Harry Potter and The Pursuit of Voldemort - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    In a dark cave full of senseless knowledge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry Potter and The Pursuit of Voldemort

OK, this is set after the Half-Blood Prince Book and we are a group of Aurors, charged with the tracking down and destructioon of Voldemort and his Death Eaters.

You MUST HAVE read the Half-Blood prince to play, as it follows from that books background.

OK, thats all the background I'm giving you to keep the game full of suspense, and now, for characters I need:

Name:
    Wand: ie Willow, 13 inches, Phoenix Feather
    Equipment: Excluding wand
    Skills:
    Background: Including how and why they became an Auror.

I'll wait for a few characters before i post mine,, and I'll be head Auror, that way it makes it easier to GM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Um...that's a good question. Where am i??
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now this looks cool!

name: James Cunningham
    appearence: 6 foot 2 with black hair. His hairstyles are constantly changing but are always perfectly gelled with anti-flammable wizarding gell. He is well muscled and a girl magnet, as well as being a pretty boy.
    wand: oak, 14 inches, dragon scale
    equipment: he carrys a small penknife at all times and has other assorted equipment including a few sticks of explosive gum, an mp3 player and a few protective sucking sweets. He often has to pass for a muggle so this equipment is exremely useful to him.

skills: he is adapt at potion making, as he has memorised many definitions from his hogwarts potion classes. He is a powerful wizard and is mediocor on a broomstick. He is also intelligent, with a good knowledge of muggle subjects like maths and science.

Background: His father was an auror before the rise of voldemort. However, while arresting a minor criminal, he was ambushed by a team of deatheaters, who tortured and murdered him when james was 5 years old He was one of Voldemorts first victim. James was raised by his mother, whobecame slightly insamne after his death, and was always cursing voldemort untill she was hit by a bus two years ago. As she was muttering something about voldemort and "get him back, get revenge." she was paying no attention to the fact that the light was red, and a bus was doing fifty, coming right up to her. James has always had a deep fear and respect for voldemort and insists that he will get his revenge. hE blames voldemort for the deaths of both his parents, and has tryed his hardest to fit the perfect requirements to be an auror.

He was exepted as an auror due to his extremely good school references, and his past. For the first four years of his life he was doing menial anti-dark magic work, such as disarming minor booby traps, and arresting minor criminals. He was content with this as it gave him the chance to work with more experianced aurors and learn from them. After all, you have to start somewhere. He has been told many times that with his skills, he is almost certain to go somewhere.

When voldemort returned James was given more work to stop the out breaks of terror. At this pont, since so many aurors had gone missing, or even worse, been found, the ministry couldn't be fussy about who they sent to do what. He ran into a death eater once, and succeded to trap the offender. However, the deatheaters allies, unofficially exchanged him for the muggle family they were holding hostage. Many people praised him for saving a family, so early in his carear, but some more experianced aurors suspected that he should have been able to rescue the family AND arrest the deatheaters. Even if that did mean calling for help.

When his boss anounced that a team was going to be put together, and they would hunt volemort down, he did every thing in his power to get a place. This included bribing, begging, praying and some more begging. Eventually he was exepted into the team of experianced aurors, and got ready to get his revenge...
    Last edited by Obsidian; August 17th, 2005 at 10:59.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I'd be more then happy to particpate in this RP, and i'll be interested to see how well the site's new GM makes it work, i'm sure he'll do a good job on it though. Here's my character, something people might be able to work of

Name: William Draeketh
    Appearence: Standing 6' 3", Will is a rather imposing figure when you add in his wavy shoulder length black hair resting on broad shoulders and a musculane physique. His greyish blue eyes have the look of someone who has seen to much in such a short time, and he has a tattoo of a sphinx on his lower left arm, and a scar running along the underside of his neck.
    Years as an Auror: 11
    Wand: Beech, 12 1/2 inches, Sphinx Tail Hair, rather whippy favourite for charm work.
    Equipment: Traveling cloak, high dragon skin boots, a bottle of veritaserum, a dark brown/black screech owl (graem) and a hip flask.
    Skills: An experienced user of charms and cross-transifuration, Will is a perfect addition to the auror office. Ever since he started his schooling, Will had a flair for charmwork. He always headed the class in exams, and was constantly told great things were expected from him. He also had a talent for cross-transfiguration, an extremely dangerous and hard to master skill which requires extreme concentration, and some personal influence from the caster, with devestating effects. He spent 3 years in Egypt mastering this skill, among many others that he hoped he could implement into more practical uses. His mastery of charmwork extends into the fields of defencive magic, having one of the most powerful non-verbal shield works in the auror office. His patronus has a unique form, as it takes the shape of a giant scarab beetle. Despite his skills at wandwork, he however has a massive weakness in his potion making, barely scraping the required results he needed to be an auror. He considers it to be unnecesary skill that detracts from his charmwork, so his potion making is of a sub-standard in comparison to his fellow aurors. He isn't an acomplished astronomer of herbologist either, relying once again on his exceptional wandwork. This therefore makes him an exceptional duelist, and one of the more powerful members of the auror office at this trait.
    Background: After finishing his schooling at Hogwarts at the tender age of seventeen, still undecided about his future, he sought answers from the world. He started to travel countries full of magical history, not knowing what he wanted to do with his life, but always looking for some sort of direction to take. He had always been talented at charms, and was thinking about curse breaking for Gringotts, but decided against such work, as it wasn't a reflection of his skills. It took him five years of travel to fully understand that his skills would be of use to the auror office, so he headed off from egypt, where he had been practicing his own deadly brand of magic for the past 3 years. Being a young and enthusiastic applicant at the age of twenty, and possesing extroadinary skills, he was soon vouched for and began his auror training. This coincidently was years after the boy who lived had banished the dark lord, and was a relative time of peace in the ministry, by the fact the last death eaters had been rounded up, and once again there was peace in the wizarding community. He soon however gained a reputation as one of the most talented duelists to enter the auror office since before the times of the dark lord, little did they know at the time however, how much these skills would be needed. When the dark lord was seen that night at the break in at the ministry, Will was one of the witnesses to his public return. Being one of the more senior members at the aurors office, he was co-assigned with the task of hunting down the now re-active death eaters, a task he approached with grim trepidition. He was confident in his abilities, possesing many great skills, but was yet to truly test himself against the might of the dark arts.

In a dark cave full of senseless knowledge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name: Drake Metison
    Appearence: Standing 5' 11" tall Drake is a rather tall and imposing figure, this is also solidified by his enormous muscles and bulky physique. His wild grey hair is usually tied back in a neat ponytail on the back of his head and greatly contrasts his piercing brown eyes. He has the look of a man who has seen his fair share of trouble and has earnt his reputation. His long stubby nose is slightly bent near the bridge, as though broken before. His mouth is surrounded by a mat of billowing brown hair, which is slowly whisping into grey, giving the appearence that his beard is smoking. He has a scar running down the left side of his neck, from below the ear lobe to the shoulder.
    Years as an Auror: 15
    Wand: Willow, 13 inches, Phoenix tail feather
    Equipment: Hip Flask, Long sweeping travelling cloak, Dragon Hide Gloves, Bottle of Veritaserum, Small Spellbook about the size of a pocket calculator, old wand (Oak, 10 inches, Dragon heartstring), Owl (Horace, Barn owl)
    Skills: Very adept at his wandwork, Drake was good with Charms, Hexes and Jinxes, however he wasn't too shabby at his potions making though. A very talented wizard who experimented in the design of new potions and also in wandwork, with some of his "home-made" spells he can easily out-hex an opponent. His ability to use non-verbal incantations is also a highly valued piece of expertise. His knowledge of the Dark Arts is second to none, he has researched the most horrific and terrifying Dark Magic in his time and has learnt to understand some of Voldemorts maddness. Many wonder why he was not recruited by the Dark Lord, however, Drake's superb knowledge of the Dark powers remain in faithful servive to the Ministry.
    Background: At 17 Drake left Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and began to travel the world, it was at the time that he left Hogwarts that the Dark Lord was banished by Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived. Drake however had been very interested in the Dark Arts, something which scared some of his friends slightly, especially after the Fall of Voldemort being only a few weeks beforehand. However Drake devoted the two years after Hogwarts to travel the globe, researching areas of Dark Magic and adding them to his knowledge. At 19 he decided a career was needed if he wanted to continue funding his research, since his own family vault was starting to run low. he signed up for the Minsitry of Magic, and realised that he had perfect qualifications to become an Auror. As he was already enthralled in the Dark Arts Drake leapt at the oppertunity. His next few years were dedicated to hunting down Voldemorts Death Eaters and questioning or apprehending them.
    Drake is one of the only known Aurors in the British ministry of Magic to speak Voldemorts name aloud. He has now served with the Ministry of Magic for just over 15 years, and is one of the best Aurors there has ever been, tutored by "Mad-Eye Moody" himself he has grown older learning the most useful ways of defeating Voldemort. Now in the times of Voldemorts return, Drake is gathering new Aurors, with which to continue the fight.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive read it so yeah, im in
    name alex campbell
    age 29
    appearance brown with blond highlights quite average for a wizard fits well with muggles.old scar on his arm, usually hidden from view.no facial hair
    years as an auror5
    wand12 inches dragon claw, has a 8 inch dragon scale wand as a backup.
    equipmentpenknife, compact auror spellbook sunglasses with a protective charm,black owl called carben.
    skillsexcellent at transfiguration, is an animagus,also good at potions.excellent at mixing in with muggles
    backgroundhe is a "mud blood" his father, james was also an auror and gave the inspiration to him, they were attacked by death eaters when 14 both him and his parents escaped although his father is permantly disabled. from then on he has harboured a great resentment of the dark forces and will throw himself into a fight againt death eaters with no caution at all. althoughhe may need to be restrained he is a valuble asset to the team
    Last edited by kingal; August 28th, 2005 at 23:27.
    we're not running, we're attacking in another direction!
    -Call Of Duty 2
    imperial guard
    w/d/L
    2/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have spoken with Blackhat regarding a private issue and I wish to let you all know that henceforth I shall be taking control of this RP, since it is my idea, and I have Taint as witness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok lets get this started
    -Call Of Duty 2
    imperial guard
    w/d/L
    2/3/1

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Welcome back Ghost, glad to see you amongst us here again. Kingal, i'm sure Ghost would appreciate you expending on your character bio somewhat. This is going to turn into a very story driven RP, so a good character basis will be necessary. I would of liked to have seen some more participants, but it is possible to start with the amount we have and introduce new players at a later stage.

- Taint
    Last edited by taint_of_the_dark_ones; August 21st, 2005 at 03:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, everybody, the Action Thread has now started, i hope to see some very serious RPing here and i hope you're all prepared for the plot twists that i have in store....hehehehehe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry im not good at background
    -Call Of Duty 2
    imperial guard
    w/d/L
    2/3/1

+ Reply to Thread