New Game - Zombies (Hell in the Hive) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x3)

New Game - Zombies (Hell in the Hive)

For those who don't know (most of you) I am a secondary school teacher who runs a fairly successful Gaming Club, with the kids mostly playing 40k, WFB and d&d with some of the younger ones playing easier games like Perudo and Killer Bunnies.

I made a game around a year ago and have been testing it in the group for a while to help bridge the gap between simple games and tabletop games, now I really need your advice everybody (plus you might like playing it yourself)

It is based around a Hive City being infested with the Zombie plague, with bands of survivors fighting to escape and cause as much mayhem as possible on the way out.

It has a lot of similarities to 40k, but you only control a few models and there are random event cards that are both positive and negative.

Each player will be allowed 4 points worth of models (each model's point value is given in the bottom right of its card)

I have posted the rules below and will keep posting progress on making and painting the player models and zombies (although they are done by the kids)

Please post up comments, suggestions or questions, would especially love suggestions of new event cards

https://rapidshare.com/files/1887689...pdf_format.zip

Models to come soon

Last edited by redemptionlife; May 19th, 2012 at 23:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x3)

So I have now built the first set of 9 player models, a mix of some redemptionists who just couldnt resist burning and chopping off the heads of some heretics and some lone survivors just hoping to get out of the Hive alive.

First two models are basecoated, each will have a predominant colour which will be represented on the card to allow the kids not to have to recognise how all the weapons look but will help teach them in the future. The rims of bases are also painted the same colour, just makes keeping track of your team easier, especially when everyone is split up.

The Deacon - Stayed in the Hive for the love of killing some heretic scum, loves the smell of burning zombie flesh in the mornings

Psycho - Some people are just never happy until they are knee deep in zombie corpses with blood splattered over their face and hands

Should finish details and highlights tomorrow if I get a break from work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    250 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by redemptionlife View Post

I have posted the rules below and will keep posting progress on making and painting the player models and zombies (although they are done by the kids)

Please post up comments, suggestions or questions, would especially love suggestions of new event cards

https://rapidshare.com/files/3671053..._and_cards.zip

Models to come soon
    Ok I was totally going to give it a go and downloaded the rules but they are in .pub format, any chance you can convert to PDF or something like RTF so anyone can check it out without having the correct sofeware? please

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x3)

Will convert it tomorrow and reupload, forgot everyone doesn't have access to free copies of office

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Here's an archive of the files in PNG image format:

Download Zombies.rar from Sendspace.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x3)

Thanks for that... also updated the original post to a download with them in pdf format. Hope you enjoy everybody

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    250 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittle72 View Post
    Here's an archive of the files in PNG image format:

Download Zombies.rar from Sendspace.com
    Awesome!! Thanks for that I'll be able to give it a whirl now

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x3)

So finished the first two player models

"Flames"

and

"Psycho"

Hope you like, the next two to come are the Orange model (armed with flame pistol and power sword, another redemptionist) and the purple model armed with a shotgun (lol another redemptionist, blame the mrs I asked her to pick the next two colours).

+ Reply to Thread