Librarium Online Forums banner

My first Project Log: Warriors of Chaos, The Faceless Ones Horde

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tanfew 
#1 ·
Hey LO, I've been a long time member here and have recently started posting more in forums, so much so that i decided that I'd start up a project log on my current army: Warriors of Chaos. Led by my Chaos Lord (or Exalted hero generally xD), This is a roving band of Tzeentchian and Khornate warriors, with what I hope is an interesting Paint scheme. Note most tihngs are WIP still lols

Warning, the first few posts are going to be pic heavy :p. Also, I may not update too often, as I currently do not have a macro Digital camera spare (I borrowed my friend to take these pictures- Got to love photography majors). So, enjoy!

My Lord- The Faceless One

NB: his owl fell off and was lost to the Warp (AKA under something) :(

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
My BSB: Severin, the Kingslayer. Name says it all, really, Slew a mad Nordic Chieftain who proclaimed himself Reagent and King across all of the Seven points of the Chaos Wastes.

Full Army Shot

The Senseless: My unit of Knights to Accompany my Lord, each denied themselves a Sense to be better in touch to the Chaos of Tzeentch (taste, touch, sight, sound, smell, and Pain(not one of the 5 most known but still a sense, per se) )

My Khornate Warriors, they will eventually have halberds instead, i just had to paint them up for a competiton I had awhile ago. 3 more to be added to the unit (to make it 17)

Tzeentchian Warriors: 2 units of Fifteen (one is missing atm, unpainted)

My hellcannon. Crew needs some touch ups

There are also about 30 marauders I am working on atm, they need to be painted and based still so not in the pics.

#3 ·
Really like the color scheme. the blue and white works well with the black.

Though one thing is that on some of the models the black looks a little thick, (like on your archaon/lord model) trying adding some water and painting in a few thin layers rather than one thick one.

Reactions: tanfew
#4 ·
I agree with WhiteLightning, on all points ;)

I really like the color scheme, the icy blue really works great. I would like to see that army under a blacklight though XD

Your painting can improve a lot if you water down your paints some more. At some points you can actually see the texture of the paint. If you can prevent that, your models will look even better. You should also try to keep the same shade of blue over the army. The blue/white tone varies a lot between miniatures. Either use the same shade on every model, OR intentionally make it differ, But this way, it almost looks like the darker blue models just arent finished yet.

Keep up the good work!:)

#5 ·
xD... they aren't yet, I am in the process on highlighting my army up and final washes so yeah. And, I know about thinning the paint, i generally do, It's just the Horse has about 2-4 layers on it now, I'm trying to get the mileage out if it. To remedy it I'm going to wash the horse once or twice then build it up using thinned down greys for highlights. Cheers for the input though :D Also, does anyone know where that owl for my lord is from, aka what kit? I lost it and i like the look of it perched the, so wanted to get a new one

#6 ·
the owl comes with the wood elf dryad set, probably can get it off ebay

I like your models and agree with the gentleman above, i like how the color choice makes them look really... cold, I dont know what it is but I really dig the helmets, I think it is how the cutouts are left black with really bright highlights around it, menacing

#8 ·
Heh, cheers if I can be an inspiration to you then :) I hope to get a few more pics uploaded, as I've finished one of the units and started painting up the halberds. So, assuming my friend isn't busy this weekend I may grab the photos then :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.