Returning After 10 Years: Ogre Kingdoms - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Returning After 10 Years: Ogre Kingdoms

Hey Guys and Girls!

I have now been out of the hobby for 10 years for many various reasons. Now that I have more spare time I have decided to get back into it .

I have never been a very good painter but I enjoy it so that is all that matters. I am hoping posting here and keeping an ongoing log of what I am doing will keep me motivated to complete an Ogre Kingdom Army.

I am also hoping to get good hints and tips as I have pretty much forgotten all the techniques and what colours work best with each other, so all comments good or bad are appreciated as I can learn from these (but be gentle it has been 10 years ).

Ok intro over. I decided on an Ogre Kingdom Army as I really like the models and thought it would be a good start on painting techniques as they are bigger models, I will work my way to smaller models when i feel confident with a paintbrush again.

I am going to start with a unit of Iron Guts as the models are so awesome!

Here are some images of my paint area and first models I will start on:

Ogre Kingdoms 003.jpgOgre Kingdoms 004.jpgOgre Kingdoms 005.jpg

Well wish me luck!

Shane

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st Update

OK here is my first update of what I managed to get done yesterday so I thought I would share it with you to see what you all think. Remember this is the first time in 10 years I have properly picked up a paint brush so all comments and critisms are welcome.

First Iron Gut and the rest of his units bases:
    Attached Images

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Hi there,

Welcome back to the hobby. I remember those paint pots when I first started the hobby 17 years ago (Im getting old!)!
    I must say, while this may not be Golden Daemon standard painting (mine isn't either!) this is still decent quality, definately good enough for the tabletop. With a few more techniques (a little rust on the metal areas) this will be a pretty decent model!

Have a browse through the projects and hobby forums for some guidance on different techniques, perhaps the tutorials section may be helpful.

Dan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

Well even if you haven't picked up a brush in a while I have to say I very much like what I see! Good job, keep it up!

Cheers,
    LS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

With a ten year pause in painting thats very good job. Also its nice to see Ogres here. I don't see many in my games.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the lack of updates recently but have been finishing my dissertation as part of my degree. Well its all done and out of the way so time to paint again.

Since my last post I have now bought and built the rest of my army and its all primed ready to go. I made custom movement trays for the whole army too.

Here are a couple of pictures of the painting I have got done. C and C please
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    244 (x5)

Wow, for ten years that is a very nice paint job. Your metals look great and your skin tone is amazing. Keep it up!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back!!
    I must say that i love the way you painted the sword on the ogre in your first update (the fourth image). Mind sharing how you did it? Im going to be painting some ogre blades soon and i really like the look of it, and metal painting is my biggest weakness so i could definitely use a few pointers
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you get that modelling table? That's just what I would need to get start

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those were the paint stations gw used to sell b4 they made their tiny crappy new ones. i bought mine 11 years ago, so spacious, gotta love it im pretty sure you cant get these anymore
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast