Librarium Online Forums banner

Mechatius' projects

12K views 53 replies 9 participants last post by  Deadstar_MRC 
#1 · (Edited)
I've decided to consolidate my various projects to one log instead of being spread out all over the place. My intention is to keep this first post as an index of the thread so new and old readers can easily navigate to the interesting parts of the thread. I also intend to update this post with the current status of my various projects.

Over time I intend to repost milestones from things I've already posted about in other threads so that eventually all of my projects will be listed in their entirety in this thread.

Enough with the intentions and lets get started:

Dark Eldar

Milestone 1: 500pts - Completed 2011-06-19

For this milestone this is the list I am working towards:

HQ:
Succubus with Agoniser and Haywire Grenades (80pts)

Troops:
10 Kabalite Warriors, 1 with Splinter Cannon and 1 with Blaster (115pts)

8 Wyches, 1 with Hydra Gauntlets or Shardnet & Impaler, 1 Hekatrix with Agoniser (130pts)

Transports:
Raider (xxpts)

Heavy Support:
Ravager with Dark Lances and Flickerfield or Nightshields (115pts)

Total: 500pts

And this is the roll call at present:
1 Succubus - Complete. [Status changed 2011-06-19] (Built from wych parts will be used as Hekatrix later on)
10 Kabalite Warriors - Complete. [Status changed 2011-06-19]
1 Hekatrix with Agoniser - Complete. [Status changed 2011-06-19]
7 Wyches - Complete. [Status changed 2011-06-19]
1 Wych with Wych Weapons - Complete. Magnetized Hydra Gauntlets and Shardnet and Impaler options. [Status changed 2011-06-19]
1 Raider - Complete. [Status changed 2011-05-12]
1 Ravager - Complete. [Status changed 2011-05-12]

Progress:

Chaos Space Marines

Milestone 1: 1500pts

Actually, I've already passed a few milestones on this project but this will be the first milestone in this log. This will be the list I'm working towards:

HQ:
Daemon Prince with wings and Warptime (155pts)

Elites:
4 Chaos Terminators, 3 with combi-plasma, 1 with Chain fist and heavy flamer (155pts)

Troops:
10 Chaos Space Marines, Aspiring Champion with Power fist, 1 with Icon of Chaos Glory, 2 with Melta gun (220pts)

10 Chaos Space Marines, Aspiring Champion with Power fist, 1 with Icon of Chaos Glory, 2 with Melta gun (220pts)

7 Plague Marines, Plague Champion with Power fist, 2 with Plasma gun (231pts)

Transports:

3 Rhinos (105pts)

Heavy support:
Predator with Lascannon sponsons (130pts)

Predator with Lascannon sponsons (130pts)

Defiles with extra close combat arm instead of heavy flamer (150pts)

Total: 1496pts

Current status:
1 Daemon Prince - Painting in progress
2 Aspiring Champions with Power fist - Needs basing
2 Chaos Space Marines with Icon of Chaos Glory - Needs basing
2 Chaos Space Marines with Melta gun - Needs basing
2 Chaos Space Marines with Melta gun - Undercoated
11 Chaos Space Marines - Needs basing
1 Chaos Space Marine - Undercoated
1 Plague Champion with Power fist - Needs basing
2 Plague Marine with Plasma gun - Needs basing
1 Plague Marine - Needs basing
3 Plague Marines - Building in progress
1 Rhino - Complete
1 Rhino - Painting in progress
1 Rhino - Undercoated
2 Predators - Purchased
1 Defiler - Unknown (I own one but I don't know if I should buy a new one or strip and do some remodelling to the old one.)

See less See more
#2 ·
Repost: First test models

The whole Dark Eldar project started with me setting up my work space to paint my Chaos Marines only to find I had no inspiration to paint them. After a few times I realized I needed a diversion. This coincided with the Dark Eldar release. Suffering from the "new and shiny" syndrome, I bought myself a box of warriors and started to work on them. The first batch consisted of three test models and three different color schemes.

The first scheme to be rejected looked like this:

It was meant to look similar to the way one of the Incubi in the codex was painted. In the end I found it too boring.

After that it was a pretty close call between the two that remained. In the end the one losing was my slightly darker version of the Red Grief scheme, looking like this:

The scheme I ended up settling on was this one:

After going over and improving the glow around the eyes, it looked like this:

#3 ·
Repost: Three Wyches

After painting those first models I had to try the scheme out on some wyches so I bought a box and assembled 3 of them and started painting. After a short period with red hair they ended up like this:

Wych one:

Wych two:

Wych three:

Group shots:

They are in need of some touch up, mostly to the war paint but are otherwise finished.

#8 · (Edited)
Update: Reinforcements and Wych mug shots

A small update here.

Some essential reinforcements arrived from Dark Sphere today.

For some reason they split the order so a metal succubus, some paints and a daemon prince for my Chaos Marines will arrive later this week (hopefully).

Also, as proof of my previous update, I present some mug shots of the built wyches and succubus.

First, the mistress herself.

Next, her second in command during this real space raid, the Hekatrix.

Thanks to her neodyme armpits this lady are equally capable with shardnet and impaler as well as hydra gauntlets.

Then, as a group, the unit's male components.

And finally, this little lady was hiding and nearly missed the photo shoot. After giving her word it wouldn't happen again, this is what she looks like.

Cheers!

#12 ·
Update: Assembly near finish, most undercoated and raider painting in progress

Apart from the Ravager which I've only begun to assemble and the Raider that is missing crew, all models needed for the first milestone is assembled and undercoated as of a few days ago.

I also started on the paintjob on the Raider. After some thinking I came to the conclusion that I didn't want the vehicles to be bone colored. So this is what I came up with. It's only just begun and the lighting is crappy it's good enough for a status update.

I'm considering going back and redoing the freehand as I'm not particularly pleased with the actual patterns. I still like the concept quite a lot.

Cheers!

#16 ·
I like it and agree to not having bone coloured vehicles. Freehand's pretty good to me, just a little cleaning on the left-hand thingy and you'll have a Raider to be proud of ;) Maybe some bone details (or freehanding for example) would do to tie it with the rest of the force. Are you planning on adding something to the sail too?

Cheers,
LS

#18 ·
I like it and agree to not having bone coloured vehicles. Freehand's pretty good to me, just a little cleaning on the left-hand thingy and you'll have a Raider to be proud of ;) Maybe some bone details (or freehanding for example) would do to tie it with the rest of the force. Are you planning on adding something to the sail too?
Yes, the freehand is alright, but some, (like the one on the left and on the other side) needs to be improved. (I intend to do some shading to them as well...) I'd also like them to look more dark-eldary and less like ordinary tribals.

Yes, I intend to do something to the sail. Not sure if I'm going to do a bone/white symbol or if I'm going to do a round bone/white field with a black symbol.

#22 · (Edited)
Update: Undercoating complete and second try at Raider freehand

A rather big step has been taken, (although bigger ones remain) the 500 points are all assembled and undercoated. Most things are just sub-assembled to ease painting though.

Also, I covered up the freehand on the Raider and started to redo it. In the process I invented the symbol of my Kabal/Cult/whatever.

The Raider as it looks now. I will do some more freehand on the hull of course.

And some close-ups on the freehand:

Now, off to bed. Work is probably going to suffer tomorrow from this midnight adventure. Lucky we have a new barista coffee machine... :messed:

#27 ·
Update: Raider and Ravager gets more paint

Most aspects of being sick stinks. Freeing up time to paint is a welcome side-effect though.

So between feeling like there's mining going on in my head and trying my best to cough up my lungs, I got some painting done on the Raider and also started on the Ravager.

My first goal has been to get this project "playable", which mean it doesn't need to be fully painted, but it does need to be glued together. As the Raider and Ravager are painted in sub assemblies due to having some hard to reach places, starting on them came natural.

So here's the last status on the Raider:

It's gotten some more freehand, edge highlighting on the turret and shading of the sails as well as some green gems which I just realized doesn't show well in the pictures.

The Ravager is at roughly the same stage as I'm parallell painting them.

Next step is going to get started on the crew and finish of the guns for the Ravager. Hopefully I'll make a start tomorrow.

Now, back to coughing. (Painkillers have stoped the miners in my head...)

#33 ·
Update: Raider and Ravager complete

Ok, boys (and in the unlikely event) girls! The Raider and Ravager are not both officially done! Chances are of course that I (or one of you) will find something I missed, but other than that I'd say they're done. (Hanging crew left out for the moment.)

So, without further ado, I give you the finished shots. (Don't know what's going on with the light today, seems to sharp...)

Hope you like them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.