Toys 'n' that - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Toys 'n' that

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Toys 'n' that

Hey guys, firstly, been away for a while but now I'm back! Did you even notice I was gone? Either way, my rambling ways are back...............and with a new project. Yes, yes, yes. Another project thread but this will be for EVERYTHING now as I'm sick of looking for them all. A complete collection of all my dry brushed and washed toy soldiers.

Right, what the hell have been up to? Well, at the end of June I'm going to a 40k Doubles tournament and the first army to grace this thread will be that army. Unfortunately........ The army consists of 106 men and I have, what?, 4 more weeks? So the painting will be a bit rushed which is a shame because they're all the old metal Cadians. Still.......... here we go!

Army shot. As you can see......... it's a sea of men. Can you believe all that is only 875pts? Some models still need stripping/basing/undercoating but this is everything.

Now, I did take some close ups of the freehand unit markings and other such goodies but unfortunately the good camera is back in Australia with the MRs....... so you'll have to cope with crappy pics for a few weeks till the camera (and the Wife) gets here.

So thats 20 models done. 86 to go..... still, not bad for 1 weeks work.

Anyway, here's the army list for those interested.

Company Command Squad
    -Officer with Power Fist
    -4 Vets, Regimental Std, Melta Gun
    -Master of Ordinance

Platoon A
    -Platoon Command Squad with 2 Melta guns
    -2 Infantry squads with Autocannons and Grenade Launchers
    -2 Infantry Squads with Lascanons
    - Assault Squad with 2 Flamers and 1 Demo Charge

Platoon B
    -Platoon Command Squad with 2 Melta guns
    -2 Infantry squads with Autocannons and Grenade Launchers
    -2 Infantry Squads with Lascanons
    - Assault Squad with 2 Flamers and 1 Demo Charge

Last edited by Lord Borak; June 8th, 2012 at 00:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

*sigh* Yet another Borak army thread. WHEN WILL IT END?! Welcome back to the UK dude. And couldn't she just mail it to you? Sounds like a challenge, good luck!

Kuffy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Are you alright, Borak old boy? You don't sound your usual chipper self.

Still, a few days chained to the paint station and you will be yourself once again. Here's to it.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Alas, Tis just residing alongside the riff raf in our old colony that has changed me. Fear not! Now I'm back in blightly all will be fine and dandy just you watch!

Well, it's her camera so not really seeing as she does photography as a Hobby. Bit of a shame but I remembered one of my ole mates has a decent camera and he lives fairly near me so I'll get some decent pics on the weekend. Including some new Empire models I've been working on. Whilst I haven't been able to get online I have been doing hobby............in between getting drunk and recovering from hangovers..... It's been a busy week.

I also have a few other side projects going on. One small, pretty and deadly whilst the other is big, ugly and has green things for mates.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; May 25th, 2012 at 19:44.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

Mate!!! you're back!!!
    20 mini's in one week is pretty good going dude. Look forward to seeing you back on form when every things landed back to normality

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Ooooo old metal guard. I've had my steel legion out recently and it is nice to see metal guard hordes. As usual I shall follow this as I have your other projects! Good luck on the painting. The beauty of guard is that a quick paint scheme often looks the best and the testing up can be done later.

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

You mean 18 models, right? Heavy Weapon Crews only count as 1 ...and you still need to base them. Otherwise, all those guardsmen look great and I like the Infantry-based list.

Also, no Officer of the fleet? He's almost an auto-include most times though understandable if trying to avoid putting a damper on your opponents' mood/enjoyment of the game (same w/ PBS).

Anyways, keep up the good work on painting those IG.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    the other is big, ugly and has green things for mates.
    Be glad your missus doesn't read this. That is no way to talk about family...

Looking forward to what you do, Borak. These guys are a nice start. Now get painting!

Kuffy

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Kaleb:
    Thanks dude. It's nice to be back in ole blighty. As well as on here and painting again. I need to get 20models done every week from now though to get the army done....... it's pretty tight.

Commissar:
    Aye! Metal guard! I don't do any of that plastic guard nonsense!! After these guys are done I'll crack on with my 100 Kasrkin, then onto my 1500pt Praetorian infantry list......... and then onto the metal catachans...... God bless

Certs:
    Hey! They're 2 models on one base! They count as 2!!! Thanks for reminding me. I have a master of Ordinance. Well, as for the dampner, this is a tourney so I'm fully prepared for uber death Grey Knight lists of beardy pain, and I haven't played 40k since 8th ED Fantasy came out so there is no way in hell we're going to win the tourney. I'm just going mainly to go out and get drunk in Nottingham

Kuffy:
    Be glad my Mrs does read what? What you wrote? I'd enjoy seeing my lil Mrs beat you senseless (not that it'd take much). As for painting.....well, erm...... going to the pub, sorry. Maybe tomorrow

Might have new Pics tomorrow. You never know!!!
    Last edited by Lord Borak; May 25th, 2012 at 20:14.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ok, we have some slightly better photo's. Not great but better

Squad 2 of Platoon A. Squad 1 ain't much different.

Close up of sergeant.

The Ace of Diamonds. Playing Cards are going to be a feature in this army

Fatigues are Codex grey with 2 washes...... Works alright I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast