The bearded one's Scurrying Skaven - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

The bearded one's Scurrying Skaven

Hi all, a new blog from good ol´ me. I wanted to do Skaven for a long, long time, and found myself looking at their armybook and models during the past years ) even during the last armybook, simply because their fluff was in-flipping-credible. Now that the new armybook has come out, and 8th edition rolled in, 5 or 6 people around here have Skaven too. 2 of them big armies I've seen, others are planning to. Regardless I wanna build a skaven army now, because the oppertunity was offered to me when 2 different people wanted to buy Island of blood with me and give me the Skaven. That's 80 clanrats and 4 rat ogres for 60 euro's. Seeing as a box of 2 rat ogres costs 30, and 20 clanrats cost 26, that's a heck of a deal.This is roughly what I want to start off with:

30 clanrats with handweapons
    warpfire thrower

30 clanrats with spears
    warpfire thrower

30 clanrats with spears
    poinsoned wind mortar

( yes, that's 90 rats. One of the skaven players asked if I had a poisoned wind mortar for him left. Though nice, it's not my favorite weaponteam so I have no trouble parting with it. In return I could get some bitz and about 10 clanrats )

6 rat ogres with 4 packmasters ( this unit will possibly be 5 rat ogres, and 1 warlord on rat ogre bonebreaker with some killy equipment including "the other trickster's shard", forcing models in basecontact to reroll wardsaves )

1 chieftain, BSB.
    1 warlock engineer with doomrocket
    1 warlock engineer lvl 2

And that's what I have envisioned so far, we'll see how far that goes.Without further ado, my first rat ogre assembled and greenstuffed. I sculpted some extra bandages on his arm as I like the idea and look and they are easy to do. It also gives me another spot to get the armycolours on the rat ogre if I wish. It took me a while to find a good colourscheme and I tried several. Red & catachan, purple, it just didn't work. I helped my local GW to finish all their clanrats for their intro table so one of the staffmembers gave me a clanrat ( thanks man! ) so I could try out a colourscheme and how it would look on the clanrats. My first attempts were on the packmasters I had, but they've got huge robes without a lot of folds and it ends up looking like a single colour dress, not very pretty. The clanrat looks excellent in my opinion

Apologies if you get 1 big wall of text. I think my internet is being silly and all the white lines are removed.

Last edited by The bearded one; September 11th, 2010 at 22:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    The clanrat looks excellent in my opinion
    Think I will agree with you there pal
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

First of all, scum. That is the dwarf side of me...

Now, that clanrat looks awesome. The colours are well chosen, the dark green of the cloth is contrasting really well with the brown of the wood and the flesh tone you have chosen. I really like it. A very good choice. The greenstuff work on the rat ogre is well done, I really like the addition of the bandages. Nice work so far. I look forward to seeing this horde grow.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Indeed, I apologize Kuffy. I've been kicking behinds so much with the dwarfs lately, and those are almost all done ( just the BSB, lord, a few miners and a few hammerers to go and that's 2500 done ) . When I got this chance, I couldn't refuse, as the new mini's are really cool.

Actually I also would've liked if I had done my dwarfs in such a colourscheme. I had already done blue when I thought of such a colourscheme though.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

585 (x8)

2 packmasters done, maybe I'll get a good part of the first rat ogre done tonight. First I got to read 30 pages of my history book.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Great work dude. The green and brown contrast really well. The only thing I have against them is the whips look a little too plain and under highlighted.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

585 (x8)

That can be fixed The first rat ogre is going to get a big bath of devlan mud!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

Skaven! This I didn't expect of you!
    Although I have to admit your models look amazing. That first clanrat's eyes look alive, and the little triangles on the packmaster's hood are really a nice addition.

Cheers,
    LS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks very cool, the colour scheme is indeed as good as you told me friday. also, i like the rat ogre and someone who's going to put a warlord on it, because i never saw anyone play with it.

i'm gonna follow this, bearded one

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

585 (x8)

First ratogre finished. I'm really happy with him Bony spikes and such are painted as warpstone nuggets. I sculpted some extra bandages ( the easiest thing to sculpt in like.. ever ) and painted the blood coming through from some cruel skaveny amputation to attach the blade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast