Welcome to Librarium Online!
I'm about to run a Deathwatch game, so I thought I'd post my ideas in here to maybe inspire someone We've a lot of 40k gamers in our group, so I'm basing the potential enemies on the armies in use... that way we can link it to our current campaign and the area of space we battle in.
Basically part of the background my chapter has is the destabilisation of the webway in a small region. This is the reason you'll find people in the galactic north you wouldn't do otherwise I can't post anything in here about my plot plans so I don't spoil it for AT, but I'll post up mission reports when they are done
- Watch Station C1263 - lead by former BA assault captain and now Watch Commander Adelias, this is where the kill team will be based.
- Furious Angels (BA successor chapter) - you can read all about these guys through the link in my sig, basically it's my custom chapter.
- Cadian 15th "Firstborn Devils" - still technically the 15th, but after repeated merging now contains a number of Vostroyan and Catachan troopers along with a larger than usual psyker presence, but a limited number of vehicles. Silver and grey colour scheme.
- Pentients of Our Lady of Refuge - An organisation of individual convents, the original convent was an offshoot of the terran-based Order of the Sacred Rose formed under de La Croix as a Pronatus order - dedicated to the location and recovery of holy relics.
- Rumours have placed a Flesh Tearers chapter in the vicinity, but have yet to be reliably sighted.
- Warlord Gulrukk ("Defcharge") and his ragged band of orks.
- Craftworld Althansar
- Hive Fleet Behemoth splinter
- Unknown Tyranid hive fleet
- Unknown Tau Sept - part of the renegade Shas'O forces, currently looking for new territory
- Rumour of a Necron presence also persist, but are as yet unconfirmed (as our 'cron player prefers his CSM, and hasn't given me the info I asked for yet!)
The plot will revolve almost entirely around the xenos in the area, with the warp touched only appearing briefly (as is only appropriate for the Ordo Xenos!) Hopefully my next post will be able to detail the killteam members themselves
- Black Legion - Abaddon's personal warband.
- Another CSM legion, as yet unnamed
- Unnamed Daemonic Host
Tempted by the Secutor chart in the inquisitor's handbook to kickstart a templar tech marine (Secutors are militant tech priests).
It's non-standard but the machinator array and two-weapon/ambidexterity talent access more closely resembles the old 3rd ed BT techmarines. Failing that I see a few expensive elite advances in my character's future.
I'm afraid the Inquisitors Handbook isn't appropriate for Rogue Trader, but let me know what you need to get to make your character work and we'll see how much your elite advances would be (assuming they're not already available for you in either the Astartes, Templar or Techmarine advancement tables)
The two-weapons stuff is just daft setup-work in case I get around to putting that lightning claw templar model together, I figure it's better to blow the starting points on that kind of thing than to delay more important advances later on when the weapons actually become available.
I'll be sure to buy tech use +10 and try for a decent tool set before I chuck all of my starting points away, someone needs to know the right incantations to operate the light switches.
Speaking of chapter specialities - Black Templars as masters of interrogation? I can just see that.
Marshall : "Brothers, have you interrogated the xenos?"
Brother Antioch : "Yes my liege"
Marshall : "And?"
Brother Antioch : "Dead my liege"
Brother Maynard : "Assuredly dead my liege"
Marshall : "Death to the enemies of the the Emperor!"
Antioch & Maynard : "Suffer not the xenos to live!"