Using FW Gorgon Passenger models as Krieg Guardsmen. Viable or not? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Using FW Gorgon Passenger models as Krieg Guardsmen. Viable or not?

I recently decided I wanted to start a Krieg guard force. I have the list down on paper (based on my current guard force that I field albeit with a few adjustments for Krieg style)

I totalled up the cost of the figures I would need and lo and behold with FW pricings my army costs *shudder* £500 D:

So I thought I could try and shave off some expenses by instead of buying the squads of Krieg infantry for £35 quid each, buy the 50 gorgon passengers for £50 and save myself some money.

I would still buy the Grenadiers (30 of them) and Engineers (ten) and Heavy weapons (About 6-7 bases) and special weapons (12 meltaguns), Company command (2) and a platoon command along with a few spare bits sprues.

I don't think my idea is unreasonable, "unsporting" or even "tacky" I am just trying to save my money with reasonable purchasing. Before I purchase these models I need to know if anyone else has seen how big the Gorgon passengers are.

Are the passengers the same scale as a normal guardsmen or slightly smaller? Is the difference noticeable?

I couldn't tell how big the miniatures were from the pic on FW website and when I went to warhammer world today (I live like 5 mins from it ) I couldn't see them, I couldn't even go to FW and ask to see them. It's either pay up or shut up it seems there.

Can someone helps a broke hobbyist trying to enjoy their hobbies ^.^?

Last edited by Tarsinian1st; January 17th, 2011 at 12:18. Reason: stupidity: I doesnt understand the difference between there and their. Back to school for me...
    The above comments do not reflect the views of the author. They are based on ignorance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

You could cut them appart but I think you would have to rebuild a lot of them. A wire saw could be useful to keep both sides of the cut from being extensively damaged. You will then need to fill gaps with filler or greenstuf and re carve a lot of detail. You may find that you damage quite a few and end up saving little.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

I see. So they are the right size it would just be very hard to get them apart. Hmmm.

Thanks for the input. You probably saved me from wasting £50 quid.

Perhaps the Krieg and I were not meant to be
    The above comments do not reflect the views of the author. They are based on ignorance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    240 (x4)

You could always buy more 'regular' guards for the bulk and buy 3rd party heads and equipment. I know there are more than a few small companies that make 'sci-fi' models, sets, and part but are obviously meant for 40k scale miniatures.
    Of course, the normal GW guardsmen don't have the greatcoats but when outkitted with gasmasked heads and some other alternative equipment, you might a decent enough 'Krieg flavour'. And you can still order FW miniatures for more prominent squads and units.

Here are a few examples from a particular stores. I ordered, the 'sci-fi' hammers, tox guardsmen heads, german heads and sniper rifles from them, decent resin bits. And the order and delivery went smooth.
    I suggest to go to Coolminiornot and brows through their shop, they as sort a hum for small model companies and lots of cool stuff.

Tox Guardsman heads (10) - €4.49 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!
    German WW2 style heads (10) - €5.65 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!
    AK Guns (10) - €4.80 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!
    AK Guns (10) - €4.80 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!
    Big PA Guns - €4.80 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!
    Gatling platform - €9.89 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    240 (x4)

You could always buy more 'regular' guards for the bulk and buy 3rd party heads and equipment. I know there are more than a few small companies that make 'sci-fi' models, sets, and part but are obviously meant for 40k scale miniatures.
    Of course, the normal GW guardsmen don't have the greatcoats but when outkitted with gasmasked heads and some other alternative equipment, you might a decent enough 'Krieg flavour'. And you can still order FW miniatures for more prominent squads and units.

Here are a few examples from a particular stores. I ordered, the 'sci-fi' hammers, tox guardsmen heads, german heads and sniper rifles from them, decent resin bits. And the order and delivery went smooth.
    I suggest to go to Coolminiornot and brows through their shop, they as sort a hum for small model companies and lots of cool stuff.

Tox Guardsman heads (10) - €4.49 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!
    German WW2 style heads (10) - €5.65 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!
    Big PA Guns - €4.80 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!
    Gatling platform - €9.89 : MaxMini.eu, Resin bases & gaming accessories. Online Store!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Well. Thats settled things for me. Thank yo Meph

+ Reply to Thread