[ToXG] Klajorne's Space Wolf Imposters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

[ToXG] Klajorne's Space Wolf Imposters

I'm going on days off soon so now is a good time to get my ToXG thread going. Sort of a reboot from my original project thread, this just represented a great opportunity to paint the army in a way to stay motivated and put it up for a little show and feedback. My plan is to do 1500 points over the next 12 months during days off, which turns into a meager 125 points per month.

My list is a tweaked version of my old plasma foot list:

HQ
    Wolf Lord w/ Frost Blade, Plasma Pistol, Runic Armour, Belt of Russ
    Wolf Priest w/ Plasma Pistol, Runic Armour

Elites
    Lone Wolf w/ Frost Blade, Plasma Pistol, Meltabomb
    Wolf Guard Pack
    1x Wolf Guard w/ Thunderhammer
    1x Wolf Guard w/ Stormshield
    1x Wolf Guard w/ Power Weapon
    1x Wolf Guard

2x Wolf Guard w/ Combi-plasma, Powerfist
    1x Wolf Guard w/ Powerfist

Troops
    10x Grey Hunters w/ Plasmagunx2, MotW, Wolf Banner
    10x Grey Hunters w/ Plasmagunx2, MotW, Wolf Banner
    10x Blood Claws w/ Flamer, Power Weapon

Heavy Support
    6x Long Fangs w/ Missile Launcherx3, Plasma Cannonx2
    6x Long Fangs w/ Missile Launcherx3, Plasma Cannonx2

Definitely not a competitive list, but I've had fun with it (or something very much like it) for the past year.

Since I'm starting so late in the month, and I only have a week before I'm back at work, I'm going to use my existing 10 models half painted, of which I'll take a photo of them in their current state when I get home in the spirit of the event. After that, it's the game as planned.

EDIT: Thread's getting too long, so I'm adding a few quick links. Oh, and though the models are done in the vanilla style, I'm using the Space Wolf names for count-as clarification.

September - 5 Grey Hunters & 2 Blood Claws - HERE
    October - 5 Grey Hunters & 3 Blood Claws - HERE
    November - 4 Grey Hunter Plasmaguns, 1 Blood Claw Flamer, 1 Long Fang Sergeant - HERE
    December - No progress
    January - 3 Blood Claws, 1 Blood Claw Power Weapon, 2 Grey Hunters, 1 Long Fang Sergeant - HERE & HERE
    Current army progress shot - HERE
    February - 2 Grey Hunters w/ Mark of the Wulfen - HERE
    March - Lone Wolf w/ Frost Blade, Plasma Pistol, Meltabomb & 3 Long Fangs w/ Missile Launchers - HERE & HERE
    April - 3 Wolf Guard Squad Leaders - HERE
    May - No progress
    June - No progress
    July - No progress
    August - 3 Long Fangs w/ Missile Launchers - HERE
    September - 4 Long Fangs w/ Plasma Cannons, 2 Grey Hunters w/ Banners - HERE & HERE
    October - 4 Wolf Guard w/ Thunderhammer, Storm Shield, Power Sword - HERE

Fluff stuff:
    Shae-Val the Un-Star
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Good luck, get painting

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x2)

He he, more space wolf competition, this should get interesting
    GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

It'll be fun no matter what.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
    He he, more space wolf competition, this should get interesting
    Well, kinda sorta. They're going to be painted in a style very similar to Dark Angels, since that's the aesthetic I'm into, just with more chaos bits snuck in here and there.

But, to start up this project...

Here's that same old picture of the Grey Hunters:

I haven't touched them for the past month. I finally decided on what I'm going to do with the kneepad (going for that half-checkerboard look) and I think I need to shade the trim a little so it's not so stark. Plus I haven't decided if I want to do the writing with a pen or with a brush. Tried it with a pen, and it turned out a lot harder than I thought. So I might have to find a good fine-tipped brush (all mine are pretty well bent at the tips).

And blood claws:

Which are going to turn out looking just like the grey hunters, more or less.

Next month I'll have the proper pre-painted photos, just going with a head start being as it's so late in the month and all.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

They look very Smurfy... Are they actually as dark as they look, or is it just the lighting? Either way they be looking good

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are these space wolves? :-o

They look great tghough nontheless :-)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

479 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DeathPoke View Post
    They look very Smurfy... Are they actually as dark as they look, or is it just the lighting? Either way they be looking good
    The initial ones were that dark, though the fact that this house seems to have little-to-no windows doesn't help. I brightened up the assault marines/blood claws on my second go around. Having so much black (no matter how much I drybrush codex grey over them) really darkens the model, especially since I've redone the shoulder pad inset in black with a blue trim. Shy of highlighting, which I'm loathe to do for some unknown reason, I'm not sure how to lighten up the model any other way besides some crazy-mad drybrushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafblower View Post
    Are these space wolves? :-o

They look great tghough nontheless :-)
    Hehe, I only call them space wolves because I use the space wolves codex. They tend to actually be a loyalist chapter dabbling in the powers of chaos in order to keep fighting when they would have otherwise been overwhelmed by insurmountable odds. Radical space marines? The power of chaos corrupts, and they are already starting to show signs of mutation. It'll make a bit more sense when I get to my Mark of the Wolfen and Chaplain and such, the former of which I'll probably do next month.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant wait. Love the none-standard space marine/ space marine fluff.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

479 (x8)

I'm back to work, so I have to cut the month short. I didn't quite get to where I wanted to, and I finished up the month with only 105 points completed. Apparently, I only know how to paint at the speed of slooooow. I'll have to do a little catch up next month if the wife doesn't make me spend time with her during my time off.

*crosses fingers*

Here's what I completed for September:

I did mess with the camera to brighten up the pictures some, since our house is pretty dark to begin with. Let me know what you think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast