The Arch-Fiend's False Hope Army (WoC) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

The Arch-Fiend's False Hope Army (WoC)

Hi,
    I decided to show my Chaos Army here in hope it will keep me motivated to expand it. I played it a few times back in 6ed, but never since. There is a tournament in Poland for 2000pts in two or three weeks and I will try to finish an army to play there - I'll post a list later. To that end, I need to paint about twenty something miniatures in total, buying and building most of them before, first of all the Arch-Fiend himself.

Ok, to the point:

This is Bernard, the Dark Prince of Pain and Pleasure, my General. He thinks he is in charge, being really a puppet in the Arch-Fiend's hands.

This is Ugly Michael, the only mutation in the army so far. That's because he's the only one who caught a glimpse of Arch-Fiend's real intentions and when his soul was linked by this moment of selfconsciousness to the body, the latter mutated, assuming a shape closer to the soul. I will probably field him as an ordinary chariot, at least for now.

This is Flos Caeli, the elitary unit of sword-armed killers. They are good at what they do and they are proud of it. I haven't painted anything on the banner, now I'm thinking just about the letters FC.

These are The Thanatoi - the Arch-Fiend named them so and they don't even know what it means. Both units are still unaware of what is their real purpose, they are just ordinary boys wanting to play war and trying to justify it by what their leader says about mission and so on.

The Minotaurs I will be fielding as Ogres, probably. They are not GW, I don't know where they come from, I bought them on the Internet, repainted a little and here they are. They are constantly attracted to the army by the sins comitted by it, in some way I can't figure out they're an embodiment of the corruption of the soldiers' souls which they are unaware of.

I have also five Hounds, and five more to paint, I forgot to take a photo.

The photos are not very good, but the models don't look better in real, really. After spending 3 months just looking at the photos of LO members' works and then coming back home and seeing my army, I realised how badly painted they are. Anyway, maybe I'll redo them to some degree.

Gentlemen, may the commenting commence, if you please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Great work and thanks for sharing!! ...maybe just a little Ogryn Flesh wash on your Marauders for some shading and depth in the skin will give them some real definition.

I really like the Minotaurs!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x2)

They all look pretty good, I like the army fluff, don't see it very often

One thing though, you are probably already aware of it, but you won't be able to use those ogres/minotaurs in a GW tourney/a GW if they're not GW minis So I suggest (if you haven't already planned to do so) getting some GW minotaurs or ogres to stand in for them at the tourney.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Wow, over half a year later! And I have painted five models!

The dogs, whole ten now:

I have constructed a BSB and I quite like him, despite the conversion being rather simple. I can't field him, though, at such a point level:

And I found an old Spawn on the net. First I coated him black over the old paint, then splashed some white and I think I need to strip it totally.

Sorry for the shitty pics, I hope you like it. I'd be glad for some feedback. And maybe I'll try to paint something.
    Cheers,
    Miko

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

A couple of new models is always good to get you back into painting. I agree it might be easier to strip and start again if it's a metal model.

A

+ Reply to Thread