Iam a noob to Magic please help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iam a noob to Magic please help!

Hello all i play warhammer fantasy most of the time but i wanna start magic.

I basicly know how the game works but what should i buy and how do i get started.

So i am just asking some advice of what to buy for some one who has

no cards and i don't wanna like compete in tournies i just wanna play with my friends

and have some fun what do you recomend??????????

You Can't Put The Cat Back In the Bag

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x3)

You can start out with a theme deck to mess around with then eventually change things out to work for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

The shards of alra themed decks are actually really good- you get 40 card deck plus a booster plus a rules leaflet so you can learn how to play. Beyond that, learn what sort of cards you like and how you like to play and go with that. Ebay can be a useful source of cards if you want some of the more rare ones, but you can also get some good bargains there too.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, if you wanna pwn in that game use red

They way I play I just get an assload of 1/1 creatures out with haste
    around turn 4 I have about 10 1/1 creatures while opponesnty only has like 2 5/5 guys

TIME MUST COME TO STEP UP AND TAKE BACK WHAT YOU TOOK FROM ME!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok sounds good
    You Can't Put The Cat Back In the Bag

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtificiallyEnhanced View Post
    The shards of alra themed decks are actually really good- you get 40 card deck plus a booster plus a rules leaflet so you can learn how to play.
    Personally not a fan of the Alara ''starters''. The rules leaflet you get is a horrific random mess, and the decks have no real adaptability or potential beyond what you get.

Anyway, don't mean to shun your advice AE, each to their own, just adding my opinion

I got started by looking around online for the basics of each colour, then just picked up a red deck, followed by a red black deck, and was happy with both

Best recommendation i can make is to just look around for a deck you like, in the colours you like, play with it, and buy / trade stuff to expand / change it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been playing magic for a few years now and unfortunately the newest sets right now are a pain in the ass for new players. I would highly recommend asking your local store when they hold booster drafts. Drafts are a great way to get some cool cards to start your collection, as well as have a great time in a relaxed environment, and for 10 bucks. Booster drafts works by everyone purchasing 3 packs of cards, you get in groups of 8 and sit around a table. You open your first pack, pick 1 card you want out of it then pass it to your neighbor. Continue this by picking 1 out of each pack until the first pack is empty then go to pack number 2. At the end you build a 40 card deck out of the cards you picked. It's a great way to learn the basics of the game and get some cool cards you want out of each pack rather than getting random cards. They'll explain all the subtleties of draft once you get there. Also pick up a starter deck for the backbone of your first deck. Make sure you get the most recent sets because if you get older cards those are only used for formats like extended and legacy which most casual players don't play. Don't be afraid to go to Friday night magic and draft, they may sound scary but they are very relaxed and a good way to make friends and get started. Hope that helped.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

A short hint of getting started is to made a deck with low mana cost - I've found that the easiets decks to play since you don't want to fall behind in the summoning race since you most likely won't have a decent strategy to make a comeback.

So I'll say combine red and green, red for getting some burn cards and green for getting some monster bashing. The good thing with green is that they have a lot of creatures which can generate mana.

If you would like to check out cards you might want to use, use gatherer to check out cards: Gatherer

If you have any question just ask
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, most people I know who play MTG have started off with one of the Core set starter packs. It's two 40 card decks, the main rules, and a guide to playing. It's a lot more simple and easy to get in to than the current non-core sets (they have huge amounts of multi-colour stuff and advanced level special mechanics which really don't need to be learnt by new players straight off), and because there are two decks, you will always have enough for a game and all you need is the people. If some of your friends already play, I would just ask if you could try playing a few times with one of their simpler decks until you get the hang of it and feel that you are ready to buy/make your own.
    Kompletely Kroot - "Needlessly swapping Cs for Ks whenever we feel like it!"

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I agree, if you are total newb you will be best of with a starter set, but my experience tells me that you will only have a fun match with it if you are playing another starter set or a very poorly created deck. Me myself always uses atleast two colours in my decks, except for my all red non-creature burn deck
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast