SPace Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SPace Wolves

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SPace Wolves

Well after being bored to tears with my GK and needing something new and interesting to paint and play its about time I returned to one of my favorite armies, the space wolves, as I am on a budget I am reusing as many of the models laying in my bits box, here is the standard 1500pts list I will will normally be using, I also plan on making a wolf lord out of Arjack and grey knight bitz left over (well if I have any after I made my wolf guard).

HQ

Wolf Priest
    Total 100pts

Elite

8 Wolf Guard
    - 5 x Terminator Armour
    - 2 x Combi-Melta
    - 2 x Combi-Plasma
    - 1 x Assault Cannon
    - 4 x Wolf Claw
    - 1 x Chainfist

- 3 x Power armour
    - 3 x combi-melta
    - 3 x Powerfist
    Total 379pts

Troops

9 Grey Hunters
    - Meltagun
    - Rhino
    Total 175pts

9 Grey Hunters
    - Meltagun
    - Rhino
    Total 175pts

9 Grey Hunters
    - Meltagun
    - Rhino
    Total 175pts

Heavy Support

5 Long Fangs
    4x Missile Launcher
    Total 115pts

5 Long Fangs
    4x Missile Launcher
    Total 115pts

Land Raider Redeemer
    - Extra Armour
    - Multi-melta
    Total 265pts

Wolf Priest

This model is the sole reason I am using a wolf priest over a rune priest, I managed to get him on ebay for £18 + P&P, just love it

Wolf Guard sergeant

The only thing I am not happy about the model is the head, I really wanted to use the bionic eye terminator head as I wanted my terminators to reflect the look of the old classic terminators, I was originally going to have the same weapons but decided they would look alot more cool like this (and more playable), I need to get my hands on some FW crux terminatus should pads which I plan on buying next week, then I can finish off the wolf pelt, its my first attempt so yeah, it looks ok but certainly not up to the standard you see other peoples.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Nice stuff, I too have that minis - the wolf priest - and he is awesome as hell. The wolf guard is a great touch, the pelt looks good and his pose is very aggressive.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Kuffy, as soon as I saw the model in I knew I had to get one, I don't care if a runepriest is better in game, hes just such a cool model if only I could get my hands on some combi-melta sand save me having to make some I do wonder ifi I would be better off just giving the squad combi-meltas for Paladin killing

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Looking nice! The OOP Wolf priest is a stunner!

Dan

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Dan, yeah I do love that model, I don't care if the wolf priest is better, that model is just so awesome, I just need to decide on a company

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    Cheers Dan, yeah I do love that model, I don't care if the wolf priest is better, that model is just so awesome, I just need to decide on a company
    Iron Wolfs company! Or Red Maws from forge world.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well certainly won't be Redmaws (I think thats going to be very common now), I want to make my wolf lord from Arjack so I was actually tempted my Grimblood (because he had rules in 2nd ed) or Harald Deathwolf

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    Well certainly won't be Redmaws (I think thats going to be very common now), I want to make my wolf lord from Arjack so I was actually tempted my Grimblood (because he had rules in 2nd ed) or Harald Deathwolf
    Good point, just thinking it maybe better supported though, a few more bits and bobs available.

End of the day, you must ensure they all have the proper shoulder pad on them!

Dan

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm not all that fused about how well supported it is, this is going to be more a modelling project, I am going to try and see what I can teach myself, I'm not going to make the same mistakes I did with my Grey knights and rush them out, I think everyone who knows me says I could have painted it a lot better than I did, they are something I will come back to when I have the motivation and either repaint the stuff I am not happy with or sell on ebay and start again. With what I have painted I am not sure I am happy with the highlights on the wolf Priests armour, I might well have to go back and redo it, I think the problem when I started doing commission painting was I started taking shortcuts.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have been thinking about the list and decided I want to go with Bjorn Stormwolf's great company, reading the fluff of the company he seems to use bikers, vindicators and long fangs, basically anything that makes a lot of noise, with that in mind I have decided to make some changes which reflect this with the intention of adding him to 1750pts games, while I know this isn't really painting I was curious would what people thought about it, I saw some bloodclaw bikers on another forum and thought I how cool they would look in the list.

HQ

Wolf Priest
    Total 100pts

Elite

5 Wolf Guard
    - 5 x Terminator Armour
    - 2 x Combi-Melta
    - 2 x Combi-Plasma
    - 1x Assault Cannon
    - 4x Wolf Claw
    - Chainfist
    - Drop Pod
    Total 285pts

4 Wolf Guard (unit leaders)
    - 2 x Combi-melta
    - 3 x Powerfist
    - Wolf Claw
    - Bike
    Total 192pts

Troops

9 Grey Hunters
    - Meltagun
    - Rhino
    Total 175pts

9 Grey Hunters
    - Meltagun
    - Rhino
    Total 175pts

8 Blood Claws
    - Rhino
    Total 155pts

Fast Attack

5 Swiftclaw Biker Squad
    - Melta Gun
    - Attack Bike
    - Multi-melta
    Total 175pts

Heavy Support

Vindicator
    - Siege Shield
    Total 125pts

5 Long Fangs
    4x Missile Launcher
    Total 115pts

Basically model wise you will have two wolf guard with combi-meltas and powerfists in the grey hunters, one will be a converted sternguard sergeant, the other will be the old wolfguard with bolter and targetter with the wolf tail on his helmet (or maybe I could convert him on a bike a get the old wolfguard with powerfist and bionic leg?), in the blood claws will be the old metal bloodclaw sergeant as a wolf guard, last one will be a converted biker with wolf claw, I will see if I can get anymore of the chaos lightning claws (they just look cool). Model this just means I need the wolf guards sergeants, bloodclaw bikers, tanks and long fangs to get. Maybe I am better off taking grey hunters over the blood claws, I can reduce the size of the bikers make them back to 9 with melta.

So what do you people think is the better to do?

Ps, if a mode reads this would he mind fixing the type in the thread title please thankyou
    Last edited by HappyJim; March 12th, 2012 at 04:50.

+ Reply to Thread