Librarium Online Forums banner

WHFB RPG: The Eight Winds of Chaos (OOC Thread)

29K views 346 replies 17 participants last post by  dr_nick22 
#1 · (Edited)
As previously discussed in the 'Ideas for a New RP' in the Online RPG's section, this is an RP based in the Warhammer Fantsasy World. It will include 2 groups: A Chaos waband, and a group of Empire Villagers who survived a raid on their vilage, and are now in pursuit of the warband responsible (hereafter known as the survivors).

"The survivors lived in a small village called Bronheim, located directly west of Carroburg in the Empire.

Everything was normal in the village until the day the despoilers came. A warband of marauding chaos followers, they burned Bronheim to the ground, destroying the families and possesions of all who lived there,

A group of men (and some women) gathered together, armed themselves and sought to drive the warband out from the remians of their vilage, a task in which they succeded.

What remained of the warband after the bloody battle fled to the east, presumably to escape the empire, and head back to the northern wastes from whence they came.

Their journey would not be without it's perils though, for the survivors gave chase, seeking to run the warband into the ground for what they had done to them
."

The system will be free-form and rolepaying oriented, basically meaning there will be no stats as such, roleplaying is integral and if combat should occur, I will decide what happens in a suitably cinematic manner, with some dice-rolling (on my part) being possible.

This is set in the Empire, some time after 'The Great war against Chaos', but well before 'The Storm of Chaos'.

The two groups will require the following:

Chaos Warband: A champion and a lieutenant, as well as troops to fill the gap. Berny Mac has already been chosen as the champion.

Your objectives: Will be explained in the action thread, as it's more than just 'run'.

Survivors: A mob of angry villagers, intent on getting revenge. A leader or the mob will be required, for someone to guide them. There could be a second in charge if you wish, but due to the haphazzard strucure of an angry mob, it's more of an honourary title;) .

Your objectives: Are quite obvious Seek out and destroy the warband responsible for the destruction of your villlage and the slaughter of your familes.

The character creation process follows this method:

Name:

Faction: (Either Survivors or Warband)

Occupation: (For the Survivors, this is what you did before your village is destroyed, for the Warband, this is what you do in the warband: eg. Lieutenant, Marauder, Warrior etc.)

Description:

Equipment: (Anything suitable to your character, excluding: Magic items/weapons/armour, no chaos armour, full plate or heavy armour as such)

Backstory:

Okay guys, when I get enough people, I'll start the Action thread, so post away!:)

-There is some faction-specific backstory/info I can't post here because it has to be known only to the respective factions, I'll tell you what it is in each of the action threads.

EDIT: Added some extra info.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
for the warband do we follow one chaos god or all of them.

Name: Draco

Faction: Warband

Description: tall, long black hair and pale and and long scar over his left eye

Equipment:chain mail, long sword, and a cloak and leather glove with the symbol of Slaanesh of them and a dark steed

Backstory: as a young ophian she was found by a high preistess of Slaanesh and inducted in to her cult when a raid on the cult HQ happend he fought back a slaid many of the lawmen. He was honured for his devotion by Slaanesh by being allowed to become a knight to the dark prince. upon finishing he traing he took great pleasure in giving him self a scar and giving the pain to Slaanesh.

#3 · (Edited)
Hello Dr Nick....

Seriously.... i have rolled my Choas champion, using a Tzeentch as my mark.

Name- Luthor Vestroth
Faction- Warband
Occupation- Chaos Champion
Description- Hidiusly mutated by the long years in the Lord of Changes Service Luthor is no longer recognisable as human, He has two heads both goats, they have no skin or fur on them however and the muscle is therefore easily visible.
He is also constantly surrounded by a swarm of Bright Blue Moths
Finally he has undergone a Reckoning of Tzeentch that has increased some of his abilities and sapped others. It has also led to a Blue mark of Tzeentch being visible on his chest, this mark swims and shifts around his body randomly even going as far up as his heads

The result is that I cause fear.
Inaddition my two heads are to all intents and purposes of one mind therefore one will often begin the conversation or sentance and the other will finish it. I can survive losing one of the heads.

In addition I have begun to attract a retinue of creatures to me (I rolled 9 beatmen and 6 chaos dwarfs obviouslt Dr Nicks discretion as to whether I get to keep these)

Equpment- Heavy Plate and Chain Armour Marked with Runes Tzeentch (but not actual Chaos Armour incurring no additional bonus).
A Chaos Sword Granted to me by Tzeentch. Dedicated to Tzeentch with symbols etc but not magic.
A chaos Steed a Big Black Horse however strange Swirling Pink Blue And Yellow patterns play over the horses surface, other than that it is an ordinary Warhorse. It wears barding.

Very Heavy Robes used for ceromonies and at a pinch as a disguise (yeah right!)

All this I actually rolled including mutationsa and followers- stats wise my personality stats (Cl Ld etc are quite low or average for a Chaos Champion around 30-40% my Int is above average while my Martial skills are quite high as well)

Backstory- Used to be a Servant Boy in the local Lords manor of the same village I raided, that was 60 years ago though. Ill treatment and abuse led me to seek a change in my fortune by any means necessary, the Lord of Change amused by my pleas to the Dark Gods to go from Nothing to a powerful Lord granted me with the gift of a beast head and the Strange Blue Moths that fly around me.

I fled into the forests where I somehow survived amongst a small group of bandit mutants that lived there. Again I sought to enhance my position and killed the leader of the mutants by turning the others against him, again Tzeentch saw my determination for change and intrigue and granted me a second head. Seen as blesssed by the dark Gods more mutants and even some beastmen gathered about me, I travelled North, always fostering mistrust and betrayal amongst what ever groups I met including my own, never allowing one member of my warband to become more powerful than the rest for too long. Tzeentch was well pleased with my subtle and unpredictable leadership and revealed my "inner self" by taking away the skin off my faces.

I reached the edge of the chaos wastes and here I discovered a suit of Armour dedicated to Tzeentch and a Magic Sword. Seeing these as a sign of favour i travelled further into the Wastes. For many years I fought other warbands. After a Time Tzeentch gazed on me again to see whether I was found worthy to ascend to deamon-hood or be cast down as spawn. I was found wanting, but Tzeentch In his infinite wisdom was not wholly unpleased with my progress.

I gained in Martial Prowess though my Confidence and leadership abilities were drained somewhat (A sign that Tzeentch wanted another to assume control of the warband prehaps?). Via some blasphemous and unholy portent I realised that to gain the favour of Tzeentch once more I must change the fortune of my former masters and tormentors the vIllage I had left all those years ago... After the raid I realised more had to be done to wreak havoc in the name of the Changer of Ways throughout the Empire of Man......

#4 ·
To Dr Nick these are the basic (starter) careers in the WFRP

Agitator
Alchemists Aprentice
Artisians Apprentice
Bawd
Beggar
Boatman
Bodyguard
Bounty Hunter
Coachman
Druid
Engineer
Entertainer
Exicseman
Fisherman
Footpad
Gambler
Gamekeeper
Graverobber
Herbalist
Herdsman
Hunter
Hypnotist
Initiate
Jailer
Laborour
Marine
Mercenary
Militiaman
Minstrel
Muleskinner
Noble
Outlaw
Outrider
Pedler
Pharmacist
Physician's Student
Pilot
Pit Fighter
Prospecter
Protaganist
Raconteur
Rat catcher
Roadwarden
Runner
Rustler
Scribe
Seaman
Seer
Servant
Smuggler
Soldier
Squire
Student
Thief
Toll-Keeper
Tomb Robber
Trader
Trapper
Troll Slayer
tunnel Fighter
Watchman
Wizards Apprentice
Woodsman.

Obviously its up to you to decide which careers are allowed (note: that there is another set of advanced careers) but I would segusst a bit of variet and realisim (all bounty hunters might be a bit unrealisitc all coming from the same village).

You can also find dozens of aditional careers on the internet (such as farmer) but these are purely optional as they are made up by players and aren't necesarily playtested. I can tell you what skills each career gets if you want (though that would take some time)

#5 ·
Okay, sorry I forgot to mention it is a Chaos undivided warband, so you can worshp whichever god you wish!:w00t:

Berny Mac, your character is fine, except for the chaos sword, and you can only have the beastmen, not the chaos dwarves.

Brother Ares, you may worship Slannesh, and I'd condsider a little bit more equipment, such as a mount or come more weapons or whatever, but otherwise good.

As for equipment, no chaos armour and no magic weapons.

And for the professions, go whatever you wish, as long as you have a good reason. Those ones are there to give you an idea of some of the things you can be.

So far there doesn't seem to be many people joining the survivors, so just let me tell you there are far more surviviors than chaos warband, hence why they are running, so don't think you're at a disadvantage by joining the surviviors (we need some).

The storyline gets alot more interesting once the action threads start, it's just I can't post the chaos storyline where the survivors can see it, and the opposite is true for the surviviors.

#7 · (Edited)
Berny Mac said:
Can I prehaps suggest that apart from the Luitenant and the champion the (and anyone else who has joined up to THIS point) rest of the Warband be NPC's. Oh and I am not having any scummy Nurgle boys in my group. (Tzeentch hates nurgle remember)
Yeah, that might work. Besides, you already have 9 beastmen with you...But they won't last long;)

EDIT: Changed my mind, so far, we have 2 prospective Survivors (Agate and GinjerNinja) they just haven't posted here yet.And 2 chaos warband members. Positions in both fatcions are now open, as long as we have enough people on each side (there will be NPC's on both sides to fill the gap).

#8 ·
Existing thread subscribers may wan't to go back over my posts, as I have edited them quite extensively to add extra info and change things.

I encourage all RP'ers in the forum to join up if it intrests them, I promise it will be a fun game.;)

#10 ·
Name: Gerheart Flamebond (Just known as Gerheart in the village)

Faction: Survivors

Occupation: Low level Fire Mage (Lv2). He works on wealthier mens houses creating protective spells for their treasures.

Description: Gerheart is a 6'2" tall man of regular build. He has flame red hair and a mid length red beard. His eyes are green and blue, and he is relatively pale.

Equipment: Basic longsword, decent clothes, Nice Flame Robe and a staff of knotted wood with a crystal in the end.

Backstory: Gerheart's story begins around 25 years ago, just before the great chaos war. He was born blind, and his parents, wealthy as they were at the time , scoured the world for a cure. In the end they travelled to Ulthlan, in the vain attempt that the elves may rid him of this affliction.

A powerful elven mage managed to remove the curse blocking Gerheart's sight, but it also unlocked his mind to the powers of magic. At the age of 18, after years of education and fencing training, he travelled to the Colleges of Magic to begin his 'real' education, and was chosen by the Fire college.

Here he studied for 7 years, and although his rise was not the quickest of all time, he seemed to master spells relatively quickly. He was soon inducted into the secret society of the fire temple, but this is where it all went wrong for him, for all members must have no attachments to this world, and unknown to the order Gerheart had taken a wife in a village nearby.

2 Years later this was discovered, and Gerheart was removed from the fire temple and cast out of the order. Some of the more enlightened bretherin, as Gerheart describes them maintained contact, and sent Gerheart tombs to feed his knowledge, so that in the future he may return.

So this is how he came to be in this place, eaking out a living protecting trinkets for lords with more money than sense. This is how he was not there to protect his village, his wife and his 2 children. This is why he now seeks revenge...

#11 ·
I like the idea of a scorned wizard but you have a couple of problems with the background....

I am a bit confused with the timing,
The Colleges of magic were set up AFTER the Great war with Chaos (Teclis introduced thaat system of magic to the humans).

Your parents being recieved into Ulthuan is a bit unusual, they would have to be REALLY rich (to afford a ship if nothing else) but that could be cool for roleplaying contacts and things..

A wizard needs a liscence to practise magic in the Old World if you were thrown out of the Bright College (Fire Order) that Liscence would be revoked, again fine in the background but it does mean any Witch Hunters (which do keep a record and an eye on unlicensed wizards) could burn you at the stake for using magic.
Just thought you might want to bear that in mind.

#12 ·
I must admit that I have missed out a section of the history, but Gerheart was healed as a small child 2-3 years old. The chaos was then came, but I was unaware of the length of this war, and therefore how old to make Gerheart before he entered the colleges.

His parents were rich, but spent most of the fortune healing their boy.

His subtle connections to the Bright College keep the witch hunters from his door, protecting him from the scouring eyes of their inquisition. He posseses false papers and tombs of knowledge that only a member of the bright order could hold.

Hope that clears it all up. :ninja:

#17 ·
I'd really like to get this started, but I need at least 2 people in each faction bare minimum.

I Pm'ed Agate, but I haven't heard back yet. If any of you guys have any roleplaying Lo'ers buddies, feel free to invite them.

It'd be really sad to have this game die before it's even started, especially for my first Online RPG:(

#19 ·
(unless i missed something the impromptu leader position hasnt been filled yet? also, i was wondering if my priest could have any minor prayers of sigmar or some kind of faith dealies, just curious. ill edit it if he can have any. also as im new to the actual posting on this site, though ive been lurking for like a year, is there an assistant type thing, like where you can see your last ten posts and such? if so where?)

Name: Father Flanders

Description: Flanders stands at medium height, a little under six feet, and is a little bent and wizened from being a few years past the midpoint of his life, and the years of ceaseless toil and service to sigmar. He still however preserves his muscular form, with raw whipcord muscles showing wherever there is a seeable spot under his long priestly robes. His robes are a simple white and black, and have become somewhat tattered in the recent days. His skin is severely weathered looking, his eyes watery, his head clean shaven and a long black beard going down to his collar bone.

Equipment: A fist sized godlplated symbol of Sigmar, hung about his neck on a small chain necklace. Priestly robes. A book of holy scripture he recieved from the temple he used to reside in. Thick leather armor which he wears under his robes, and a steel plate cap.
He carries a small wooden shield and a long-handled warhammer, the traditional
symbol of Sigmar.
He also has four long-point darts which he found in the ruins of the tavern. Usually intended for throwing practice, but the survivors were scrounging for anything they could use amid the ashes of their former homes.

Backstory: The spiritual leader of the village, Father Flanders has always been content with his station in this little backwater town, happy to minister to the simple folk that
surround him. This all changed when he came back from a pilgrimage to a nearby town to find that his parish had just been razed by chaos mauraders. He was quick to whip the surviving men into a frenzy of righteous fervor, claiming that it was their duty to Sigmar to avenge the burnt church and their lost loved ones. As soon as they had gathered their remaining gear and sharpened their motley assortment of weapons, Flanders led his angry followers off in hot persuit of the defilers.

#20 · (Edited)
i guess i could get in i got nothing else to do here so here it goes........

Name: Dorek Heldenrich

Description: Black hair that goes down to his shoulders, slightly broad body, 6'1, short scars on his back, and small tattoo on the left side of his neck making a small "13".

Equipment: Long sword, old Imperial armour over chain mail, pole-arm, a symbol of Sigmar wrapped around his neck, and long, black cloak.

Backstory: Born in a small town near Nuln, Dorek was bred in a family that was known to have many generations of soldiers in the guard of Nuln. He was raised by a father who was deeply devoted to Sigmar. His mother was not known by many as she was sick of a disease unknown, although Dorek got close to her in her dying days. She ways abruptly killed as a heretic since she hidden the fact she was Kurgan, her disease was of Chaos taking over her, or so the priest said. He didnt have much of a childhood as he was trainded by his father to join the military of the Empire.

