Yet another army Plog - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Yet another army Plog

Hi

First topic outside of the Introduction thread has gotta be a project log, right?

So, I've set myself the goal of getting my Orks all nice and painted. They previously had a horrible drybrush and wash paint scheme that was, in all honesty, done the day before the local tournament season began. Needed Orks finished, couldn't relish the time that I was going to give them the first time I concentrated on them, that was the solution. Came second at the end of the season, so it wasn't too bad. But unfortunately old habits die hard and the future of the army followed in the same direction - Drybrush, wash, base.

Orks are my favourite army. They deserve a better paint job than I have been giving them these last 12 years (wow... just realised thats a while!) so that is what this project is about. However, the problem with having an army for 12 years and playing them on a regular basis is that you do eventually tire of pretty much any army list that anyone can suggest. Therefore this army is going to be from 3 different army lists -

The regular Ork book,
    with a heavy emphasis on speed, Lots of trukks and buggies. This is my standard army list that I have been playing with for a good while. Not quite original compared to other ork armies out there, but it is the one that I reach for when the beakies start gloating.

Codex: Imperial guard, lots of looted vehicles. A real ramshakle horde of tanks using grots as imperial guardsmen with the occasional patch of armour. I want to take the more rare tanks that you usually don't see on the table top, such as the deathstrike. Nothing is more orky than firing an ICBM at point blank!

Imperial armour volume 8, the final combination of the two options above. This is the book that I will be aiming for, but with easy division into the regular books just in case my opponents throw a fit in freindly games or if I fancy going back to tournies.

Enough waffle I suppose... heres some pictures:

Trukk boyz unit one:-

And a wip of their Ride:

Yes, I know that the photographs are a little blurry. I really do need to work on photography

Comments?

Last edited by SILKiam; March 25th, 2012 at 18:26.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SILKiam View Post
    Codex: Imperial guard, lots of looted vehicles. A real ramshakle horde of tanks using grots as imperial guardsmen with the occasional patch of armour. I want to take the more rare tanks that you usually don't see on the table top, such as the deathstrike. Nothing is more orky than firing an ICBM at point blank!
    I think that's an awesome idea. Colour me intrigued.

Good luck on your project.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Klajorne View Post
    I think that's an awesome idea. Colour me intrigued.

Good luck on your project.
    Thanks for the reply, I don't know exactly when the guard-orks will be finished, but expect alot of cross over units. Still trying to figure out what exactly I want in the army list for the guard though. Most definately going to have some leman russes though - I play against a space wolf player rather alot, so blasting him apart with a tank named after his primach is far too entertaining of a thought!

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Have just got round to my ork army I shall be following this thread to keep me motivated! Good luck.

A

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Awesome. The converter in me has always loved Orks!! I really love that truck dude. Takes me back to my GorkaMorka days.

Oh, checks are awesome. I want more checks!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x3)

Have just got round to my ork army I shall be following this thread to keep me motivated! Good luck.
    You can't really go wrong with Orks - theres always something for someone to play with. I read and replied to your topic on the Ork board, but for some strange reason I had no reply. Was a nice long post too! I had to get myself an extra cup of tea half way through. Shame it disappeared. Does LO usually have these problems?

Oh, and just a bit of inspiration for The general Ork player:

Da Ork Song - YouTube

Awesome. The converter in me has always loved Orks!! I really love that truck dude. Takes me back to my GorkaMorka days.
    Heh, one of the reasons that my Orks keep on expanding. Spare parts and models that others wish to toss aside all of a sudden come back to haunt them as a looted vehicle. Or haunt me, rolling three 1's for in one turn for looted wagons seems to happen far, far too often!

Oh, checks are awesome. I want more checks!!!
    Your wish is my command!

Heres Some Ork nobz in mega armour. Tried to actually take better pictures, but no luck!

And a back shot, theres a hell of a load of wiring - the main reason that this is up today, rather than yesterday!

And every Ork army needs a big mek. So I made one. With a trenchcoat.

Yes, that is a kustom force field on his back.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Checks = Winning!!! Or at least losing with style!!

Looking good mate. If you're having trouble with pictures try downloading an picture editor of some description. I use Picasa, it's free download, and if I can use it ANYONE can use it.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

I love the idea of mega armour and the back of that mega armmoured nob is really well done. Is that washes; drybrushing; or something completely different?

A

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x3)

Checks = Winning!!! Or at least losing with style!!
    Orks are never beaten They can always come back for another go.

Looking good mate. If you're having trouble with pictures try downloading an picture editor of some description. I use Picasa, it's free download, and if I can use it ANYONE can use it.
    It's not so much the pictures, it's the camera - it doesn't seem to want to do anything but take crap, blurry photographs! Will give it a try though - see if theres a magic button to make everything nice and sharp.

I love the idea of mega armour and the back of that mega armmoured nob is really well done. Is that washes; drybrushing; or something completely different?
    Mega armour can be useful. Just avoid squads with powerfists. They chew through units, just like in the game I had yesterday - a charging sergeant with powerfist managed to squash the majority of the squad on his todd. Probably best not to build and entire army from them.

The paint job it self is a combination of washes, regular painting, and a bit of dry brushing here and there. Nothing too complicated.

EDIT - Thought of a psudo deadline for the army (probably armies, may aswell finish some skavens!) to be completed. Whenever you guys have another meet up next year, if you'll have me.
    Last edited by SILKiam; October 29th, 2011 at 12:10. Reason: Brain woke up.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Great stuff, more orks is always good! The meganobs do look great, all mean and beefy. Although, it does look like your mek has stolen Santa's coat.

Oh, and there will be another meet next year. ALWAYS! And this time I won't take me forever to make it there. Yay!

Kuffy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast