Stormraven Project - the flying boot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

Stormraven Project - the flying boot

I decided, like many people, that I was fed up with waiting for the stormraven model to come out so I've started making my own. I had a rough idea about what I was going to do but it all went awry once I started making it.

I've based the model on a razorback with its rear end as the front of the stormraven and I improvised the rest of it. I've used the wings from a star wars model that I found at hobby craft and I ordered a bunch of resin bits from scibors monstrous. After getting the resin bits I decided that they definitely had to go on the model, that has led to the model becoming built around these bits and has made it a weird tall shape.

Its not anywhere near finished yet but I think its going to end up looking even more hideous than the GW model that's rumoured to be coming out. Oh well

Pics are a bit blurry as they were taken with my phone.

My blog -
    Been here nearly 10 years and still haven't managed 500 posts.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

24 (x1)

I think theres two things that look off.
    One, the way the lascannons are mounted. Its not aerodynamic, not really good at shooting targets on the ground, and obstructs the pilots view. Maybe you could mount it underneath the main hull? Would change two of those negatives, so might be worth thinking about.
    Two, the structure in the back. Its too high, and the right angle just doest work. Adding some kind of fuselage (sp?) might work to change that, though.
    Anyway, hope this helps. And if it makes you feel better: Its still miles ahead of what I could do
    "Better to crush an ant with a boulder, than flick lazily at it, possibly miss, and then have it bite you in the ass." The Awakened One

+ Reply to Thread