When he was 16, he was ready to journey to Nuln to enlist in the military. He gathered his handgun and sword along with supplies and left for the capital of Engineering. Several weeks later, he walked into the marketplace of Nuln and asked around for the military barracks. No one would answer him, they would just give blank looks and small chuckles. He found some guards at the local tavern to point out the direction. They gave a good look at him and laughed. One guard gave him a shove almost losing his balance, apparently drunk. Dorek pulled out his sword ready for a fight and the bar stood silent, staring at the short blade and waited for the guard's response. He pulled his weapon out and charged him. Dorek saw the swipe of the sword and easily moved to the side and tripped him with a harty laugh of the crowd. Then a loud shout stopped the fight. It appeared to be a lieutenant of the army and asked the young man his name. He told his full name and the lieutenant laughed, knowing the name and enlisting him in the army right then.

After that, he was sent on a few missions with his Halberdier and Handgunner regiment numbered "13" and was sent to fight the Chaos rarely. He learned some little techniques to use a handgun from his pal, Alden. They would usually be near each other, laughing and always telling stories from their home. Then a major battle ensued against the fowl greenskin, winning the battle but not without a sacrifice. The captian of the regiment was acciedentally stabbed as he was fighting a orc. It appeared that Dorek thrusted his halberd through the orc and apparently through the captain. He was immediately discharged and whipped many times, giving his scars. His friend dropped out of the army to join him to journey on to a small town that did not know his dishonorable discharge. They ran into this town and joined the militia. At age 30, he has been through many battles and has suffered much pain over the years. His friend died at the raid and he is now looking forward to get revenge on those that killed his best comrade.

#21 ·
Okay, so it looks like we have enough people to get this started now, so, the groups are as follows at this point in time:

Warband:
Berny Mac : Luthor Vestroth (Chaos Champion): Leader.
Brother Ares: Draco ( Knight): Lieutenant
NPC's: 9 Beastmen (Luthor's followers), 2 Chaos Warriors.

Survivors:
Ginjerninja: Gerheart Flamebond (Low level Fire Mage)
iamspartacus: Father Flanders (Priest) : Leader.
Sotek: Dorek Heldenrich (Formerly Captain of the Town Militia) : Lieutenant.
NPC's: 20 random ragtag angry survivors, armed with various farm implements etc.

@iamspartacus- You may have some prayers to Sigmar, but there won't be any official rules for them. Just tell me in game when you want to pray, and what the desired effect is, and we'll see what happens...:)

Well, I'm just about ready to start the action threads, ther will be one for each faction, and I hope I can trust the members of one group not to look at the other groups thread, as that will spoil it.

Anything else people have to ask/say before I start the action threads?

#22 ·
yes please dont look, if i can resist my curiosity to look then you can too for the betterment of the story! dont be a coward and look, just cuz you know we are better:shifty: . lol
ok ill tell you in game if im praying for sigmar to do something. other than that id say we are good to go!

oh and i was curious as to what the villagers had, aka like pole weapons, heavy weapons, flaggellant weapons, ranged weapons, as it would be useful, but i guess you can tell me in game.

#23 ·
iamspartacus said:
oh and i was curious as to what the villagers had, aka like pole weapons, heavy weapons, flaggellant weapons, ranged weapons, as it would be useful, but i guess you can tell me in game.
Just an assortment of things such as Pitchforks, knives, scythes, sickles, some short swords, a couple of bows. It doesn't really matter, if they kill something, they kill it regardless of what weapon they used.

Okay, I'll start the action thread tomorrow I think, as I'm fairly tired ATM (stayed up all last night having a LAN), and I don't have my game notes with me right now (I have them all written down on a note pad).

Anything else?

#25 ·
Just made the Warband action thread. As for the text written in white, please only Berny Mac read it, as it's information only his character knows, being the leader. Thanks Brother Ares.

I should get the Survivors thread done soon, I'll PM you guys when it's ready, and I'll post here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.