squadron of winter tanks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

squadron of winter tanks

Ive been trying to get my weathering just right on three of my russes, ive done a normal (for me anyway) scheme russ with dirt weathering, but i was reading my panzer modelling masterclass and decided to go for a little bit of a challenge so here it is so far peoples comments please.

first tank in squadron

this is the rear shot of the hull (the turret still hasnt been started

this is a close up of the left sides weathering

this is the left side

this is the roght sides weathering

and finally the right side of the hull

i have done the second tank but il put that in the second post.
    so what do people think needs doing to this as i really need some bullying to get this job done i started it so long ago but got sidetracked (pun not intended) by a lovely squad of conscripts.

Sorry for the grainy ness of the images they look loads better on my photobucket account. il give the link out to it if anyone is interested.

A

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

2nd Tank

right these are the pics of the second tank. i think i went a little too heavy on the weathering but im not sure...
    Again sorry bout the images.

for starters the turret shot

next we have a rear left shot...

then a rear left close up...

then a rear shot..

and finally a front right shot

these images are somewhat darker but you get the idea. This tank has "snow" on it that I made to look like slush.

comments?

A

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Looking good. Really good.
    I love the wearing, it (nearly) always makes a model pop, like I think yours have.
    The winter idea is great it works so well on guards as they are one of the few armies that really are being bothered by the cold. SpaceMarines and other fancy soldiers don't really care about it but Guards are still primitive enough to let it get to them.
    One thought I got when watching your tank is that some parts of it should be kept un-iced. Things that becomes warm when the tank is running. Like the exhaust-pipes from the engine. Maybe the barrels of the guns. You could even use gloss varnish to make it look like if the snow that used to be upon those parts has just melted and become water.
    Keep the pics coming, I'm looking forward on seeing more of them.

+ Reply to Thread