95 marines to paint, one unit per day; Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

95 marines to paint, one unit per day; Chaos

Hello. For my painting pledge for July, I have decided to paint 95 chaos marines and 5 dreadnoughts. To do this, I would roughly have to paint one unit per day(and so far i have been) I estimated it would take a little over 2 weeks, but I just found out today, I will be gone for a week in Iceland to attend a funeral. Please note this means i strickly have one day to finish each unit. This means I only have that amount of time to apply any tips or corrections.

Anywho: Here is the unit of the day, a chaos marine squad. it consists of 8 marines, 1 aspiring champion w/ power weapon and combi bolter, 1 melta gun. All have bp/ ccw(or a pair of ccw's).

Here are some close up pictures of the first 4 in the squad;

I feel like the AC came out rather well, as i really like him. The other marines I was pretty satisfied with also. I kind of messed up the banding, and although it doesn't look terrible, Its not what i wanted it to be. I would fix it, But i would have to redo the banding on all the models and that would take a very long time. The backpack on the meltagunner is crocked, but oh well, too late to fix that now:x.

Note: In my army there will be two kinds of marines; Traitor marines and chaos marines. The guys pictured above are the chaos marines. The chaos marines all have similar heads and wargear. The traitors will be more random looking and not as well equiped. In game terms, I will strictly only give special things like veteran skills to the chaos marines(and marks when the new codex comes out), while the traitors will be more vanilla.

Now the next four;

I had some commical things when i converted these guys. Notice that one of them is reloding... but has no gun. also, one of them is holding a lasgun which by the pose looks rather heavy."Sarge, This lasgun is heavy, can i have something lighter."LOL.
    Anyway, I can't say i'm a big fan of the purple handed guy. something is off about him and i don't know how to make it better. Also, the one reloading has a messed up mouth(ruined it by putting too much paint(forgot to water down that time.)) Otherwise I'm happy with them.

Well thats todays unit: please comment soon.

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Now, I had finished some of the 95 before starting this thread, about 20 guys i think. so I will display them here.

First up: the noise marines:

I am very happy with how they turned out, even though i didnot completely finish.
    I Made it so thier heads were very strange, Having no eyes. I figured who needs eyes when you can use sonar or something.. I also made some custom sonic blasters out of multi meltas + dirge casters. The colorschem is yellow and purple. I figured a very contrasty scheme would be great for slaanesh.

Anouther chaos marine unit:

they were originally space marines for my imperial fists(using red scorpion bits). However i decided loyalists are lame and turned them into chaos marines:yes:.

If anyone has been following the priestly compitition, you may notice the AC is my Chaos un-holy man.

here is anouther identicle unit to the last(red scorpion patern again):

Finaly, two traitor dreadnoughts:

Unfortunately, at that point i did not realize that scorpion green is too bright, and i have no switched to camo green.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

ninety... five .. marines... in how many day exactly? I call madness... you hear me?.. MADNESS!

Red corsairs as well. For cranking them out, giving them good depth and detail, I suggest a "mid-tone" dip. Take brown ink mix it 1:5 with water, add a dash of black ink to darken it just a tad. and dip your marines after the basic colors have been added.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    ninety... five .. marines... in how many day exactly? I call madness... you hear me?.. MADNESS!

Red corsairs as well. For cranking them out, giving them good depth and detail, I suggest a "mid-tone" dip. Take brown ink mix it 1:5 with water, add a dash of black ink to darken it just a tad. and dip your marines after the basic colors have been added.
    Another good way to darken colors is to use their complement, green(for red) in this case. Black sometimes likes to be muddy, or act like a void.
    Yellow and purple
    Blue and Orange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post

When I'm done, I'll have nearly 200 painted marines in my army, and around 12 dreadnoughts, not to mention all the other stuff. I'm going for 10,000 points, OH YEAAAH!:yes:

although, I wonder if i'll ever play a game with them???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Unit of the day:

Chaos dreadnought w/ dual close combat weapons

To tell ya the truth, I'm more fond of the conversion than the paintjob. I hated painting this model, as it was a big pain in the ass getting all the awquardly posed areas(. I love the conversion, It reminds me of a Phyrexian from MTG. I think i will call this guy 'The Harvester':yes:

I've got some time, so I'll try to get started on a small 5 man squad to get that out of the way, or maybe another one of the dreadnoughts.

P.S. The base had to be simple as I've run out of all my flock except for sand.:x

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kossolax_the_Foresworn View Post
    When I'm done, I'll have nearly 200 painted marines in my army, and around 12 dreadnoughts, not to mention all the other stuff. I'm going for 10,000 points, OH YEAAAH!:yes:

although, I wonder if i'll ever play a game with them???
    like I said BEFORE.. MADNEESSSSS!

Dread looks neat.

Don't get yourself too much about the painting though, if I were trying to accomplish as much as you are in as short a timeline, some concessions need to be made.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Got alot done today, managed to finish two units. one 5 man chaos squad, and one 8 man traitor squad.

first the 5 man squad:

then the 8 man squad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Heres my unit of the day:

enjoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Was barely able to do anything today, cuase they are doing construction in my house, but i managed to paint up a dreadnought. enjoy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast