Deathwatch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Deathwatch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Deathwatch

Xu23dg4, a pioneer world on the outskirts of the imperium that fell just over three centuries ago. A world that saw two failed attempts at retaking it from the hordes of greenskins inhanbitiing it. For three centuries the world has remained without an ork leader, but recently one boss has begun to gather the tribes around the world and has started gathering other orks from nearby worlds in what is starting to look like a waaagh that will wipe out a dozen imperial sectors and remain active for hundreds more years afterwords.

The elite deathwatch has been called forth to act out a mission for the imperium. The objective is to halt the growing waaagh by killing the current warlord, Naastee Grenetufe, which shall either halt the growth of the waaagh long enough for defence of the sectors to be complete or Emperor granted the orks will turn on each other without a leader and destroy each other instead. Needless to say, this mission is of utmost importance to the imperium and cannot be anything more than accomplished.

After Grenetufe's death, the deathwatch are to cause as much damage to the orks as possible prior to extraction from the infested world.
    Inquisitor lord Marcus's last words coming out as optional, but each member of the deathwatch knew that it was not. Turning on his heel, Marcuis strode across the dimly lit room and activated a hologram that depicted a gruosome looking ork. Its entire body was enclosed in what appeared to be a mockery of astartes power armour, and its face even appeared to be obscured by a crude helmet.

Grenetufe's danger lies not in what he is going to do, but the fact that he has fought astartes before and has, despite what the ordo biologis say, has grown enough intellegence fighting to think that copying the heavy armour of space marines is a good idea. This is why Grenetufe must die or else the imperium will face bloodcrazed monsters as heavily armoured as you holy astartes. Marcus finished by changing the picture from the one ork to an even bigger one, complete in mega armour and with a pair of horrendously over proprtioned claws. This is your target, Naastee Grenetufe. He must die at any cost. As Marcus finsihed the deathwatch marines exited the briefing chamber, quickly making their final preperations before exiting the nova class frigate lightly manouvering in the system of Xu23dg4. The team was seperated into two thunderhawk transports to minimise possible casualties if either ship was attacked.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Despite being an ork infested world, the two thunderhawks managed to slip into the atmosphere with no problem at all. The ships hit the atmoshpere and dove into the dark clouds which choked part of the world. Breaking through the level of coulds and descending ever further to the ground below, the viewports of the gunships displayed the sight of a damaged and torn apart industrial complex that looked as though whatever remained was just stopping from being burned by a fire. The two gunships touched down and the entry ramps opened, with the two groups of deatwatch marines filing out in haste, moving towarss the complex to seek cover from anything that might have heard the entry of the gunships. Captain Ezerel signals to the others as he hears noise coming from the left of where the gunships have landed, high pitched chittering voices followed by the bark of a louder and more gruff voice. A large group of gretchin run around the corner of the ruined building and quickly dart towards the two thunderhawks in what appears to be them trying to take them apart for spare parts..

The thunderhawks are one of the only ways off this world, but acting now could end up bringing unwanted attention. What the members of the team decide to do could potentially leave them stranded on this world or make their presence known prematurely.

(First round of posts is pretty much a sound off and letting me know what your near. What you post as far as description is up to you and can be modified by me as I think it needs be, so lets get going... Also, after everyone posts I will post what happens and then everyone will post again, if for some reason someone does not post then their character will temporarily become an NPC until they return to take the character back.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whispering into his comlink, Cuchulainn said simply "Request permission to flame the gretchin, there will be minimum disruption with maximum damage output. Any survivors could easily be dispatched by power blade..."

Being hidden behind a wall, he knew that bursting through it would also shock the gretchin enough that they would remain static targets as he'd bring his hand flamer to bear...
    Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother Techpriest Tarkor of the mighty Iron Hands clans grimaced at being in such quarters with other astartes that were not his own brothers, they smelled of weak flesh.
    He did not know them, marines needed no introduction, they would work as a flawless team as they had trained their lives to do, and would adapt to each other's strengths.
    That was the idea anyway, but as Tarkor looked mournfully at the only shoulderpad that remained bearing his chapter's iconography, he wondered why it was he that had been chosen to aid the Ordo Xenos in the Deathwatch. It was a great honor yes, but Tarkor so loved being among his machines of war. They were all at least Astartes, like he,
    distant brothers of the Emperor, and he would have to learn to tolerate them for now.
    His mechanical eyes scanned the drop site as they deployed with machine effeciency,
    striding purposefully to cover, the pistons that acted as his leg muscles hissing quietly within his armor. He had paid the gretchin little heed until the marine next to him with an unkown shoulder pad voxed his suggestion. Not of any of the founding chapters, some bastard gene seed of mixed pedigree. He thought with distain, before voxing in a grating voice, politely but with a voice that knew it was the right one. "I would advise against it brother marine, our escape from this blighted world is of secondary nature, our lives are of little concern next to the objective we seek. Anything compromising our holy task should have been cast from our minds before we began.+ He himself felt the human sliver of fear curling through what was left of his organic parts. But it was faint, and he quashed it as soon as it had sprung up. He was more than human now. He turned to their apparent leader,
    his arms spread imploringly, his mind sending impulses through the fiber bundles wiring his nerves to his servo harness, and they did the same, all arms spreading in an expression of exasperated frustration. +Sir. We must continue without looking back.+

(oogm: whos the leader again and what chapter is he from? also, what do marines call their superiors? sir? brother? etc.?)
    Last edited by iamspartacus; June 28th, 2006 at 02:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Bysshe Taranis

Brother Bysshe Taranis had jumped at the opportunity to lend his skill to the Death Watch, as well as to improve it. He was fairly young, as far as the age of Space Marines went, but he knew he was also a decent warrior.
    Of course, Brother Sergeant Carnus of his squad back with his chapter, hadn't been pleased, but he had understood. Besides, there was nothing he could have done to have kept the young cub back anyway.
    He smiled at the memory of his battle brothers that were squad Rav of the Domini Vulpes 3rd company and glanced down at the orange fox head symbol of his Chapter. He'd return someday, he was sure.

For now though, he had a new squad. A new group of battle brothers from many different chapters. At first he had been struck with awe at the sight of so many different memebers from so many different marine chapters. Everyone was different, and there was much to learn. He recalled the recent memory of drinking with a memebr of the Space Wolves chapter and shuddered inside. His chapter may have shared part of the Wolves geneseed, but it did not seem to share its ability to consume vasts amounts of ale. Or maybe that was just a weakness in him, he thought as he recalled more memories.

However his mostly quiet and reserved nature had therefore only resulted him getting to know only a hand full of the other members of the killteam better.

Now he found himself knelt beside a wall, lurking in the shadows, keeping his weapon trained on the small greenskinned gretchin.
    ++I suggest a quiet kill, if we have to kill at all.++ He whispered into his vox link while half un-sheathing his blackened combat blade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Azemeroth's eyes follow the small aliens as they scuttled past he and his temporary brothers' position, chattering and yelling at eachother excitedly. On instinct his arms work quietly to move his bolter to a ready position, his eyes making note of every movement the little monsters make as he and his brothers watch the beasts from the shadows. "Whatever we decide to do, they will know we're here. Those things may not be smart but they're not too stupid to tell those Thunderhawks where not here yesterday." He shoulders his bolter into a precision firing position, closing one red eye and focusing the other through the targeter on top of his weapon, then whispers into the vox-caster built into his collar once again "I say we kill them, send a clear message to any green bastard that happens across thier corpses." Even as he spoke he lined up one of the little beasts in his targeter and moved his finger to hover above the trigger. A small twinge of bloodthirsty anticipation moved through him and he waited for the Brother Captain's orders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

OOC:
    (oogm: whos the leader again and what chapter is he from? also, what do marines call their superiors? sir? brother? etc.?)
    That would be Ezerel, my character, and he hails fromt he dark angels. Since it's a team of marines from different chapters and Ezerel is very unprejudiced to everyone, you may call him Brother Ezerel.

IC:
    Ezerel surveyed the scene. About twenty gretchin and a slaver were moving towards them. He didn't want the ork population to be aware of their presence until the team was well away from the pick up point. He thought of his options for the thunderhawks:

He could have them leave and come back when he called for them on his communication link, but if they were in a dire situation and they couldn't communicate with the pilots, they could all be killed.

On the other hand, he could leave the thunderhawks there and they would have a reliable way off the planet. They would have to have a route back to them, but they could be counted on to be there.

But now the gretchin and slaver needed to be dealt with. They were moving towards the thunderhawks which they were clearly fascinated by.

"Draw back behing the Thunderhawks and let them get close," he ordered. "Flame weapons only when they get close enough. Brother Cuchulainn! Brother Tarkor! that's you. Everyone else, safeties on. Don't activate chainswords! Power weapons and your bare hands for combat only!"

With luck, the group could burn most of the gretchin and charge the stragglers without making too much noise. Following that, they would kill off any nearby orks to clear out the Thunderhawk zone.
    Last edited by Ezekiel1990; June 28th, 2006 at 15:37.

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Brother Huron took a knee. The quiet young marine held up his heavy bolter. he spoke for the first time. Ezerel was the captain of his company so he addressed him properly "Captain Ezerel when should I begin to fire, I will be able to terminate the slaver from my current postition". Huron did not look up throughout his question, he remained with his aim on his target waiting for an order. It was bold that he should suggest something after the captain had given an order
    Last edited by Librarian Augustine; June 28th, 2006 at 05:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

As the gretchin race and jump forward, a grizzly green mass of bunched up muscles and rough gutteral noises comes into view. As the gretchin come ever closer, the marines wait in grim silance as the vile xenos come closer and closer to their way off this world. Moments before the first gretchin makes it to the thunderhawk, Cuchulainn, Kargus, and Liberius leap forward, Cuchulainn spitting a gout of flames at the gretchin closest to the thunderhawks, erupting screams as there skin boils and burns away in the promethium flames. Kargus and Liberius hit the surprised gretchin at the same moment, their power armour protecting them from the flames licking at them. As Cuchulainn presses the triger of his flamer again, a second gout of flames follows through as Amazeroth and Tarkor bound forward, Tarkors servo arming spitting the second stream of flame at the left flank of the gretchin to Cuchulainn's flamer going after the right. Ezerel and Taranis both go after the slaver before the xeno group leader has a chance to realise whats going on.

Taranis makes it to the slaver first, and lands a gauntleted fist into the orks face with a bonecrunching squelch that sends the beast crashing to the ground while Ezerel comes forward brandishing his activated powersword, slashing down and disemboweling the ork at the same time Taranis fist connected with its face.

Kargus hits the closest gretchin to him with the haft of his axe before swinging it down and cleaving another one in two before three more jump on his back. Barely supressing a howl of rage, Kargus reaches one arm back to try and swipe the little aliens off while swinging wildly with the axe.

Amazeroth smashes his deactivated chainsword into the face of a gretchin before kicking out at another one; sending the alien flying into a pair of other gretchin with bone shattering force. Pangs at the side of Amazeroth's armour bring his furied attention to another gretchin firing a large pistol-like weapon at him. From within his helmet Amazeroth smiles at the idea that the xenos scum believed that would work.

Huron drops his heavy bolter to reduce the wieght on him as he jumps forward behind Tarkor and slashes forward with his combat knife at another gretchin, beheading the thing in one cut and landing the blade in the face of a second one.

Liberius ducks a wild swing from Kargor as the marine tries to get the gretchin off his back, spinning the knife in his hand Liberius jabs downward into the skull of another gretchin before throwing the knife at one of the little green aliens on Kargors back. As he does so however, two more gretchin jump on Kargor and make things even worse for the marine. Waiting for nothing, Liberius runs forward to help his beleaguered comrade, snatching up his combat knife in one swift motion along with a chunk of the gretchins body where it had landed.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Xenos terminated Brother Sergeant" Voiced Cuchulainn "I'm not worried about the gunshots, they aren't uncommon sounds in ork settlements, so I've been led to believe" Holstering his flamer, he grinned to himself inside his helmet as he counted the kills caused by his flamer...patting the holstered weapon he said, "next time, a foe more worthy"
    Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Servos whirred in his leg as he strove to keep his balance. Liberius leapt over a pile of debris as he came to the aid of his battle brother Kargus. "xenos scum!" he hissed under his breath, ducking swiftly beneath one of the frenzied sweeps of the space wolf's power axe, reclaiming his combat knife and bringing it flashing up, neatly slicing one of the gretchins in two and burying the blade into another, contempt for the greenskins written plainly on his face.
    Last edited by Xiahou Dun; June 28th, 2006 at 11:03.
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast