Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I recently finished the command group of my basic Warriors, so I thought I'd post pics of the front rank.
These are based on Xander's video guides, with a few bits from the Thunderer box thrown in for variety.
I'm afraid the pics are very dark, does anyone know if I can download software to fix this? Also the ones at either end are a bit out of focus.:cry:
Anyway, if you can see, I'm not too happy with the beard on the standard bearer. It's too flat and thin, and doesn't hide the cutting away I had to do underneath.
Finished GW Warriors
WIP GW Warriors
Ok, I don't know how much this is going to seem like necromancy, but here's a small update.
I know the gaps between these updates have been huge, but there have been some major upheavals and other things I've had to deal with. Having said that, I now have much more time to work on stuff, as well as a new camera that's actually worth owning. So, on to the models themselves.
I finally got round to slapping some paint on my Warriors with Great Weapons, and then decided I didn't like the masks they had. I'm in the process of replacing them with these:
And the whole unit so far:
And also some Blunderbuss CDs:
These are some shots of my Hero, Gharbuz Flayskin. He still needs some tidying up, and I'm not happy with the cloak, but then I did make it quite a while ago.
The beginings of 25 Hobgoblins. These guys are made from Common Goblins, with some old Night Goblin and Dwarf bits:
And finally, the first Hobgoblinized member of my bolt thrower crew:
BT Crew again
I'm hoping to have some updates done soon. I'm currently stripping the paint from my first HW/SH Warriors in order to bring them in line with the GW guys, who will probably get their beards and gloves re-highlighted (they're so vain).
A couple of wip shots of a test Hobbo:
Apologies for some of the pics.
Pretty good, but the beards need more defined ridges- they just look like rolls of GS, not curly beards. Also, remember that the two levels you make the ridges on need to be staggered, like so:
(ignore the dots)
But they need to 'overlap' slightly. It gives it a pleated look.
If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.
The look like some seriously evil stunties. Nice work matey.
I agree the beard need to be altered slightly, but even then your work still WHOMPS mine.
Keep em coming matey
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, and blindly believe everything you read on the net, then put this in your signature.
PS - i AM the Green Lantern
I agree, The beards are definitely the weakest part. The green stuff was semi solid by the time I did them, and the ridges sort of grew back. I'm happiest with the beard on the Musician, which I then covered with the drum.:cry:
I think I will add some marauder shoulder pads to bulk them out a bit more, and the arms on the musician are too long.
Cheers for the comments. Keep them coming, it's the only way I'll improve.
Edit: This picture was taken with the flash on. The end models are still out of focus, but you can see details more clearly.
I should point out, the masks are cast from a part on the Chaos mutation sprue. I don't wasnt to take credit for other peoples work. Please feel free to re-evaluate the models based on this.
Edit: this is now a blog thread (thanks to Davidvc04), so I would like to mention I have a Sorcerer finished and ready to paint, and I should have pics up shortly.
I have also brightened up the pics in the first post.