Tale of X Gamers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Tale of X Gamers

This has happened before and it seemed like a good project, so time to bring it back. THE TALE OF X GAMERS!

So, first of all for those who don't know what exactly a Tale of X Gamers is, you can read this.

Participating members select an army, it can be from any game system, and write an army list. Over a period of time - either six months or a year - and paint a certain amount of points for said force each month. The aim is to have by the end of the selected period of time a completed force.
    The point limit and time limits I am setting are designed for a Games Workshop games, namely either 40K and Fantasy Battles. These are as thus:

- 1500pts, the break down would be: 125pts per month for 12 months or 250pts per month for a 6 month project.
    - 1850pts, the break down works out at: 155pts a month for 12 months or 310pts a month for 6 months.

Fantasy
    - 2500pts, breaks down to: 210pts a month for 12 months or 420pts per month for 6 months.
    - 3000pts works out at; 250pts a month for 12 months or 500pts per month for a 6 month period.

NOTE

Although I have set these points limits each member has the right to select a point cost of their choosing, and to select a force that is not from a GW range which again would require them to chose a maximum point limit and a monthly limit set by yourself. Of course members can increase the amount points that they paint each month in an attempt to complete the challenge quicker.

To track your progress, each month you are required to have a project thread in this forum and at the beginning of each period a photo showing the unpainted items that you plan to paint is to be posted in your thread. At the end of the same month a photo of the painted units is required to show you've completed the task.

So, what do you win? Well besides having a fully painted army of your own? You will receive a nice shiny medal for your profile that announces to all that you have completed either a 6 month or a 12 month Tale of X Gamers. In addition you will gain a small amount rep depending upon how long your challenge took you.

The challenges will start at the beginning of September, this gives you a whole month to sign up consider your force and get your thoughts/list hashed out ready to roll.

So. Any takers?

Lord Kritislik - Fantasy - Skaven - 3000 - 12 Months ([ToXG] The Verminous Horde - 3000 Points - 12 Months)
    MrBuddha - 40K - Chaos Space Marines - 1850 pts - 12 months ([ToXG] Iron Warriors)
    DeathPoke - 40K - Grey Knights - 2000pts - 12 Months ([ToXG] Grey Knights)
    SJPhillyVT - 40K - Space Wolves - 2000 pts - 12 months ([ToXG] Space Wolves)
    Sancraer - Fantasy - Dwarves - 2500 - 12 months ([ToXG] Dwarfs)
    Andy_G - 40k - Imperial Guard - 1,000pts - 6 months
    shurley - 40K - Blood Angels - 1850 Pts - 12 Months ([ToXG] Blood Angels)
    Jaden137 - Fantasy- High Elves - 2500pts - 12 months ([ToXG] High Elves)
    praxis - 40K - Vanilla space marines - 2000pts - 12 months ([ToXG] vanilla space marines)
    Waddywoos - Fantasy - Ogre Kingdoms - 2000 - 6 months PLUS fantasy - unknown - 500 - 6 months ([ToXG] Ogre Kingdoms and SoM allies)
    Klajorne - 40k - Space Wolves - 1500 - 12 months ([ToXG] Klajorne's Space Wolf Imposters)
    ChadMS - Fantasy - Empire - 2500 -12 months ([ToXG] The Soldiers Shilling: ChadMS's Empire)
    Leafblower- fantasy- Dwarfs- 2500pts-12months ([ToXG?] Leafblower's Dwarfs of Kazad Kol Drak)

Kuffy

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; September 20th, 2011 at 13:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be interested in painting up a trollbloods army and maybe even a khador one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

I'd be interested, once I can decide on my second 40k army, and scrape some money together |:
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Count me in!!

X Gamers+Painting Oath = Much needed motivation!!

*quick question - Do we just check back here on the 1st of Sept for details?
    Last edited by DeathPoke; August 4th, 2011 at 06:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DeathPoke View Post
    Count me in!!

X Gamers+Painting Oath = Much needed motivation!!

*quick question - Do we just check back here on the 1st of Sept for details?
    The details are ready. All you need to do is between now and the 1st September plan out your force and split it into points. When you are ready make a blog and drop a link to it here, no starting minis until the start date though. As long as I know who is doing what army and length, I can keep track. The format for the post should be like so:

NAME - SYSTEM - ARMY - POINTS - LENGTH

So, for example:

Kuffy - Fantasy - Dwarfs - 2500 - 12 months

And include a link to your blog. At the start and end of each month you need to drop a link to the post with unpainted minis (the start) and painted ones (end).

I hope this is clear? And glad to see some interest, motivation is always a good thing.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I would be interested in this, a good way to get motivated however I have a slight problem, I have 60 clanrats built sprayed and airbrushed scorched brown, no painting with a brush yet though, would I be able to include these in the project as its basically just a coloured undercoat?

LK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

I was going to start vampire counts anyway. Might as well join in, may even motivate me to get a part-time job to pay for the things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kritislik View Post
    I would be interested in this, a good way to get motivated however I have a slight problem, I have 60 clanrats built sprayed and airbrushed scorched brown, no painting with a brush yet though, would I be able to include these in the project as its basically just a coloured undercoat?

LK
    I think that should be fine, I don't think being too strict is a good idea. If we were no one would want to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Sancraer View Post
    I was going to start vampire counts anyway. Might as well join in, may even motivate me to get a part-time job to pay for the things.

That's the spirit!

If those wanting to take part, just drop a post with the below format for me. So we know who's doing what size and at what length.

NAME - SYSTEM - ARMY - POINTS - LENGTH

So, for example:

Kuffy - Fantasy - Dwarfs - 2500 - 12 months

Kuffy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Sancraer - Fantasy - Vampire Counts - 2500 - 12 months

If we paint say 420pts in 1 month, is the next month of free (thinking of buying my lords and heroes as they are most point efficient for the RL cost until Christmas hits and keeps me going)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Lord Kritislik - Fantasy - Skaven - 3000 - 12 Months

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast