Librarium Online Forums banner

PICS and WIP log -Kabal of the Deadly Mist(Jan22)

7K views 92 replies 18 participants last post by  Templarius 
#1 · (Edited)
PICS and WIP log -Kabal of the Deadly Mist(Apr26)

First up, a Raider at a tabletop standard, needs more detail but I can now play it:

I have been working on and off on him for about a week. But only able to get 30-45 mins per sitting due to my schedule.
Here is a better and update PIC of the Archon. Almost done:

and his cape:

(comments?)

Incubi:

Cheers!

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow green and purple is a really bold colour scheme. I think you really pulled it off. I've only ever seen disasters when people have tried it (myself included) so congratulations! The Incubi should look fantastic once you get some green on their armour.

It may just be the light but the Archon's cape seems a bit shiny in the photos. I like the shiny/lacquer effect on the armour and phantasm launchers but you might want to get some matt varnish and matt down the cape so it looks more like cloth. Unless it's meant to be green leather? in which case I apologise!

The freehand work on the Raider looks good already. I know it's early days but you seem to be off to a great start. Once you get the details painted in I think it's really going to pop.

One question though - why did you furl your aether sail?

#6 ·
That archon looks pretty sweet! I mean, the raider looks decent too, but the Archon is definitely the star of this thread thus far (and I'm sure he wouldn't have it any other way!)

Quite excited to see how the incubi come out - good luck with them!

Reactions: Templarius
#12 ·
The do indeed look very nice - I love those helmets, for some reason.

Out of curiosity, have you gone back to your incubi yet to get more paint on them? Or are you mainly concentrating on building stuff at present?

#13 ·
I have been building a few more things, my schedule right now is rather hectic. I am expecting my first son, and there are a lot of changes with work and life that are taking a greater foothold at the moment. But the incubi are my next to to after I slap some paint on 4 more wyches. Then, the reaver jetbikes and then... to get more SLAAVES.

:D

#23 ·
So, update on the wyches. They are not done, but playable now at least. The skin is done but still need to work up all the armour, weapons, spikes, do eyes and teeth and earings and other jewelry as well as satchels and grenades and tabards... wow there is a lot of detail on each model!
Took individual pics to show off their poses as each wych is a character themselves. Enjoy and if you do like them check out my other stuff (links in sig)!

There are a few things that I am not sure about, like what colour to do their loincloths... the other colours in the kabal are white and red... so maybe squeeze it in there?

Hope you liked.

Cheers.

#25 ·
I thought the armour looked a bit flat in that last series of pics - looks much better now that it's being highlighted! (And the better pictures help too :p )

Hmm, looking back to your question for the lioncloths - I think red might be a bit bright, it might end up drawing the eye too much given the subdued colours of the rest of the model. That's not to say you shouldn't use red at all, just not a bright red. A muted red might look quite nice, especially with it and the green being complimentary colours and all...

My two cents, for what it's worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.