xbanditsx goes to Templecon! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

xbanditsx goes to Templecon!

In one month I'll be going to Templecon 2011 - a big sci-fi convention in New England that has a very large series of Warmachine tournaments. I've signed up for two tournaments and will also be participating in some of the scenario tables and free play games.

This is my first big convention and I decided that I only wanted to bring painted models to the tournaments. I have about 30 days to paint 36 models and I thought a new project thread would be just the thing to get me motivated!

I'm already in the thick of it and should have some photos tonight of the first round of completed models. Until then, here's the list of models I need to finish.

Trolls-
    Epic Doomshaper done
    Runebearer done
    Dire Troll Bomber done
    Swamp Troll done
    5 Troll Whelps done
    5 Troll Whelps done
    6 Scouts done
    6 Scouts

Khador-
    4 Kayazy Assassins + UA done
    Widowmaker Marksman done
    Wardog done

Mercs-
    Dannon Blythe & Bull done

Minions-
    Alten Ashley

Last edited by xbanditsx; January 18th, 2011 at 00:36.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

This is the result of several hours work this evening and last evening, and an hour or two on Saturday.

Dannon Blythe and Bull

5 Troll Whelps

Runebearer

Swamp Troll

And my favorite so far, the Dire Troll Bomber. This guy was a gift from a friend so I'm glad his paint job came out well.

That's 10 models down in three evenings of work - only 26 more to go!
    Seeing Red A Khador Log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

397 (x6)

Another evenings work sees the Kayazy and Underboss finished.

Seeing Red A Khador Log

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

That's quite a lot of progress! You're doing well, keep it up.
    I think the Dire Troll bomber is my favourite as well
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

397 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadstar_MRC View Post
    That's quite a lot of progress! You're doing well, keep it up.
    I think the Dire Troll bomber is my favourite as well
    He was a hit at the LGS when I brought him out this week, and he was an even bigger hit (with me, anyway) when he started throwing those bombs on the table.

It was cold and snowy this weekend in Boston so I got some more good painting time in.

Epic Doomshaper, the last 'caster to be painted

5 more Whelps

The Wardog. He had a very bad encounter with the spray primer so please excuse the frosted-ness

Only 14 more models to go!
    Seeing Red A Khador Log

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Doomshaper looks interesting. At first I thought he was a bit dull, but looking again I can see a lot of detail on there.

I think I played against a Dire Troll Bomber once. I recall it being someone unpleasant, so it's no surprise he's doing a lot of damage for you!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

397 (x6)

Here's the Widowmaker Marksman, the last model to be done for the Khador list.

I like this model so I took a little more time on him than I have been on these models and I think he looks better for it. He might have been cut from the final version of my list but I'm happy to have him painted anyway.

Boston is shut down tomorrow because we're expecting 18 inches of snow so I'm hoping to get one of the Scout units done.
    Seeing Red A Khador Log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

397 (x6)

Turns out I spent more time in the snow and watching soccer than painting the past few days. I have managed to get half of the Scouts done though.

The end is getting near - I've done 29 of the 36 models I need and I've still got over 2 weeks before the tournament!
    Seeing Red A Khador Log

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

Sounds like you should get there, then! Good work on the scouts - is it just me or does the one on the far left of the picture have a smiley face on his chest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

397 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadstar_MRC View Post
    Sounds like you should get there, then! Good work on the scouts - is it just me or does the one on the far left of the picture have a smiley face on his chest?
    I think it is a buckle or something on his chest, but the Troll models are always a bit more jovial than the rest of the Warmachine stuff so who can say.

I've got a few army photos as this prject wraps up. Here's my 25 point Butcher list for the Death Race tournament. The format calls for quick 'caster kills and this list looks to lock down the enemy on turn 2 and then kill the 'caster on turn 3.

This second list is a tier 3 epic Doomshaper list for a normal Steamroller tournament that requires all of your lists to be tiered. This list can actually pull off a turn 2 'caster kill pretty easily so I'll be using it in Killbox scenarios or against any lists with low model counts or low DEF 'casters.

Seeing Red A Khador Log

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast