[ToXG] The Soldiers Shilling: ChadMS's Empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

[ToXG] The Soldiers Shilling: ChadMS's Empire

Well, hi all

I've been away from the forum for a few months now, but I've decided that I've missed helping other guys with army lists and stuff, commenting on what they've done and posting the odd picture of my own stuff.

Now I'm getting rather ambitious.

I was just a little late in signing up to ToXG, but I hope to see this project through. I'm fairly new to fantasy, so this could well be a learning curve, but hey, I see it as part of the hobby. But for starters, here's a rough army list.

Wizard Lord

Arch Lector

Captain with Battle Standard

Battle Wizard

40 Swordsmen with a detachment of 20 halberdiers

2 x 10 handgunners

10 Knights

20 Greatswords with 2 x 10 Free company detachments

2 Cannons

Mortar

Hellstorm

Steam Tank

2500 points when you factor in a few magic items and equipment. Aim is to be semi-competitive.

For provincial colours, I'm thinking Ostermark. For inspiration I came across a magnificent one on the GW website, complete with a tutorial. I am a decent painter, but not very adventurous, hence why I will be using a few of those colour ideas to get me started. I am of course, aiming to improve, so criticism of all types will be welcome to me

Seeing as I am starting late, my 210 points for this month will be the Wizard Lord.

Wish me luck guys! And the same goes to my fellow gamers doing this challenge.

2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Yay more ToXG-ness!

Empire sounds fun - a nice lot of artillery you have there! For me i'd have a cheapo captain to throw in another unit but hey thats because I'm a fluff bunny at heart and like people to have leaders lol.

Should look really good when its all done. Have you got any fluff? I'm trying to think of some for mine right now... its harder than I thought for ogres!

Good luck anyway!
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x2)

Awsome - I love Empire models - looking forward to seeing some ranked up goodness!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

Well, the Wizard Lord is pretty much done. That means I've already done my amount for the month, but I see no reason to wait until October. I've set myself 12 months to do the army, but I'd love for it to be done sooner. Anyway, here are a few pics. THey aren't too bad, but I do need to get better at taking photos. Mind you, my camera isn't great as it is.

What do you think? I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. The sythe could do with some strenthening though, as it is just waiting to snap. I used a fairly limited palate of purples, blue and white, rather than the obvious choice of black. Some minor conversion work was done to straighten out his left arm, which I was really pleased with. Just like he is in the middle of casting, to leech some poor guys life away.
    Last edited by ChadMS; September 17th, 2011 at 20:12.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

I've now started work on the other wizard that I built from the box; this time hes a Jade Wizard. The lore of life looks pefect for empire with all of those augment spells.

Pics coming soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Will watch this thread.

In regards to the wizard, I like quite a strong highlight on my models, especially on those vines and the cloak.
    Also how are you basing the army?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Looking good mate, a pic with a little more lighting would probably do it more justice, but from what I can see its looking good!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

A nice little mini there, he looks all wizardly. I do think however it would be cool to make him stand out a little more, such as including a bit of freehand around the edge of his cloak? Just some magic seeming symbols would work. It would make him seem a little special.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Lookin forward to seeing this Empire army. After some inspiration to start a WFB army next year, nothing but good luck on your quest sir.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

Thanks for all the comments guys.

@Sancraer
    I haven't made up my mind yet, but it won't be anything special. Probably just modelling sand with maybe some static grass. Basing is something that I really need to improve on though, so if anyone has reccomendations just post them here!

@DeathPoke
    Thanks, and yeah the picture is rubbish. Hopefully I'll get better as the series goes on, but I am making do with a mediocre camera.

@Kuffy
    Hmmm, nice idea. Maybe something like the symbols of the colleges of magic on the back of the cloak?

@praxis
    Hopefully I will not disappoint!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast