to represent my dark apostle im going to have him reading sermons from his black book.

5 Terminators

2 squads of 'noise marines'

2 rhinos

some obliterators

and a whole bagful of summon daemons.

I have already finished one unit of noise marines and their transport so ill post some pics up here now.

Any comments, advice or criticisms welcome

Rhino:

Squad:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like your painting, its really neat and consistent. got any pics of the termies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Props for Word Bearers, and nice metallics. The sonic weapons especially are quite nice.

Composition wise, a Word Bearers army full of Daemons and Oblits, plus terminators and a teleporting lash sorc, really wants more than 2 things carrying icons. Unless you're footslogging the terminators, which seems just as odd. Have you considered a unit of Chosen? The ability to infiltrate an icon starts to look awfully nice after a certain point, and they can be set up almost any way you like.

I haven't had a chance to actually field it yet, but in lists with daemons I keep coming back to the cheap-and-dirty config of 5 Chosen with an icon, plasma gun, and missile launcher or autocannon for 135 points. Set them up out of the way where they can harrass side armour or MEq from range, and let your opponent figure out what to do. He can send an assault team to punish your lack of powerfist, but to get the job done it'll have to be something mean enough to plow through all your Daemons, and sending an overkill-sized detatchment to the arse end of the table allows you to *not* reinforce, instead sacrificing your cheap unit and leaving their disproportionate response stranded at the arse end of the table.

I also really like the idea of deep striking the sorc out in front of an icon, then moving the icon's squad up into coherency and declaring they have been joined by the sorcerer. With good icon coverage it will be very hard for your opponent to guard against the Lash that could come from anywhere next turn... it's not just threatening 30" from every icon, you also threaten things out of the icon's LoS if its area covers a place you can see from. Seems scary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Nice Painting. I like fluffy armies and especially anything SM from the Heresy. Keep it up.
    Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

+ Reply to Thread