Dnd - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dnd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I habe played DnD, completed NWN and BGII but came to the following conclusion. It works excellentkly as a computergame but not as a pen and paper game. Why you ask, because if the PCs die, they are dead, no quicksave key, no one wins. Therefore DMs have to make easy dungeons that the players can get through without dying, but this presents no challenge. A game when players go against each other [like Warhammer] someone wins and its not the end if you loose, you just play another battle with your army.

Signature?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

This must be the most horrific thing I've seen in awhile.

One of the exciting things about Pen and Paper roleplaying games is the fact that there are no quicksaves. That you could actually lose your character if you rush that ork.

Saving removes the danger element. How exciting is something when you can just save whenever you think you're going to die?

DM: "You approach a corner..."

PC: "Quicksave"

DM: "erm...ok...there are some happy clowns there giving out candy."

PC: "Quicksave and reload my crossbow."

?!

How fun is never having a life and death situation on an RPG?
    As a DM I don't make an easy dungeon (my players can tell you that). But I don't make them unbeatable. There IS a way through...but if you don't find it then that's your problem. And if you DO happen to wander into the snake pit then that's your mess not mine.

So take a chance...open the door and have some fun playing REAL RPG's.

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completly agree, once your dead .... your dead. plus your pitting yourself against another human. not a non-thinking computer

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, you can do ANYTHING in DnD, and computer games that try to copy that just suck.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As PtOtOcon stated, this IS the most horic thing I have ever seen...

You are completly backwards, D&D is an amazing pen and paper RPG, but a sub par computer game. Having played and beaten NWN (all 3) and all of the Baldurs Gates, and playing D&D for quite a while, the "realness" of a pen and paper RPG, the fact the you can realisticly do anything you want, whle in the computer games there is a set amount of things you must do, and the repetetiveness of them slowly wears ones mind to cabbage. In D&D, when you die, you are nto completly w/o opttions. Your party members can ressurect you, or you simply start a new charcter. That is the fun. I have had characters that die (its what happens when you are new) and realising the mistake i made a second too late is a lot of fun, IMHO. If your charcter dies, you made a mistake, and you learn from it. D&D isnt about making sure you never die bye saving and power gaming yourself to near god-liness, its about you ROLEPLAYING a person, and computers simply dont give a player enough options to be a ble to do that truly. As stated before, come into the light and play a real RPG.

P.S. I am a huge fan of D&D, but I greatly prefer White Wolf games, the system makes much more sense (not saying D&D is confusing, just the way they do some things should be done better), so I would defenitly playing White Wolf ASAP
    Nik-Nak's Horde of Goblin Liberation
    W/L/T
    4/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completly and utterly agree with protocon as well, computer games are ok but I will take pen and paper any day. I know that no matter what level my character is that there is always a chance that a, oh say ancient red dragon, could jump out from behind a corner or whatever else the evil DM decides to throw at me. Where in a computer game it is usually the same amount of monster all with the same stats, and same items and it just goes on and on and on. You are not a true gamer until you have a breakdown because your favorite character died because of some sucky die rolls.

BTW-I have gotten mad when one of my fave char kicked the bucket.
    Tact is for people who give a damn. I'm not one of those people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never learned any systems besides d20. . . .

I've ALREADY poured myself over hundreds of books, DnD, 40k and WHFB, really, my parents are thinking I'm addicted now. . . . . . well, I am kinda. . . . .

Anyways, really, if I have time I'll take a look at this "White Wolf."

The thing I like about DnD is that at higher levels you get to do death-defying acts of heroism (or infamy), which is not too realistic but cool.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Infrazael Draennonssraav@Aug 19 2004, 16:25
    I've never learned any systems besides d20. . . .

I've ALREADY poured myself over hundreds of books, DnD, 40k and WHFB, really, my parents are thinking I'm addicted now. . . . . . well, I am kinda. . . . .

Anyways, really, if I have time I'll take a look at this "White Wolf."

The thing I like about DnD is that at higher levels you get to do death-defying acts of heroism (or infamy), which is not too realistic but cool.
    [snapback]200160[/snapback]
    Hundreds? Looks like 3.
    For if one gave, he dared assert
    He knew that man was repentant
    For many a man is so hard of heart
    He cannot weep even though he suffers sorely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets see here, Players Guide, DMG, Monster Manual I, II, III, 20+ other DnD books, all the FR books, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Codecies and Codecies, Rulebooks, etc, etc, etc.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to point this out. After you die, you don't have to stop playing that character you don't even have to get him rezed. You can play entire campaigns where you are dead. There is this thing called the afterlife*gasp*. You can use Goast Walk or your DM can do it however he likes.

This can make for a realy fun game, they are new and origonal, nothing you've ever done before.

It also allows your DM to use a more powerfull world, knowing that if you die, there is something to fall back on.

Note:It is possable to die when you're a gost, if you do die, you are useualy redused to a pile of ectoplamic goo(gost dead stuff), in witch your soul is traped untill you are raised in the "alive world" by means of multiple wish/mirical spells.

Just my 5 cents
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast