Archetype vs. darkreever - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Archetype vs. darkreever

A tall silhouette stalked across the rooftops of the city. Despite constant shelling from both sides, the skyline remained largely intact. Emperor only knew what held them together. The silhouette passes into the light for just an instant, granting a short glimpse of him. He is clad in jet black Mk 6 Corvus Armor with a dark blue helmet, a jump pack is strapped to his back. His left shoulder guard bears the Crux Terminatus; his right has an ivory white raven with wings spread. Below the raven on the left is a skull, on the right the number V is displayed. He wields dual lightning claws on his gauntlets, deactivated for the moment. He carries a melta bomb on his belt, but he didn’t think he needed it. It wasn’t like he’d run into any armor anytime soon.

The Raven Guard Shadow Captain had come to this area, stalking a prey of the most unlikable sort. Well, the most unlikable of a Raven Guard Marine. The warrior he was tracking was rumored to be of one of the Traitors of Istvaan V. He could not confirm these rumors by any means save seeing for himself. He had specifically ordered that no one was to follow him, that this was his battle. He recalled Shadow Codecier Grevin Ghostbone’s words in his head as clearly as if he had heard them just now.

“Shadow Captain Archetype, I sense there is more to this situation than meets the eye. I know you’ve taken measures to ensure that any counteroffensive the enemy launches is quickly neutralized, but there is more to this than even your trained tactical eyes can see. This could very well be your final military decision.?

Archetype had told Grevin that if he were to die, he’d rather die in battle against the Emperor’s enemies. He then left the Codecier in charge of the Company until he returned.

Coming to the edge of a rooftop, Archetype spotted a derelict Chaos Rhino. “Must have taken one of those shells,? he thought to himself. From what little he knew of the Rhino’s schematics, he could tell there was still a fair bit of fuel left in its tank. A rather loud idea made its way into his head.

He jumped down from the roof, using his jump pack to slow his fall. He touched down about five meters from the wreck. It was an abomination to all that was sacred. Its hull was horribly mutated, and its infernal spirit seemed to moan in agony. Archetype stalked up to the fuel tank at the rear, arming the melta bomb as he went. Placing the bomb on the abomination with a satisfying clang, he set it for a ten second countdown and started the clock. He dashed to a nearby wall and threw himself down just as the charge went off. Shards of steel flew in every which direction, the explosion certainly loud enough to attract the attention of his quarry. All that remained of the vehicle were a few burning bits here and there. The charge had at least deprived the enemy of a transport.

Archetype jumped to his feet and activated his claws. “He’ll be sure to come and investigate my handiwork. When he does, I’ll be waiting for him.? He then rushed to a small shed, just barely large enough for him and a Guardsman, which gave him a good view of the area. He then waited silently for his prey.

signature pending

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Dark crouched low as the space marines jumped from the roof opposite him. Moments later the chaos rhino exploded and the marine ran into a construct. Dark stood up and put both hands on his power halberd, still remembering that fight from so long ago. Purple power armour was plotched black in several areas from recent battle, but Dark knew he had to fight this one too. Dark and his kin were considered the very chaos marines they fought.

Opening an all out vox channel Dark said, If you are looking for a fight then look to the roof opposite the one you came from. I await your next move brother marine. Dark then unholstered his bolter and readied himself for whatever was next.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

Archetype peeked out of the small shed, looking to the building the building the voice on the vox-link had said he was on. Sure enough, there he was, gripping what looked to be a sort of poleaxe. "Magnify," he said, and the image enhanced as it zoomed in on the Marine. His armor had obviously seen recent battle, yet he looked quite willing to fight him.

"If you wish a fight, brother Marine, than I shall be happy to oblige," Archetype responded through the vox-link. He then darted out of the shed and across the street to the building. He made for his opponent's right side until he was right under him and out of sight. Archetype snuck over to his quarry's left, crouched low, and jumped. He rose about eight feet straight up, not even close to the height he needed to reach. Just as he started back downwards, he activated his jump pack and rose right next to his opponent on his left. He delivered a kick to the head that knocked him to the ground about three meters away, but did not press his advantage. He instead touched down with cat-like grace and waited for the Marine to make the next move.
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Dark hit the ground and used the momentum to help push himself up. As he did he fired his bolter and forced the marine to dodge each blast. With every shot Dark forced the enemy marine closer to the ledge of the roof until he was at the very edge. Without stopping, Dark sprang forward and used the haft of his halberd to counteract the pair of lightning claws that lashed out in defence of such a bold move. Dark crashed into his opponent and kept moving forward until both began to fall. Dark made sure not to let go, the jump pack could not support both marines.

Just before the two crashed into the ground, Dark pushed away so the two would land seperately. Dark hit the ground and bounced away and hit the ground again. He heard armour crack and a bone pop as he landed hard on his left arm. ignoring the pain, Dark got himself up using the halberd for support.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

As the two hit the ground Archetype had heard something break on his foe. He was very lucky it didn't happen to him. He quickly leapt to his feet and spotted his foe nearby. He was still rising, and his left bracer had a large crack in it, and he could see a small amount of blood. He held that arm rather awkwardly, like it was injured. He saw the Marine use his halberd to help him up and support him.

"Nothing an Apothecary can't fix," Archetype quiped as he rushed and severed the haft of the halberd with a backhand lightning claw swipe. The halberd still kept it's lethal energy field, but it was no longer two-handed. He followed up by rotating his torso and slamming his right foot into the chest of the purple-armored Marine. A few shards of ceramite flew off the breastplate of the Marine and Archetype's own boot at the force of the blow, and Archetype's adversary once again on the ground two meters away. Archetype then picked up the fallen haft and hurled it at the Marine as he pushed his advantage. His left lightning claw was raised and ready for a punch, and his right was held low to parry his strike.
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Dark hit the ground and rolled to the side to avoid a strike from one of the lightning claws. Dark then arced his halber up just in time to parry a counterblow from the second claw. Sparks rained down from the two weapons and neither could gain any ground.

The enemy marine tried to use his other claw to get Dark while he was ungaurded but Dark threw his arm forward and held the claw by the wrist and just managed to keep it down. In the process of doing this Dark had to let go of his bolter and now it hung merely by the strap on his arm. The wound finaly stopped bleeding and the laramin cells in his blood stopped the flow of blood. As this happened, Dark's weakened arm gained in strength and he began to push forward on the halberd and slowly gained ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

Archetype inwardly cursed himself at the result of his gambit. This Marine knew the arts of combat well. Knowing he'd likely lose a contest of strength with his foe, Archetype instead slipped the left claw struggling against the halberd so the blade was in between the second and third claws and twisted it away in an attempt to disarm him. The marine held on to his weapon, dispite the angle Archetype used to gain the leverage for the move.

Eyeing the dangling bolter for a moment, Archetype got an idea. He brought his right foot up on top of the bolter and pushed down on it, hoping to bring him down again. This move proved to be a folly as well, as the leather strap of the bolter snapped under the stress and clattered to the ground. "Saved by the strap," he thought. He spared a quick glance at his shoulder guards, trying to identify what Chapter or Legion this Marine was with.
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Dark took another step forward, slowly driving his opponent back wards. Dark noticed that the marines head darted from both shoulderpads as if looking for something. Dark understood right away what the marine looked like. Most marines of old legions bore their legion symbol on their left shoulder but mine has been taken away so I can complete a mission. Emperors Children, since you want to find out anyway. Chaos shall be stopped, whether our halted brothers would recognise our help is their own and your own choice and not mine. Not that an assassin like you will live long enough to understand the meaning of these words. Dark finished by pushing forward and sinking the blade of the halberd into the space between the claw as he let go of the other claw and planted his fist into the marines helmet. the helmet cracked with a shower of ceramaite and glass as one of the eyepieces was distorted and shattered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

Archetype rolled with the blow to the head, but it couldn't save the eyepiece. An artificer could fix that easily. His blood had begun to boil the moment the Traitor Marine had finished his second sentence. He had declared himself to be of the Emperor's Children. A hot, seething rage burst forth from deep within him. The rumors were confirmed, and a deep ancestral hatred for this Child of the Emperor filled him to the brim. Archetype jumped back a meter to view his enemy in full, inadvertantly kicking away the Child's bolter.

"A cursed Child of the Emperor, you say? Then I certainly think you need to see the face of your foe!" Archetype then removed his damaged helmet and tossed it aside. His skin was quite pale, almost like ivory. His hair was pitch black, and fell down to about mid-neck. His jet-black eyes gazed upon the Traitor's face with utter contempt for the Legion he represented. "I know of the events that took place on Istvaan V, Traitor. How your Legion betrayed your brothers and aided Horus in the name of the Ruinous Powers. I may not have actually been there when it happened, but I intend to make you pay for it with your very life!"

He then charged the Child of the Emperor again. Fueled by his hatred, he swatted aside the halberd with his left claw in a flurry of sparks and delivered a blow to his midsection guided by sheer rage. The damage he ended up inflicting was not fatal, as the claws just tore through his skin and left four deep cuts. Archetype then slammed his right shoulder into the Traitor's chest, pushing him back a little. He finished the combo with a hard left kick to that same spot on his chest, hurling his foe into a pile of empty fuel drums and knocking them down with him. Archetype then pointed to the Chapter Badge on his left shoulder, so the Child of the Emperor would know what Chapter he was facing if the genetic mutations and history lesson didn't.
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Dark rolled to his stomach and spat blood. I know what you are, only Corax's men can be that pale. I may have been on the wrong side during the beggining of the heresy but make no mistake: I don't call the traitor legion family like I once did. Dark finished by sweeping his hand over his bolter and firing a short, three round burst that the Raven Gaurd dodged with lightning precision. Dark got to his feet and parried a combo of attacks using both his damaged halberd and bolter while his powerfield managed to ensure that the few blows that got through did not kill him. The powerfield in the necklaced that proved his symbol of office as a chaplain amongst his own brothers. Dark jumped up to avoid a low swipe and brought the blade of his halberd down on the Raven Gaurds jump pack. A severed fuel line and a single spark sent both flying into an obstruction, Dark in particular went through an abandoned complex wall and crashed into destroyed machinery. His entire front was covered in energy and fuel burns from the explosion and a sharp pain told him that several ribs had broken. At any rate, Dark could only hope that the damage done to the raven gaurd was mutch worse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast