Space Wolves 2012 onwards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolves 2012 onwards

I've been away too long from the hobby and not gamed enough & this is going to change! I've bought a Space Wolves army (and a new camera so pictures may be a bit unfocused while I learn to use it) and will list its progress in my blog. I'll put some other pictures in this thread so you won't be seeing the same things in both.

Any constructive critique welcome.

This will be my Wolf Guard Battle Leader - no ranged weapons as he is still new (relatively for a battle leader) and likes to run in and hit things still. He'll probably go with a unit of Blood Claws but I'm tempted to make him a wolf guard and attach him as a pack leader so he's not an IC and then run a Rune Priest in charge.

DSCN0076.jpg

My Blog

"The nature of Mon Keigh was irrepressible!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I could go on with the old yarn of not giving your WGBL a fist due to losing the advantage of his high initiative and how it's not a competitive choice, blah blah blah. But when we're talking about armies, I'm definitely a style over substance kind of guy.

But! One other consideration is to make him a lone wolf. With a storm shield he's be quite survivable, and the fist will mean that he's your main anti-mc or walker fighter, with having re-rolls against them and a high strength, plus the invulnerable save to defend against them.

EDIT: as a side note, I can't look at blogs. The board says I don't have permissions.

4. ThanksSigelus thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Klajorne, I agree with the style over substance comments. When I go to a tournament I prefer to enjoy my games and find that some of those near the top are a bit too competative to make it enjoyable. You get a different set of opponents to face.

I take your point re making him a Lone Wolf but I was not sure how a single model unit would fare in this day and age nor with the up coming rules. I'll probably give it a go as I'm now thinking of having a Rune Priest or two lead the force, with a Wolf Priest in support.

I have had a look at the blog permissions and made a few changes, can you see it now? If not I can post some of the other pictures. I'm not as good at conversions as you are - I love your imagery for your SW Imposters - but I'll practice after getting the painting sorted on the first couple of units.
    "The nature of Mon Keigh was irrepressible!"

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Yup, seeing your razorback now. And the bases are pretty nice. Keep up on the posts, it's nice to watch armies grow.

Speaking of which: the eternal warrior makes the lone wolf pretty survivable, and if you put him in a razorback with a couple wolves, he can do alright. Main thing is to think of him as a cheap harassing unit. But he always surprises me. I had a pa lone wolf with a frost blade and no storm shield face off against a deathwing squad for three rounds. He took powerfist attacks to the face the entire time and kept coming back for more (or my opponent just couldn't roll 2+ to wound to save his life, but I like my view of it better). Took out 4 of the 5 terminators until he was eventually taken down. I think I have more stories of my lone wolf (both good and bad) than any other model.

But you can't go wrong with Rune Priests. They're definitely the best HQ option that we have.

+ Reply to Thread