Fantasy Chess Sets Project - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Fantasy Chess Sets Project

I am sure that I am not alone with a growing number of large armies that I enjoy collecting, but really never intend playing. My two main armies are Brets and Chaos, but how can I resist a shiny new army? I thought it would be a great project to make individual army chess sets to get a few models of armies. My first complete set is the Undead/VC. I think this opens up a whole new outlet for growth!

VC1 (3).jpgVC1 (7).jpgVC1 (5).jpgVC1 (2).jpgVC1 (6).jpgVC1.jpgVC1 (4).jpg

Next up is a Bretonnian army. It is a lot of fun scouring for just the right model for each piece and then some modifications to make them work. i will keep posting the completed armies as I go if there is any interest in seeing them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Very cool, just got me thinking of doing this myself

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Great idea! I have a Lego chess set myself, the idea having been stolen from someone online. I might steal this idea too! That would bring me up to 4 sets altogether - my Russian set from my dad, my Lego set, my crappy travel set, and now my Warhammer set. I'm thinking Empire vs. Warriors though myself.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great idea. Really great work too!
    BATTLESHEEP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats actually an awesome idea, i think you've done a good job selecting and painting the right models too.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

A really cool idea, and very well executed - can't wait to see the other side of the board!

Just out of interest, how are you differentiating between white and black? Or is it just the traditional Vampires = Black and Bretonnian = White?
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Yup - I'm sure the VC will be the black and the Brets will be the white. I have just completed the painting of the four mounts (knights, King & Queen) and finished the Rooks (Towers), so when I get the army finished I will post some pics. Converting the skeleton horses to be rearing up was pretty easy, but the Bret ponies were a bit of a pain - but, they came out pretty good. I am already looking for my next army - it is nice not to have to spend so much money and it certainly takes up a lot less display space.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

986 (x8)

It took a little while, but here are the Brets...

Bret1.jpgBret3.jpgBret4.jpgBret5.jpgBret6.jpgBret7.jpgBret8.jpgBret9.jpgBret11.jpg

Next up may be some Orcs, I think...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Bretonnia seems to suit the theme really well. The king and queen look pretty epic, I especially like the freehand work on the queen - simple, but looks great!

Just something I noticed - the male Bishop could probably do with a bit of orange washed in the recesses of the flames of his torch, if you were looking to make any improvements.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

986 (x8)

Ooops - looks like I totally missed putting some wash on the torch! Good catch!

+ Reply to Thread