Welcome to Librarium Online!
After years of procrastination and with the release of the new exciting codex, I've put my foot down and am currently finishing my Necron army. Right now, I'm just planning on a simple 1000pts army before purchasing a heap of new models.
1 Overlord w/ Phaeron, Warscythe, Res Orb, Mindshackle Scarabs (possibly too much gear)
1 Cryptek w/ Harbinger of Eternity, Chronometron
10 Immortals w/ Tesla carbines
2 x 5 Scarabs
3 H Destroyers
These are my current models but am hoping to get a ghost ark, more crypteks and a command barge to do the nifty no scatter VoD with Obyron.
I will be using a light blue (around the colour of Space Wolves) for the majority of models alonside just chaos black. For alternate colours, I'll be using Ice Blue and Mordian Blue. I have plans to convert excess warriors into Flayed Ones and I also plan to magnetise models for more choices without buying new models.
Ordered an Overlord, a Cryptek and 10 Immortals (so cheap now, thx GW) along with appropriate paint and should receive them on Thursday or Saturday.
Most of my standard were already built when I first got these models so that saved some time. I liked the idea of some necrons not waking up correctly and decided to damage some of my necrons. With some screwdrivers and an icepick, I heated them up before inserting them into various places to create bullet holes. The ice pick worked quite well and the holes actually looked like something burned through (like a melta). Other damage was done using a hobby knife and clippers.
These are the damage necrons. I'm not sure if I want to damage all my necrons but I noticed that I trimmed the left legs off only and did not touch teh right leg. I also have ideas for necrons crawling but I might save this idea for WBB (RAP now) counters. All in all I think they look pretty nice
On the left is one of my damage necrons. The rock he is learning on is made of plaster bought from my local hardware store. I followed the instructions on the packet and made 2 batches in a small plastic container before smashing it with a hammer and using a butter knife to make them a more reasonable size. On the right is the start of a Flayed One. Not sure if I want to add skin; I think they look better without any skin on them. I've bought plasticard which will form the claws along with a little green stuff to form hands.
Plaster Rocks. The smooth edges formed along the walls of the plastic container I used to form them. These sides don't look like broken concrete so I used a butter knife to cut off smaller pieces that would not have the smooth sides.
Before buying a set of Immortals, I wanted to see how a warrior would look with a modified gun. It does not work well as the blaster is way too tall for a warrior to hold and I'm not that good at modifying models. The blaster looks pretty good though. Weighing the misproportions and the new tesla option, I decided to buy Immortals instead of making them.
This is what I have done so far; 20 warriors, 1 test warrior, 1 partial flayed one and 11 scarab bases. There's only one scarab on each base at the moment as I will be magnetising the 2 scarabs I intend to place on each base. This way I have an easy way to monitor wounds plus it's cool.
So that's all I've done today. Tomorrow hopefully I'll be basecoating and painting the test model and some scarabs. I will also be gluing some more rubble onto some of the bases.
The basing material I used did not stick 100% on all my models so I applied some more PVA glue ontop and smeared it on with a butter knife. After that it was off to the garage to prime with chaos black.
Not sure if anyone has had this problem but when I was spraypainting, a little bit of the paint dribbled out as evident in the picture. This can is pretty old; about 1-2 years so maybe that was the problem. The paint did spray out fine and the models were primed well.
This is the test model I painted with the little time I had. I shouldn't have rushed; using a single paint brush was a stupid idea. Ended up painting into sockets that were supposed to remain black but hey that' what the test model is for. I have to say that I do like this colour scheme (I went with astronomican grey). Now that I know it looks good, I'll start painting my other models.
Any hints and/or criticism would be nice.
Last edited by tukchen; November 23rd, 2011 at 11:50. Reason: New info
Bullet holes looks very clean, it's a pity the warriors can't be fitted with blasters, quite liked the conversion... Looking forward to the test painting, good luck with that =)
Pursued Guard Regiment Fluff WIP - http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ial-fluff.html
Looking pretty good. I like the way the battle damage turned out. I'm curious to see how it shows up on the final product. Consider me interested.