A joint WIP by Turtle and Savak - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A joint WIP by Turtle and Savak

Hello everyone! LordSavak and myself have decided to start a joint WIP thread for all our projects. My projects will be predominately Imperial Guard, with Savak's being his Grey Knights and some being worked on together.

I can't speak for Savak, but i'm hoping to gain some much needed motivation if nothing else from this, as i have barely painted any models as i am geared much more towards the gaming side of things. I would enjoy playing games with a fully painted army though, no matter how bad it looks! If anyone decides to follow this, be prepared for some very bad painting (from me at least, Savak can actually paint).

I'm also hoping i can learn something from the more skilled and experienced painters on here to. I know it will be disastrous in the beginning, but please don't be shy to criticise me, it all helps.

I'd also like to apologise in advance to what i know will be fairly irregular updates due to school + work + assignments as it is my HSC year . I don't have any pretty pictures as of yet, but hopefully i'll get something done soonish to show you all! Hopefully between me and Savak it wont be too irregular.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Hey, this looks great guys! I've never seen a doubles project thread, personally, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out to see what you two come up with. Good luck, and I hope we can help you keep motivated.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal God View Post
    Hey, this looks great guys! I've never seen a doubles project thread, personally, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out to see what you two come up with. Good luck, and I hope we can help you keep motivated.
    Cheers, if it wasnt 11:45pm where i am at the moment i'd go and do something right now. I'll see if i can show a pic of at least my working space tomorrow, i need to plough through that before i can even start, its a mess . Ive got an essay due monday that i havn't started yet to, but after that i might be able to do something.

Just noticed, Aus to .
    Last edited by xDETHx Turtle; May 7th, 2011 at 15:44. Reason: My blindness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in the same boat as turtle with the assignment... Ive at least made a start tho :p I will try to get some pics of some of the few things I have actually painted... but be warned the camera isnt the best quality... but we will see
    Last edited by LordSavak; May 7th, 2011 at 15:49. Reason: typo

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

I was going to say guys... same time zone much? Yeah, I've got an essay due monday evening... with the introduction done, I'm already half way there!

Well, finish off those essays and get painting! As for cameras, I use the camera on my phone with all my stuff. A steady hand and they come out fine.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took some pics bout 10 min ago of my Grey Knights and some of my Eldar so here they are
    a015.jpg my very clean desk
    a048.jpg squad of dire avengers. i made it so each was doing something different
    a043.jpg a042.jpg ranger
    a037.jpg a035.jpg autarch with his purple armour signifying a leadership role with my eldar
    a031.jpg a030.jpg falcon
    a028.jpg a027.jpg a026.jpg there is the icon on the face of the wraithlord but it didnt show very well in the picture. still have to wash silver with blue
    a022.jpg a025.jpg inquisitor in power armour
    a018.jpg a017.jpg a016.jpg
    the land raider. the icon on the door will be that of my Venator Vexillum Grey Knights
    a049.jpg two possible schemes for my guardians... still undecided.
    i discovered the macro setting on the camera so the pictures turned out surprisingly well most of these are ones i have finished (unless i feel like editing) so enjoy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YEESSS!!! Essay finished all in one day and it only took 2 coffee's! Only one more due on Thursday now then i'm all good. I have had 5 assignments due in the past 2 weeks . Sorry i havn't got anything up yet, one of the reasons they call me turtle... Ive got a very busy week ahead up until Thursday night, unfortunately i have social commitments on Tuesday and Wednesday night, not to mention hockey training... looks like i wont be sleeping on Wednesday night to get that last assignment done .

Anyways back on topic, i just had to express my happiness to someone . Looking good Savak, i need to step my game up and get something done. One question, do you intend on keeping the autarch's weapon (is that a missile launcher or something?) silver like that? To me it just looks too plain, otherwise he looks beastly (too my inexperienced eyes).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as with most of the wraithbone areas like the guns i plan on painting them a silver then giving each a suitable wash depending on rank or speciality

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just like to post a quick progress update. Having finished the last of my assessments for the time being last night, i plan on getting a fair bit done while i have the chance.

After spending a long time trying to decide on the theme for my IG army, i have chosen the Elysian Drop Troops from Forge World. I'd like to thank FlayedOne583 for some inspiration for collecting the army, his Elysian army looks fantastic!

Their awesomeness outweighs their cost i believe, so i have ordered some and in the meantime will focus on my CSM Iron Warriors. This is the list that i am building my army to, feel free to criticise if you like, but i will of course post this in the IG Army Lists.

HQ
    Company Command Squad: 3 Sniper Rifles, Vox-caster

Troops
    Platoon Command Squad: 3 Sniper Rifles, Vox-caster

Infantry Squad: Vox-caster, Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher

Infantry Squad: Vox-caster, Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher

Veteran Squad: Shotguns, Demolitions

Fast Attack
    Vendetta Gunship

This comes to exactly 500 points and i hope i have a good balance between competitiveness and fluff. Not to mention the Elysian Sniper Rifle and Missile Launcher teams look amazing.

I intend to add Storm Troopers to the list. To convert these i was just going to use the regular Drop Troops and replace their heads with the respirator ones and add the grav-chute to the back. I will attempt to green stuff some extra armour on them to to represent Stormies, but i'm unsure how to change their lasguns into the Hellguns Storm Troopers use. Something simple will probably do, but i am out of ideas at the moment. What do you guys think?

I will upload some pics of my progress on the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got my 3 boxes of Grey Knights so time to get started to make 2 strike squads and a purifier squad
    Once i finish them i shall start making my scratch built dreadnought... of which could turn out... not so well but i hav confidence in my plans and skill so we will see how it goes...
    Once i finish putting the squads together I will post some pics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast