The blue I.G. legion (picture heavy) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guke

Thread: The blue I.G. legion (picture heavy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The blue I.G. legion (picture heavy)

Because of the unusual color of my I.G. force and the size that it's going to become I thaught it whas a good idea to start a project thread. Still strugeling with the painting off the guardsman especially the cloth parts of them.

But here are the first pictures off my very first finished model a vendetta.
    ps : don't look to the base going to make another one .

Allonairre likes this.

2. LikeBladeweaver liked this post.
  3. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

amazing paint job. 10/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great, especially the free hand. I also have a blue ig army and am quite happy with how it turned out, well done.
    hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Like it that blue is nice and striking. My blue if army uses 12 year old festering blue and I dread the day it runs out lol. Lots of IG armies coming up at the moment and the standard is high. Looking forward to seeing the infantry they should look really good even if you put in half the effort you have on the Valkyrie.

Looking forward to seeing more.

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A try out of colors for the infantry

And a leman russ work in progres

8. LikeBladeweaver liked this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a distance your vehicles look very nice, but the infantryman could use some work in the face, the gold could use at least a wash and his clothes could use one too. I like your freehand on the vehicles and would love a close up of them.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the vendetta, your freehand is amazing!
    I just bought a corporation army from mantic games to use as storm troopers,
    going to try out a similar scheme.
    Death to the Alien!
    who likes cockroaches anyway.
    Ordos Xenos 4/0/3

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

A couple of washes on that guardsman and he should be good to go.
    Do you airbrush the vehicles? as the blue looks very smooth in the picture of the russ.

A

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x2)

absoloutely amazing free-hand work there on your vehicles - I'm actually surprised your Guardsman doesn't look better if that free-hand is what you can do

However, I will give a few tips to help out a fellow Guard player:-

. Skin - looks like you've gone in a bit thick in places, and with too bright a colour - I'd start off with bestial brown, then with a fine detail brush, layer on dwarf flesh, then a final highlight of elf flesh on the highest parts which would be exposed to light, such as noses and so on - I would also recommend black-lining in between the fingers, rather than a wash at this stage, as that paint in between them looks pretty think so I don't think a wash would do that much.

. Clothes, again I think you've gone in with a brush that is a tad too big for your highlights - I would strongly recommend grabbing a fine detail brush if you haven't got one, and use it only for highlights/edge highlights. Might I also suggest you go for a khaki cloth too, instead of grey? Fair play if you like the grey but I just think khaki with that would look very striking indeed - check out these guys Macragge PDF - Page 2 - Warhammer 40k, Fantasy, Wargames & Miniatures Forum: Bell of Lost Souls Lounge My own method for khaki is to paint the cloth brown to begin with, paint it everywhere, recesses and all, then, paint over all of it again with Dheneb stone, again recesses and all - the brown was just to make it take fewer coats, although you'll still need at least 2 - remember to THIN your paints though, then, give the whole khaki a wash of... I think it was either Gryphonne Sepia or Ogryn Flesh, think it was flesh actually, so that you get all the recesses and so on, then finally, paint a layer of Dheneb stone over it again, leaving the slightly darker inked colour in the recesses

. Eyes, ditch 'em I say, by all means do 'em for commanders, but for average joes just leave 'em dark brown as a recess - saves time and looks pretty much as good - check out GWs lotr line to see e.g.s of it done that way.

. Gun I'd actually leave black and just do grey highlights, quicker and easier

. And lastly the gold, I'd say it does need another wash of sepia, but only to allow you to try and highlight it again, again with the FD brush

Hope I helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guards man is as said above the picture just a quick try out to see witch colors I am going to use on them . The model is just in base colors except the clothes and whas a 5min job .
    the finished version will get a lot more detail, thanks to all the info from this forum.

+ Reply to Thread