Vampire The Masqurade - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member The Real Leman Russ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, ive been interested in it for a while, but never been an actual pen and paper rpg player. i was wondering if any one knew anything about it?

Children in the dark cause accidents, accidents in the dark cause childen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im playing my first campaighn now so if you want to know anything ill do my best to answer. i play the old d 10 version and have the rulebook so ask away bro!
    ~Joe
    The Guardsmen Legions, we fight for the freedom!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

whatever you do, don´t go d20. d20 sucks the spirit out of the game, and you´ll end up running around bashing monsters and selecting feats as if it was d&d. If you are new to roleplaying, d&d d20 might be a good place to start however. d10 is not as beginner-friendly as d20, which is why all new rpg books are converted to d20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i played 2 campaighns of D&D before i started this Vampire canpaighn. i like D&D but its completely different to Vampire if you ask me so i cant even compare them, and i like them both
    ~Joe
    The Guardsmen Legions, we fight for the freedom!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Vampire is a ROLE playing game as opposed to D20 which is a ROLL playing game.

In Vampire you spend much more time on the story and plot and trying to figure out who is *****ing who over. In D20 you walk through the woods until you spot a unit of hobgoblins, then you attack them and spend the next 20 minutes working out the Group XP. Bleh.

D20 is teh crap.

The best RPG's in order are GURPS, Shadowrun, Werewolf and then Vampire. The reason is that all four of these games focus mainly on characterization and story rather than how much damage your +2billion sword of stinky rotting death will do to the great big fiery dragon of the nether region of uranus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Amen to that, H0urg1ass! The d20 system is all about gaining levels and digging up +some number somethinges of something. I like GURPS a lot too, it is so much better that ANYTHING based on the d20 system. I also like the west end games d6 system, and I still use that system for starwars. d20 = d&d. Nothing else.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

D20 rulez!!!

Yeah man d20 totally rulez if you want to roll a lot of dices but it kills the role playing
    d20 it also good if you don't have a good GM.... my group don't have a good GM so the times we tried out Vampire it becomed a total failure, we got the same as we tried out Chuthullu and Werewolf (same GM everytime but the only one who got the books and we are not alloid to read them)
    Yes Sareld it is Dennis.... you know he like to be mystic and to think that he got the power
    Last edited by Arakiaz; March 29th, 2005 at 11:22.
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 10d10 system is the best next to Fudge (4d6, gatecrasher only). Vampire is way better, in my opinion, than anything WotC puts out. However, I played with a guy who thought he was a real vampire, so I'd check out groups before you actually play with them. It's great since you get to delve into the darker parts of the human psyky (I can't spell). I mean, if I was a vampire, I'd be all kinds of "oh good, that's just what I needed, to become a vampire. Walking the earth for all eternity sucking on the blood of the human race. Hey wait, I've got that hypnotic power like Bella Lugosi in Dracula. Excuse me Miss, could I speak to you for a moment?" hehe. Anyways, you can pick from several bloodlines (called Clans) that have their own pros and cons. However, picking the right one is hard if you are just beginning. Beginners ususally pick Brujah since they are pretty straightforward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vampire is cool. Shadowrun is really cool. DnD can be as roleplaying extensive as Vampire, but with my retarded group it is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Strong
    Vampire is cool. Shadowrun is really cool. DnD can be as roleplaying extensive as Vampire, but with my retarded group it is not.
    That's true its about the players not the game. I've had far better role-playing sessions with DnD than with anything white wolf produces, and I've played Mage, Vampire, Eastern Vampire, and Werewolf.

It's interesting you guys all love D10. I really don't, I find it's neither one thing or the other. I think the rules are so abstract as to be almost useless, and I could never understand why they were needed at all if VtM is such a "role-playing" game. Probably because without rules and dice people would feel a little wierd sitting around pretending to be supernatural creatures at each other.

The worst roleplaying experience I've ever had was in fact a campaign of Mage: The Ascension, a D10 game. Once the players figured out that what their characters were capable of was limited only by their imagination it was lighting-bolt-from-a-clear-sky and time travel, baby.

No-one cared about witnesses or paradox and they just pretty much tried to take over the world. You may say "that's bad roleplaying" but I disagree. That's exactly what 99% of people would do if they were suddenly gods. I mean look at the Greek and Norse gods, they didn't muck about hiding their powers from mortals and forming mysterious cabals.

So yeah... I personally don't like the D10 system but alot of gamers swear by it. I guess you should just try it out
    Last edited by Kahoolin; June 14th, 2005 at 04:13.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast