Cyric's Blood Bowl Teams - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Cyric's Blood Bowl Teams

Okay, I remembered how to make a new thread. So far, so good.

Rather than making different threads for each of my teams, I decided to compile my blood bowl painting efforts into one project thread. Once upon a time I had minis for Elf, Lizardmen, Chaos Dwarf, Undead, Skaven, and Chaos teams, but as time marches on some of the minis have become damaged or just plain lost. As it stands now I have my Elf team (which is complete), my Lizardmen team (also complete), my Chaos Dwarf team (in progress), and my Chaos team (not really started).

So first things... my pre-completed teams. First up is the Albino Lizards:

Next is my elves, which are (obviously) converted Eldar. I really didn't like the existing minis for this team. While I have heard a lot of complaints that they're "too sci-fi" for Blood Bowl, I respond to such negativity with a hearty, "meh".

As some of you know, I've been on a hobby sabbatical for the last year or two, so the rest of my teams have gone unloved during this time. Well, recently Tweaker (damn you!) decided it was time to start up another league. This time I decided to shelve the lizards in favor of my Chaos Dwarf team. So after some digging and cursing, I managed to find the minis.

Despite the fact that the Chaos Dwarf models for Blood Bowl have an undeniable character to them, I just never got too excited about them. Something about the big hats doesn't do it for me. So after doing some research online, I found a project on another forum in which a guy converted his own chaos dwarfs using dwarf warrior bodies, chaos warrior heads, and green stuff for the beards. After arguing with myself over buying bits to convert replacements for models I already own, I gave in and ordered the bits. They arrived today, so I can begin the conversions soon. I opted not to convert my hobgoblins as was done in the other forum since, honestly... they're just hobgoblins. The GW minis will do just fine.

My paint brush wasn't idle during all this deliberation, however. I decided that my first mini after such a long break should be a grand one, so I decided to paint the Minotaur for my team. The Minotaur is a converted original Doombull. I chopped his axes off and modeled some rough knuckle dusters to go in their place. While it honestly took me too long to finish, I'm pleased with the result given how rusty my skills are.

I think I'll paint a few hobgoblins before getting started on the conversions. Stay tuned.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

That fellow looks great dude. I like the strong purple colour, it works well with the golds. The conversion itself is nice and simple, but rather effective. The only thing I would have suggested, is that the knuckle dusters look a little blank, I would have added spikes or lumps on to them.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Minotaur looks good and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the Chaos Dwarfs. (subscribed)

For anyone else interested in some alternative Chaos Dwarf minis these look good though are perhaps a bit lacking in the armour department gaspez-arts

Roll Jordan (who are changing to Greebo Minis http://www.greebo.it/) are also working on some nice looking ones. Click for larger version.

Last edited by Coach; January 16th, 2011 at 14:45.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Really nice work, here. The hearty meh is a completely appropriate response for whatever numb-skulls complained about the sci-fi element of your Elves. They are, after all, supposed to have helmets in Blood-Bowl, even if Eldar come to mind.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you get the purple shoulder pad to look so sweet?
    Light purple then a wash of a darker one?

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Being a firmly closeted BloodBowl fanatic, I must say that I really love your teams. My own, the Rothgard Reavers, are still looking for a little lovin' in the paint department (damn checkered shoulderpads) but they won't even equal half of what you've done here. I'm loving your Mino. Name the team yet?
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Great to see you've not lost any of your paint skills during your 'holiday' Cyric. Both the lizzies and Elf teams look great to me and that mino is a great start back painting, the purple is sublime.

Looking forward to seeing your conversions,

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

706 (x8)

Thanks for the comments, folks. At my best I was always kind of clumsy with green stuff, so yeah the knuckles aren't all they should have been. I agree that they needed something extra, but my attempts at adding spikes or studs were frustrating at best. I need to work on my sculpting skills.

The purple is actually one of my favorite colors to use because it always comes out pretty striking. It's mostly a basecoat of liche purple, followed by a leviathan purple wash, followed by several layers of extremely thin warlock purple, blending up as you go. It takes a little time for me to get it right, which is why I tend not to use it for anything that requires a lot of models. Typically I save it for special characters and the like, but I thought it would work well for this team.

As for a team name... my league typically tries to make clever names that sound like NFL teams, but I never landed on one that pleased me for the chaos dwarves. Given that they're dwarfs and that they'll all have purple helms, I'm tempted to call them "Size Matters".

I didn't get much done over the weekend aside from my hobgoblin test model - I've been spending my time trying to get this website set up for the league. Hopefully I can at least finish my six hobgoblins this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purple is always pleasing, thank you for the response.
    +Rep

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric the Mad View Post
    As for a team name... my league typically tries to make clever names that sound like NFL teams, but I never landed on one that pleased me for the chaos dwarves. Given that they're dwarfs and that they'll all have purple helms, I'm tempted to call them "Size Matters".
    I like that name. I am a fan of funny names for BB teams, you need to have good names for them as well.

Kuffy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast