JH's Trait Marine Blog - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

JH's Trait Marine Blog

Just starting a new SM chapter that will test my modeling, conversion, painting, and army list skills. Pictures in the near future.

Concept: Snake in the Grass Chapter. Chapter name should cover the basic ideas as they will be snake like and will have see but not seen trait. Most marines will have that ribbed underbelly that snakes have on their breastplate, and I also have some very interesting concepts in the works. These include poisoned wrist mounded blades to represent Power Swords, and a cobra headed power fist.

Weapon of choice would be along the lines of heavy bolters, flamers, and a lascannon or two. I'm still unsure of color sceme though. Something along the lines of Scorpion Green backs and camo green underbellies. Elite, dev, and assault squads (when I get to them) will be painted in more vibrant reds/yellows/blacks to show how deadly they are.

More to come...

Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dear All Concerned... yourtimehascome's Avatar
    I am everywhere and nowhere, sometimes at the same time.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Dear All Concerned,

Well, this sounds like a very cool idea, just one thing, snakes have camo on their backs, and normal coiors in the belly.

yourtimehascome recomends finding someone with more rep/experiance to ask questions, but if you need any help, my PM button is your friend.

-YTHC
    Fluff Master

You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by YTHC
    yourtimehascome recomends finding someone with more rep/experiance to ask questions, but if you need any help, my PM button is your friend.
    Anyone with any rep power can give tips, as I find that nobodies bring in the most unusual and sometimes helpful information.

I haven't been on the comp for the last day or so due to illness, track finals, and the piles of homework that has built up because of those reasons. So far I have an extremely repositioned set of legs that belongs to the ribbed chest marine, and a sergeant that looks like a supremisits with his left hand raised into a fist above his head (If he were helmetless, I'm sure he'd have an open mouth to shout "<your skin color here> POWER!")

The next marine I plan to do will have a flamer with a snake head for a barrel, and sometime soon I guess I'll have to make my company champion.

And More To Come..
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Dear All Concerned,

What, who you calling a nobody!

No, I'm just kidding. Anyway, I think what you got going on sounds good, and I still think that color scheme I sent you by PM will work out great!

Pics please!

yourtimehascome recommends finding someone with more rep/experience to ask questions, but if you need any help, my PM button is your friend.

-YTHC
    Fluff Master

You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260 (x6)

Well here are some things I did a while ago. There are more things, but this is what I had on camera.

This is the chest plate design I was talking about. Now scales on his back would be fun if I could find an easy way to do it.

This was my first reposition attempt, so congrats to me I guess.

I hate flamers, but I think this has to be made into a combi flamer or something.
    Last edited by Jaffar_Hasad; June 11th, 2007 at 17:45. Reason: bad image links
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I like your idea of the snake-like belly, but I think you could try to blend the (eh...whatever you call such things, anyway, the horizontal GS...) better into the usual design of SM chest plates. The lower part with the energy tube things could be integrated for example.
    Maybe try some experiments like that, it would give your Marines a higher diversity as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260 (x6)

I'm not sure what you mean by that, so maybe a crappy Microsoft Paint over my picture of what you mean would be helpful.

The snake flamer will have to wait, along with some other ideas I have come up with. I took a break after prom, and now finally have money to spend again. Today was my first day back with knife and sandpaper, and I have compiled a few ideas and wrote them down. The cobra fist is complete, along with the rest of my sereant, I started working on an objective marker of a dying marine clutching his wounds while keeping a banner upright, I scrapped the company champion and turned it into my company master. He wields 2 poisoned blades to represent LC, and is made with cleaned up bererker bits to bulk him up. Lastly I started working on a Librarian with tattered robes, and this is why I have to take a break. A lesson to anyone who wants to make torn robes flowing in the wind, take a regular marine and cover it with strips of green stuff. DON'T be an idiot like me and try to use an x-acto knife to rip up a dark angel's robes. You'll end up slicing through layers of plastic and halfway through your thumb.

I'll get pictures or most of the stuff positioned and unpainted, and plan on buying paint in the next week. So like always:

More to come...
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Dear All Concerned,

Its been a while, but I still want to see some pics!

Hope to hear from yah soon.

-YTHC
    Fluff Master

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260 (x6)

Pic HEAVY

Well at least I know there is at least one person taking an interest. You made my day YTHC, so I'll grant your wish with pictures. I don't feel like typing about my progress too much so I'll just say I was busy with this and another project. Not happy with my camera's focus, so some are blurry, some are over focused =/

This is the Sergeant. Has a snake laurel, cobra power fist, and a snake coiling up his arm up to the bolt pistol. This like the other WIP models don't have GS ribbed chest yet.

My commander. Almost entirely beserker bits with custom blades. Most likely a pwr weapon and ccw. No GS snakeage yet.

This is a strategic point I made because I have an old biker model who doesn't have a bike. Poor fella, since he also has a bullet wound to the gut and left armpit. The banner behind has a cobra head instead of skull, and with that I no longer have snake heads (if you happen to have that snakes bit from the lizardmen sprue, that would be extremely helpful).

And finally I have found a suitable color for the tactical marines. I undercoated with catachan green, then 2 watered down layers of camo green to lighten it down. I then used 2 very watered down coats of snot green, focusing on lower parts as it was a shadeing color. The last color added was scorpion green. I had a semi-watered mix on the raised edges and places on armour where light would shine. Then I added lines of pure scorpion for the extreme highlight.

The ribs and shoulder pads (when I get to those) are brown, graveyard, then beached bone. No clue what the eyes are (red, black, or any suggestions welcome).

More to come...
    Last edited by Jaffar_Hasad; June 29th, 2007 at 05:46. Reason: Insert Image button troubles
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice . . i like it . I have an idea for a power fist or CCW , you know the chaos mutation sprue ? the tentacle , get a few of those gs the things like what you did to your marines and then get a lizardman head pherhaps , and gut it on the end so it looks like his arm is a snake =) , looks good so far (Y) .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast