Chaos conversion army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Chaos conversion army

I have entered into a tournie that is taking place in mid February. For this tournament there is a restriction on what you can use for your army it is simply buy a battleforce and you can only use what's in it.
    I got thinking on this and then was told that the army you make does not have to be a legal army you can convert anything as long as you only use the bits in the box. No green stuff except for cosmetic work.

So I bought a warriors of chaos battalion. Now being a glutton for punishment I have decided to make the following list from the box....

Valkia

12 chosen full command wailing banner favour of the gods

2x warshrines

2x chariots

4 spawn

It's going to be a lot of work but I have already made most of the unit of chosen.

Anyway this log will chart the progress of this converting and painting mayhem so enjoy!!

A

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Sounds interesting - I might just hang around and see what you come up with!
    Good luck with the remainder of the project
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Well over the last two days I got a good start. I started with the easy bit which was the chosen. I've now started painting them as well. I've also started on the chariots. It was surprisingly easy to make the base of the chariot out of sprue which made me very happy. Wheels are more difficult but I think my plan is going to work. Anyway here are some photos:

C and c always welcome.

A

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

You're using a grey scheme for your chosen, yes? It looks interesting - is it finished, though? Because, if I may offer a suggestion, the horns and the fur don't seem to contrast very well with the armour. If you haven't painted them yet that could be why...

The beginnings of the Chariots look decent. Nice work there.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Its not finished as you suspected. It's actually dheneb stone with Declan mud over it. Im going to be highlighting it to look like bone. It's not going to be too complicated I hope as I need to get the army done so quickly. It probably looks grey due to the bad lighting! I'll have a think about the bone and fur though as I hadn't thought how to contrast them properly yet!

A

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Right finished one of the chosen apart from his base bit of an iffy photo but gives the idea.
    C and c please.

A

8. LikePenniwhistle liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commisarlestat...is this GW Oxford you're on about? Because I'm entering that exact tournament, with a WoC box too. Your model looks lovely - I just gotta finish making my halberd-wielding Warriors and paint them up. The command have a few Wood Elf body parts on them, though...so I'll have to make sure they're ok. If not, can always use my blood-drenched Tzeentch Warriors.
    Last edited by Penniwhistle; January 7th, 2012 at 17:04.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Nope GW reading. A lot of the local GW's seem to be doing the same thing at the moment which is cool. How is your army coming?

A

Edit: have managed to finish two more of the chosen since posting that pic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops, editted at the same time you posted. My army is all put together, save 9 halberdiers. Taking 19 Marauders, 5 Knights, 12 Warriors with halberds, 8 Warhounds and a Lord converted out of a Marauder and two Warhounds.

Really looking forward to painting it all, except for the Marauders. The models are so boring, heh. Hopefully, the manager at Oxford doesn't mind the Wood Elves I've got on their bases. They're purely cosmetic, but might be against the spirit of the competition. If it's a problem, can use 12 of my Tzeentch Warriors instead. Repeating myself, but I edited that into my old post after you posted, hehe.
    Last edited by Penniwhistle; January 7th, 2012 at 17:12.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Really like that Comissar, Only real suggestion woulbe to either get rid of the little skull on the helmet or do it in more of a bone less white to create some contrast with the armour. You could also try pulling the dark colour up the horns a little further but that isnt a big deal at all.

Cant wait to see the whole unit.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast