Fallout 1 and 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 1 and 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fallout 1 and 2

Hello people,

Has anyone ever played Fallout one and two?

Its not an online RPG but I think this is the right place to mention it.

They are probably my favourite RPG's of all time, set in a post apocalyptic Mad Max type world the graphics would seem dated nowadays but if your a diehard RPG fan you are bound to appreciate Fallout. Everytime I play Fallout I end up with a entirely different character and a enormous sense of satisfaction.

Retro gamers might remember Wasteland which is the intellectual parent of Fallout. sometimes Fallouts dialogue is childish sometimes dirty quite often silly, but that just adds to the degenerate future of my all time fav RPG.

The best weapons combo has to be power armour, power fist and laser rifle. I used to love pulling off a critical move on the different bodyparts of your opponents and reading the discription of what kinda damage you managed to do. Needless to say I probably can't tell you what it says happens if you hit someone in the groin with a powerfist here on LO.

I think the same people made Arcanum; Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura which I've yet to play but I've heard great things about. Anyone played it?

Anyway I just wanted to show my appreciation for Fallout.

Eeek I forgot to mention Baldurs gate that has to be my 2nd all time fav.......

Last edited by BrianBlessed; September 2nd, 2006 at 00:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Great games. Fallout tactics isn't bad either. Apparently the same people who did morrowind have bought the rights to do fallout 3
    Last edited by Visitor Q; October 23rd, 2006 at 23:21.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Berny Mac, I love that mullet, what a lucky man Pat Sharpe is.

I haven't played Fallout Tactics yet, but I heard that on the CDrom theres a Fallout based pen and paper RPG. Have you read it? any good? I tried downloading it off a Fallout site but it gave my computer a headache, I hate viruses and stuff.

Morrowwind is a wicked game I hope Fallout 3 is good. Its a shame that the original producers didn't keep their intellectual property though, afterall thats what made the game what it is.

I hope they don't end up ruining it like those Playstation Baldur's gates and the playstation Fallout. There ok 2 player co-op though If you like being bored with a friend.

cya
    Last edited by BrianBlessed; September 4th, 2006 at 01:56.
    Needless to say I probably can't tell you what it says happens if you hit someone in the groin with a powerfist here on LO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

I am afraid I haven't played the paper and pen version of Fallout. I have a bad feeling fallout 3 won't ever be released, I don't know if there is the interest but if it ever was I would be the first to buy it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

I have Arcanum. . . It is done by the same team Trokia but was produced by Sierra rather than. . . hmm forgot who produced fallout. . . Anyway It's a very similar game except that it's set in a different world. Rather than post apocolyptic it's steampunk. Magic VS Technology is a huge theme, and character creation & development, huge number of quests, most with several ways to solve them. It's so good that I keep playing through it on farly regular basis. . . beaten it like a dozen times now. As an added bonus its graphics are less outdated than fallout's.

Arcanum is my favorite Computer RPG. . .it replaced Daggerfall, although Oblivion is currently making a bid to replace Arcanum. (personally I was disappoinded in Morrowind.)

I'm not sure what to think about Bethesda doing fallout 3, hopefully they just produce it and let the Trokia team do it, though I've never heard of Bethesda doing that, they're a pretty small player in the big picture of Gaming.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems pretty well confirmed that Fallout isn't going to die in development hell.

I don't remember the company that developed them, but a lot of the people were at Black Isle Studious as they worked on fallout 3 before going under. I don't know about the rest of you, but I felt a disturbance as Black Isle passed away. I'm apprehensive that Bethseda will turn fallout into something it's not (which they've already said they're doing) and completly miss the humorous and mature (eg dirty and violent) parts that made it so unique.

Fallout is still the best game I've ever played, rivaled in my mind only by the Half Life and Mechwarrior series.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Gerreo View Post
    It seems pretty well confirmed that Fallout isn't going to die in development hell.

I don't remember the company that developed them, but a lot of the people were at Black Isle Studious as they worked on fallout 3 before going under. I don't know about the rest of you, but I felt a disturbance as Black Isle passed away. I'm apprehensive that Bethseda will turn fallout into something it's not (which they've already said they're doing) and completly miss the humorous and mature (eg dirty and violent) parts that made it so unique.

Fallout is still the best game I've ever played, rivaled in my mind only by the Half Life and Mechwarrior series.

Good points I share similar fears. I wouldn't mind so much if it was Morrowind with guns as long as they keep the character of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found Arcanum a bit dry, and the I thought the graphic style was inferior to Fallout's. The characters all looked so generic and featureless.

Fallout remains my favourite RPG series of all time. I actually like the idea of Fallout from a first person perspective. It will make exploring armageddon that much more immersive.

Ditto on the fears that Bethesda will make it a souless hack 'n slash in the same vein as Oblivion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

Oh all Fallout fans should know,tThe teaser trailer for Fallout 3 is up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Being a huge fallout fanboy I pounced the Fallout 3 trailer and gobbled 'em up like I do buffout (in-game only, these guns are all natural...aww yeah).
    It chimed with Fallout 1, a slow zoom out of something that for a moment just miiiight be something normal but then the destruction is revealed and the sweet little number standing in the foreground as well.

But yes...will Fallout 3 be a mindless hack'n'slash? Will it be a combat game? (akin to Brotherhood of Steel, while I liked the story and the gameplay elements in it I hated the fact that everywhere I went I was just fighting something...no towns, no side-quests, and aside from having or not having certain equipment or team-members AND that bit in the very end...pretty linear as well.)
    We'll have to wait and see.

No matter what it'll be I'll still pick it up, give it a run. I don't know...Is it too much to ask to just give us Fallout 2.5? I really don't mind the graphics staying the same, tweak the interface abit as all I'm asking. New storyline and such.
    The same thing in a new suit, since I'm getting kinda tired of "revolutionary" games. Is it just me getting old? Is this how it starts? ("Bah to feck with this new fangled electricity! Candles ftw!")

Decent trailer though...

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast