The commissars WIP thread 2012 onwards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The commissars WIP thread 2012 onwards

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

The commissars WIP thread 2012 onwards

Having too many WIP threads is going to do my head in now I'm back to painting stuff from different armies so I decided it was about time I just had one. I'll link the other threads here and post links in the other threads as I go along.

Chaos thread
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...sion-army.html (Chaos conversion army)

Bretonnians
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ettonians.html (Commisarlestat's Brettonians)

Guard:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rdes-blog.html (Commisarlestat's IG hordes blog)

A

Last edited by Commisarlestat; March 25th, 2012 at 20:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

So let's get this thread going. I've been tidying up all of my models a lot of them have already made their way into the old video boxes I'm now using for storage so I'm working my way through them painting some here and some there meaning this thread will be bitty at first.

Anyway got a few bits done last night when I got back from the tournament.
    Some old bret bowmen

A chaos warrior champion, not finished but half way through

And what's on the bench at the moment

Enjoy

A

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Old Chaos Warriors! YAY for Retro. What are the plans for these rare old timers?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

My brother started painting a few of them when he first got them. Now they are mine they will stay in the same scheme but get finished. So heavy dry brush of silver and patches of red. I've done the old unit of halberdiers so I'll try and fish them out for a photo to give an idea of what they will look like.

A

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Managed to finish the warrior champion but for some reason the paint looks streaky in the photo which is annoying as he looks fine in real life. Other than that I got a pic of one of the old halberdiers that I painted many years ago to show the colour scheme and whilst I was at it I photo'd the mounted lord that goers from the same group of models again painted many years ago.

A

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Well avoiding My empire again. Managed to do a bit of work on them but I've been cracking on with my warriors at a fair old pace. Managed to get about 9 of the old warriors done bar the shields. Finished off the command for a unit which has been half painted for a while. I've also managed to get 16 warriors from various states (just undercoated to needing just a little bit of one colour) to painted and washed. They just need highlights once they are dry and then basing then they'll be done. Will post pics soon.

A

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Righty some pics. Here's the WoC that I'm working on at the moment a group shot and a close up of a back ranker. Not great paintwork but they go well as a unit.

And something my fiancé has been working on for the last nine and a bit months finally finished...

Enjoy!

A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice work so far, I like the way your yellow looks! a more dark yellow instead of the "my eyes are burning,where are my sunglasses?!" bright. ) what's your secret?

also, congrats on the little one what's his/her name? (sorry I'm really bad at gender guessing with babies...some take a look and are like "Ah that's a boy!" and I'm still looking at it with "uhhh, ahhh,ehhh, ehrm...").

BR

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Yellow is just a base coat of darksun the Declan mud. Once that's dry a coat of darksun mixed with golden yellow and the thinned pure golden yellow until the desired level is reached. That's usually three coats ish.

His name is Logan-George (its been long enough since the space wolf release to safely use the name now without getting mocked by fellow geeks!)

A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds simple yet effective, might nick the idea sometime ;-).

And nice name, Logan usually reminds me of Wolverine from the X-Men, and he's a bad ass. B-)

BR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast