Ancient Rivalries - W:TA RP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 134 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Ancient Rivalries - W:TA RP

First off, here is the Rules and Character Topic: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=35002 (Werewolf: The Apocalypse RP - Rules and Char sheets topic.)

You must read this first and place any character you make in said topic. Any questions, please PM me.

Current Player Characters:
    Morgan Renard - Toastee
    Adam Renard - Toastee
    Talon Osbourne - Talon Osbourne
    Stormclaw - Martox
    Grausame Wunde - Grausame Wunde
    Dacado - Scope
    Fellwolf - Niu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Music for effect - D-tecnolife - UVERWorld (2nd Bleach intro) - The 1st Ancient Rivalries Intro theme***

Beast Court of the Jade Fang - Hokkaido, Japan

He exited the makeshift den and closed his eyes as he felt the early morning, spring time sun over his deeply orange, furred body. He opened his eyes and sat down on the dry, soft soil in front of the dens entrance and sniffed at the pleasant, morning eastern air. He couldn’t pick up any new scents other than the usual, and so begin to eye the parameters of the general area of the den, and again saw nothing wrong or amiss. Though he would check again once he changed into Homid form. He was a fox after all, and even though his eye sight was better than most normal foxes, it was much clearer in human form.
    It was however a beautiful, peaceful day. The birds were singing; the sun was shining. What a great day, and to round it off, his son would be returning from Fuji shortly.
    His son, Walks-though-Mist, or Adam Renard, as he was known in homid form, had been sent to an old teacher Morgan once knew, after the cub had picked his path in the Rite of the Crossroads. Walks-though-Mist had started down his path, the same as his late mother, the path of the Gukutsushi (Dreamweaver).
    Morgan had no real choice but to send him away. His own path was Eji, path of the Warrior. He could teach his kit very little about the way peoples minds worked. But he would benefit so much more if someone else of the same path taught him.
    Of course, Morgan had taught him basic fighting skills, the use of a sword and firearm. But he could not teach the many secrets of the mind and illusion.

His left ear perked up at the sound of a twig snapping from about thirty yards to his left. He sniffed the air, and stood at a defensive stance. Even though they were well with in the Beast Courts territory, it never paid to be lazy.
    He sniffed once more, not moving, and after picking up the familiar scent of one of his most trusted allies and friends, Talon Osborne, he calmed down and took a more relaxing stance.
    Morgan had met Talon back in 1998 in the United States just before all the business with Nathan started. That year had been a busy one indeed, and since then, they had remained friends and kept in touch.
    He turned his head to view Talon exiting the tree line. He was in feline form, and even then he dwarfed his own fox like self in size. The impressive white tiger stood at around 3’6? at the shoulder and appeared to be at 8 foot long, which didn’t include the length of the Khans black striped tail.
    Morgan let out a short, welcoming bark, and proceeded to change forms. After all, it would only be easier to speak to each other in homid.
    Normally, Morgan would change out of sight, since most Kitsune were of a private nature. Morgan was no different in that respect, but since Talon was a trusted friend, he saw no embarrassment. The only time he was change with in the company of others would be if the situation called for it.
    Morgan now stood at just other 6 foot and still just in front of the entrance to the den he had spent the last few nights in, though his appearance had dramatically changed. The orange, black and white fur had all disappeared, as had the bushy, well kept tail. Here now stood a man, with black, straight hair, and dark brown eyes.
    He was dressed in a traditional Japanese kimono, which was coloured navy blue all over, bar the white trims on its edges. The white tabi (socks) were clearly visible, as were the dark wooden geta sandals.
    Last but not least was the royal blue, and white hilted Katana, which was sheathed, and thrust though the obi belt, which was the same blue as the rest of his dress.
    He turned to face the tiger and smiled, before bowing slightly.

Last edited by Toastee; June 25th, 2005 at 02:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Northern Oak Cairn - Northumberland, England

A low rumble echoed through the dark sky over the Cairn. A thunder storm was approaching, and Alan Tyron; Stormclaw knew it. Staring out from his window over the treeline surrounding the Cairns grounds he silently smiled. Wherever there was Thunder, Grandfather Thunder was strong, and wherever he was strong it gave Stormclaw a sense of pride for his heritage as a Shadow Lord.
    He had been at the Northern Oak for 4 years now, at the head of his pack, Gaia's Fangs. They had however, not been sent on a mission since the retrieval of one of the Cairns Hero's Grand Klaive from Scotland... a rather grim tale that still sat at the back of Stormclaw's mind.

He stepped back from the window and closed it, a slight breeze blowing his long hair back. Turning away from the window, he strode quietly out of his room and towards the stairs. The hallways had been maintained well, the luxurious red carpet still in perfect condition. No noise came from the other rooms on the corridor. The rest of his pack must have been out... though it was a given in some cases. Quietly, he walked down the stairs into the Northern Oaks bar. As he stepped towards the bar, he nodded to the bartender.

"Hello, Jack.... the usual, please." he said in a hushed voice.
    Jack turned to him; and smiled back.
    "Of course Storm." he said in a friendly voice, pouring a whiskey and handing it over "£2.50 mate."

Grudgingly, he handed over the money.
    "Your prices are getting worse Jack. It'll be cheaper to go into town and get drunk there soon..." he turned away , resting his back on the bar and observing the people who were there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talon Shifted in response to his old friend. In Homid, the young Kitsune almost matched Talon for height. Almost.

He grinned broadly before embracing the other man like a long lost brother.

"It's been far too long my old friend." Said Talon, a broad smile on his rugged features. His hair was done up well, and he was dressed in a westernised version of the uniform that martial artists practicing Gun-Fu used.
    It was slightly faded, but then Talon never really had the funds to replace anything these days. Although it was a constant source of speculation as to just how he managed to travel so much without an obvious income.

Standing back, he took in the scenery and breathed deeply of the wonderful tranquility that permeated this place.

"I envy you here. I could find peace in a place like this, if only my past didn't follow me like a cub clinging to its mother's tail." He grinned broadly and looked back at his Kitsune friend, skipping the niceities that would normally accompany such occassions. Talon wasn't one for such things, instead, preferring to say things the way he percieved them.

"I brought everything you asked, and I've had words with the Watchers. If we need something, they'll do what they can to help us."

He looked out across the landscape again, and with his back to his friend, he spoke again, this time, the cheer almost gone from his voice.

""I know you wouldn't call me without good reason, my friend. What is it that made you take the risk...?"
    "We are nothing but shadows and dust. Our actions go unseen by an uncaring universe, but a select few will perform deeds celebrated or mourned by the stars themselves. What will become of us? Nothing more but memories of shadow."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

*Minor NPC*

Peter glanced out of the window which led into the large, squared garden of the manor, and blinked in responce to the sound of thunder in the distance, which seemed to be getting closer.
    March really had some odd weather at times he thought.
    He turned his attentions back to his pint which sat on the bar, and slowly stared into it, until he was disturbed by the opening of the door.
    He turned his head slightly, and glaced out, at the corner of his eyes. It Stormclaw. Someone he hadn't talked to for a long, long time, bar the odd "Hey" now and then.

He slowly looked back down at his drink. He'd known Stormclaw since they had both arrived here on the same day back in 2001. Both Storms pack and his own at the time hadn't gotten off to a good start to say the least.
    But things had changed since then. Peter didn't feel hate towards him anymore, in fact he hadn't done so for along time. After all, it was Gaias Fangs which had saved what was left of his own pack in the first place.
    After that he began to slowly lose the rest of them. Either to death or moving away. He smirked. Some leader he had been.
    Now of course he was with another pack, and was no longer the alpha. Things were ok, but empty.

Storm had sat down at the bar and ordered his drink.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Stormclaw glanced around the room quickly, and stopped looking around abruptly when he noticed a young Get of Fenris sat alone at a table with a pint. He recognised the young man instantly, and memories of his first week at the Northern Oak flooded back. The obstacle course, the fight, and more specifically, the opposing packs Alpha. He smirked and stood up, moving over to Peter, taking his whiskey with him.
    Pulling out a chair, he sat down, sliding off his black leather long coat, hanging it over his chair and dusting off his black shirt.

"Well well, it's been a long time, Get. How are things, Peter?"

He took a small swig of his whiskey and stared out towards the young Garou through strands of black hair covering over parts of his face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

Talon looked out across the landscape again, and with his back to his friend, he spoke again, this time, the cheer almost gone from his voice.

""I know you wouldn't call me without good reason, my friend. What is it that made you take the risk...?"

Morgan took in the same views and smiled.

"Yes, it is indeed lovely to wake up to on a spring morning. But, yes..."

Morgan turned back to face his old friend. "It seems Nathan is back. Nothing certain yet, mind. But he's been sighted in a few areas by some of my contacts."

