Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
My first thread is a little messy and off topic (mostly because my lack of attention at times), so I decided to make one much more to the point.
This is a made up chapter that follows Vanilla codex.
Last edited by Lani Guy; September 24th, 2012 at 22:48.
Looking good Lani, can't wait to see more.
The right front of the Master of the Forge looks like it needs some purple glaze or wash but it may be the photo.
Yeah man I remember when you started the other thread. Love the look of these guys. Metalics are nice and smooth. I agree with Allonairre about the right side of the sword, looks like its missing the purple. Then again metalics tend to hide some detail in photos if they are light enough. Bolters in the TacSquad could use a little highlight personally just to make them pop a little more.
Bases are fantastic, I am on a snow base kick right now as I will be doing them for my High Elves. If you dont mind me asking how you did them? Great wook looking forward to more!
Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1
As for the bases:
1) Black primer
2) I use a product called "Woodland Scenic". It's at my local Mom and Pop's hobby store. They have super fine grain which is what I use. So I just glue than down accordingly.
3) Wash it with Badab black and delvan mud.
4) Then I do a very light dry brush of Tamiya color called "Wooden Deck tan" (this give a much needed lighter color.) once the washes are dry.
5) The tall grass, my favorite part, is The Army Painter: Battlefields "Winter Tuft -6mm"
6) The small dead grass is Galeforce Nine : Static Grass Arid
7) The snow is a Valejo product called "Foam & Snow". Comes in a small tube and I apply it with a toothpic. I dont like super fluffy or wet snow, this is a more hard cold looking snow.
Its pretty simple really and I can make 10 bases in under an hour. Just do it like an assembly line.
Looking nice. I especially like the way the red and white helmets of the sternguard sets off against the metallic armour. Good job!
Thou shalt remember:
Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.
LINK - Guitarists of LO Group
Excellent painting, and great chapter name too !
Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.
I like the way you do the boltgun armor and a creative use of the dark angels master!Rep to you sir.
Praise be to the Emperor!!
Last edited by Lani Guy; December 13th, 2011 at 06:07.
That sculpt is one of the reasons i started the DA my self.
Praise be to the Emperor!!
First guy I've done in a while. He is a little messy but I was focusing on the glowy eyes, which were much harder to do than I thought. Overall I think they turned out pretty well. I'm currently converting all my units to have these eyes.
Also, the PHOBOS bolter looks top notch, very assaulty! Let me know what you think.