Necrons W.I.P - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necrons W.I.P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Necrons W.I.P

Alrighty, so this is my first project I've ever publicized, and I'm mainly doing it for the motivational factor. I feel more like completing tasks if I think people are expecting me to do things, I guess

Anyway, there's a 1500pt tournament coming up in about a month or so, and I've started Necrons in order to have them ready for it. A challenge, perhaps? Maybe so! But I reckon I can do it. I'm not really sure on an army list yet, but many warriors and many destroyers will be present, 30 of the former and 6-10 of the latter, I haven't decided yet. A monolith and a Lord will also be there, as will perhaps Scarabs or Wraiths. So basically the decisions are how many Warriors and Destroyers, and between Scarabs and Wraiths.

So, my paint scheme for basic Necrons is a tin bitz base, heavily drybrushed with Boltgun Metal. I then paint the tubes and core of the weapon with snot green, then give the whole model a wash of Badab Black. I then very lightly drybrush the body with Mithril Silver (was thinking of Chainmail but have yet to try it) and highlight the tubes and core with Scorpion Green. Finally, I dab the eyes with Scorpion Green.

This isn't the best paint scheme in the world, by a long way, but I'm no great painter anyway, and the good thing about this scheme is that it is relatively fast. I haven't really decided how to paint the destroyers yet, or the Lord, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Comments and criticisms are, of course, most welcome, I'm doing this so you can motivate me after all, but any painting or modelling advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated, but please be gentle, it's my first time

Pictures to follow!

+++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    132 (x2)

you know what? some times the simplest schemes can be the most efective!

plus, if you speed paint your army, it can give you time to work on small areas of detail [where its going to get seen]

Here is a lord I painted for a commission, to help inspire [I'll not thread-jack with the image so here's the link ]

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery...2040%2C000.JPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x2)

Sweet Lord you've got there, I might steal a few of those colours...

Anyway, look what I did! I have pictures! They're bad ones taken with a phone but still!

Alrighty, things you need to know:
    1. Firstly, these have yet to have their final highlight (being mithril silver and scorpion green) or the green rod inserted (obviously)

2. As I've said before, the camera is hardly good, I'll try to get some better photos tomorrow when it isn't late and the camera gets back from New Zealand.

3. Yes my 'Crons are standing on my microwave. It was the best place for light! Also it seems strangely appropriate...

So there you go, my first pictures! I like this scheme, it's easy enough to do and looks pretty good (they look better in real life, I swear). The base is done with a charadon granite base, which is then drybrushed with a 50/50 Charadon Granite/Rotting Flesh mix, then a final light drybrush of Rotting Flesh. I plan on putting some dead grass down as well.

Once again, comments and criticisms most welcome.
    +++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x2)

I'm proud of myself, I've made real progress on getting this army done! Tonight I basecoated and applied the first drybrush on the rest of the Warriors, as well as the Scarabs. Behold!

[IMG][/IMG]
    This is one of the originals, with a Chainmail last highlight

Group shot!

A Scarab swarm

A group Scarab Swarm shot, I love these little guys. You don't expect them to do anything, but then, time and again, they do amazing things for you. Held up an Assault Terminator squad 'tother day, and killed one!

Anyway that's all for now, I'll get some better pics tomorrow when there's more natural light, the lights in my house give everything a golden tinge.

+ Reply to Thread