He turned to face the landscape once more. "I know it may sound like nothing. But he's appeared in too many places for it to "just be nothing""

Morgan had flagged his concerns with the elders of the court, but they had been shot down, mostly by a certain Hakken who seemed to have a thing against Kitsune.

He suddenly turned to face Talon again. The worry and concern that had covered his face a moment before, gone, back into the bottle from which it came.
    "Come, lets go some place where we can get some morning tea and some breakfast before my son returns" Morgan said, as he started to make his way towards the old style built up area of the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

*Peter - Minor NPC*

"Well well, it's been a long time, Get. How are things, Peter?"

Peter glanced up at Storm. "Oh, Hi Storm. Aye, things are ok. The new pack seems to be going well."

He took a sip of his pint and placed it back down on the dark wooden bar.

"And you? Hows things been? Hows your pack holding up" He asked calmly, placing all of his sorrows in a box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Brushing his hair back he took a long hard look at the young Get. He had changed, he knew this. He knew humility and shame.... the death and disbanding of his pack had taught him the hardships of being an Alpha.

"It... is complicated at the moment Peter... Jacob's been gone over a couple of years now thanks to the accursed wyrmspawn..." he stopped mid sentance, gnashing his teeth. He covered both the anger and sorrow over and continued.

"Serin is looking after her child... accursed thing, it sure knows how to cause trouble! As for the Yin and Yang of the pack.... well, Jason is continuing his training with the Glasswalkers and Scarred...."

He stopped again, looking out the window in the direction of Scarred's little area and his tree. No doubt he would be sheltered under it's protective branches out of the rain.... Stormclaws thoughts drifted a little bit. As of recent, Scarred had been wanting to leave the pack and go home, back to his kind and reforge his name as a Red Talon. He was snapped back to reality as a lightning bolt flashed by the sky.

"Scarred yearns for home. It seems my pack is slowly being broken down by death, birth and home sickness. That'll leave me and Jason, and frankly his taste in music and lifestyle is on the opposite end of the spectrum to mine.".

Stormclaw smiled a fake smile. It had finally dawned upon him his pack was slowly disbanding. The days of Gaia's Fangs were drawing to a close, it seemed. Though the loyalty to each other was there - other things were taking presidence. Even Stormclaw himself had devoted as of recent, with the lack of missions for the pack, his time to training with his sword and learning more of the Shadow Lords history. Perhaps he should have involved the pack more in group activities. Even then, Serin had the child to look after, and getting Scarred to leave the forest was becoming ever more difficult. As for Jason, well, if he wasn't flirting in the cantina with the kinfolk - he was shooting a gun in the armoury.

He picked up his whiskey and raised it
    "Seems we're not so different after all, aye Peter?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talon nodded slowly and turned back to face his old friend, his look hardening momentarily as he sifted through the knowledge of how the Wyrm and its minions operated.

"Then I am glad you called me." Talon bowed slightly, something of a habit that he had affected when dealing with friends that had requested his help.

"What worries me, is that the Dragon's Claw has been spotted in a similar area to your brother, if the reports from your contacts are accurate. This may be mere coincidence, or it may be something bigger. That particular pack of Spirals are rarely sighted in the UK, so it gives me cause for concern when they return. As for your brother, I will see if some of my Corax or Bastet allies can help gather some information on them both."

Talon smiled again and grasped Morgan by the shoulder.

"In the meantime my friend, let us forget our distant worries and catch up on what has happened since we parted. By Seline, it's been far too long since I've seen you my old friend."
    "We are nothing but shadows and dust. Our actions go unseen by an uncaring universe, but a select few will perform deeds celebrated or mourned by the stars themselves. What will become of us? Nothing more but memories of shadow."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

"Yes, it is worrying. Though as I mentioned, he has been sighted all over, over the period of the last few months. Germany, Britain, Asia."

Morgan sighed slighty, and smiled as they made their way down a small stoned path that worked its way through the gently swaying trees, leading to the built up area of the court.

"But yes, how has life been treating you of late? I haven't heard from you in while."

*Peter - Minor NPC*

Peter let out a weak smile and raised his own glass, clinking it against Storms own.
    "Aye, I suppose not."
    He took another drink, this time for a little longer before placing the glass back down.
    "So if thats the case, what does the future hold for Shadow Lord, Stormclaw?" He asked looking back at Alan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 134 1231151101 ... LastLast