Running a Ravenloft Scenario - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Running a Ravenloft Scenario

Okay, so I'm crafting a D&D campaign/module for Neverwinter Nights 2 (whenever I learn how to program that kind of stuff XD) I want to include at least one "gothic horror" type scenario that captures the feel of Ravenloft and I need some advice regarding this kind of stuff (inspiring fear is not exactly my strongest suite). Advice welcome, especially from those who have experience with Ravenloft, Call of the Cthulhu, or similar settings.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Hi NiteRabbit,

I don't think you'll inspire fear in your players with a setup like NWN - it's just too far removed from an immersive experience, which is necessary for horror.

But you can certainly go for the feel of horror, and specifically gothic horror. Start with the wikipedia article on gothic horror and make a list of motifs, imagery, items and stock characters that will support your plot. Watch a bunch of Hammer Horror or Spaghetti Horror movies (if you can find them).

Happy to act as a sounding-board further if you need one.

+ Reply to Thread