Librarium Online Forums banner

Suicide Mission

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Apachetear 
#1 ·
Its as the title suggests, a suicide mission fit for only those who deserve nothing more than death itself. The idea is centered on a recent game I played referee for, one involving the infamous thirteenth penal legion. While we will not be them, the idea is pretty much the same thing.

Members will play as the scum of the universe, except instead of being penal legionares your going to be gangers of a hive world. You could have been a merc, a gang leader, some random thug, or honest joe trying to make a living. None of that matters cause now you've been conscripted to make something of your life.

Player limits will currently top itself at twenty, and the requirements per character are:

name
physique
former life (between one and five words is all you need for this.)
good skill
bad skill

for the good and bad skill, its one that your real good at, and one you suck at. Such as a gunfighter built like an ork will not be all that good atr stealth or lockpicking.

Player limit is high, but for one reason and one alone: you can die and pretty easily at that. Stupid moves can cost you your life and the lives of others. While accomplishing the mission that will be laid out before you will lead you to being able to begin life anew anywhere of your choice.

So who here will take on the mantle of such a task? Which of you will back down?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Sweet, i'm in

name: Draco
physique: tall built like a space marine but not as tall
former life : thug in a gang
good skill:good with guns of any kind
bad skill: staying happy

let me know if there is anything i need to change

#3 ·
Well, here goes...

Name:Farlonus
Physique:Quite short and stocky. His grand father is a squat, so gets the genes from that.
Former life:Comes from an honest, noble family who served the lord of their hive city. His family were all killed when he was 10 by gangsters who pillaged his house, and ever since Faelonus has sworn vengeance. He has done some extreme things to get this revenge, and has found himself on the wrong side of the law, but theplanetary defence forces hadn't captured him, until recently when he was trying to grab some powerful guns from the vault. He was then sent on this mission.
Specialties:Grunt, good at scouting around, although not an expert.
Bad skills:Sometimes can't resist the temptation to attack an enemy, but rarely happens. A bit temperemental, and can take things the wrong way, lashing out at his friends.

#4 ·
wow, those are some five words for a former life.:(( Your reason for being who you've grown up to be matters little, but apparently everyone has to know that for Farlonus.

Otherwise, no problems with either characters...8)

#5 · (Edited)
Name: "Ripper"
Phyique: Incredibly strong, hulking
Former life: Nobody knows much about Ripper. He was found in a back alley over a headless skeleton with shreds of meat hanging from its bones. Considering the fact that his mouth was covered in blood, nobody questions what he was doing at the time. He has been used as front liner in suicide missions since then, and he has always come out alive, despite incredible odds.
Good Skill: Ripping peoples' heads off.
Bad Skill: Thinking about tactics, though he possesses a crude cunning, similar to that of an Ork's.

#6 ·
Hey guys. Sorry if this is a little akward... but what game is this all about? I read the rpg sticky that knape put up and I am still confused.... :wacko: . Thanks.

--smguy

#7 ·
Alright LordMortis, aside from the fact that 'ripper' will have a former life of unknown ntohing after that will be regarded from your post. If I'm not mistaken the past lives of these characters doesn't matter so no details are needed..yet.

This is gonna be an rp done in a form similar to missions performed by the thirteenth penal legion. Meaning that many, though hopefully not all, of the characters will die before the game ends. Like the missions of the thirteenth, the actual objective and mission as a whole will not be revealed until we are all good and ready...8)

#8 ·
What game is this gonna be based in and how is it all gonna work? Are you goona like, write a story about how they go on a suicied mission and all die? I'm sorry if I sound critical but I just want to know what this is all about. It sounds cool but I would like some clarification.

--smguy

#10 ·
Think of it as a variation of kill-team, and since our characters are (technically) human thats what we will all be playing as...8)

#12 ·
Ok, I would still like to know more, such as, are we gonna make models for this? It's in the online rpg forum so I am still kinda confused. Anyways, here's my guy:

Name: Gurney Halleck
Physique: Average build on the muscular side.
Former Life: Was part of a hive demolition gang once. Participated in knife-fighting tournaments. Snapped one day, no one knows how, planted explosives and blew up an Administratum building. Arbitors busted him and he got dragged off to prison. Escaped along the way and fled to the underhive where he has been hunted with a price on his head.
Good Skill: Knife fighting, demolition and flamers.
Bad Skill: All kinds of guns.

-smguy

#13 ·
Hey, SMguy, I'll try and answer some of your questions. I thinks this is just pretty much a story thing, where we say what our people do and it happens. I don't think there are any rules to combat etc., you just say what you do, and it can end real quickly. We can also die really easily. So pretty much a story thing.

#14 ·
name: Gabriel Arbites
physique: Very thin and pale. QUite lean
former life: after years of being bullied at school, he snapped and killed 15 people. On the run from the law, he ran into a gang, that he thought would be able to keep him safe. As he was not a great fighter, he had to find a way to prove his worth. It came to him when the gang came under attack from a rival gang. While the other gangers just wanted to have a straight fight, he managed to convince the leader to lay an ambush. After they slaughtered the enemies without any losses, the gang adopted him as their tactician. He stays away from the fighting when it comes, but plans the entire battle before it begins
good at: tactics
bad at: fighting of most kinds, although the gang did make him practice a bit, so he can fire a weapon reasonably accuratly

#17 ·
Oh no, not fifteen. The numbers we have right now are good enough to start, though I have no problem seeing twenty players in this one RP...8)

As it stands, I am going to start up the action thread tommorow where everyone will be told what the mission is and be given their equipement. (Which will technically be an option for quite a lot of gear and weapons.)

Your characters wont die easily, but your not superhuman or those heroes from the movies that take bullet shots and keep on going. Jumping into the middle of a firefight in the open, guns blazing wildly, will see you killed quickly instead of just getting you wounded like in some RP's and the movies.

#18 ·
Does anybody besides me recognize where smguy's character's name comes from.
I'll give you a hint. It starts with "D" and ends with "une".:shifty:

And if I am mixing up sci-fi stories, somebody kill me.

#19 ·
LordMortis said:
Does anybody besides me recognize where smguy's character's name comes from.
I'll give you a hint. It starts with "D" and ends with "une".:shifty:

And if I am mixing up sci-fi stories, somebody kill me.
Oh no! I've been found out! Pack up the gear boys and head for the door before the Arbitors show up! :w00t:
But really, I think I get it now, and I am really looking forward to this.

--smguy

#21 ·
Due to the fact that I have way to much that I have to do, and not nearly enough time to do it and run an RP and play in a half dozen others. The suicide mission is called off, looks like the thirteenth penal legion and the colonel will have to do it.

#22 ·
But...but...but...:| :(( :| :( :cry: :cry: :( :| :(( :( :cry: :| . I was really looking forward to this thing....
Oh! I have an idea! You can get someone elase to run it. I think I get it. Its like a narrative right? Where we take turns telling the story of our characters?

--smguy

#23 ·
sort of, give me a couple of days to see if I can't make myself able to run this thing...8)

#26 ·
If it isn't called off, may I enter?

name: Cuchulainn
physique: Big and Broad (but not built like a muscle man)
former life: Regiment Prankster in a unit (He placed a bucket of water over a door that a Commissar proceeded to walk through)
good skill: Ingenous pranks and therefore traps...
bad skill: Doesn't know when to stop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.