So, anyone else into White Wolf's stuff? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, anyone else into White Wolf's stuff?

I happen to be a fan of the World of Darkness storytelling games and I was hoping that others were as well because I'm looking to start a free exchange of story ideas and characters and the like.

We are highly advanced males of masculinity!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Old WOD or new WOD?

I have been a fan of WW since I bought first edition Vampire in early '92, but of late I've let it slide and my involvement with the new, revised stuff is minimal.

Happy to exchange ideas etc tho'.

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

i played around in lots of different campains for Vampire the Masquerade for like 3-5 years, off and on.

i dont know how many good ideas i have. i was ur typical LARP player in the camerilla sactioned games for about 6 months, and LARPing in a local role playing group of friends i have. but yah, we just stopped playing it. i love the game though. both LARP and tabletop are amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm in a Masqurade cronicle right now and I like the old system, but i've started reading the new WoD book and it's much more appeling to me. I'm going to run a few ghost hunts using the WoD book and the Ghost Stories book. Another thing planned at my school is a 'zombie romp'. We're going to use the Armoury book (which has rules for anything you could possibly think of) and kill as many zombies with as many toys as possible. Any other ideas for human centered games would be much appreciated.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

If you can find copies, check out the 'Hunter: the Reckoning' game from very late in the old WOD. Its PCs are ordinary folks who gain the ability to see the supernatural gribblies around them, and what they do about it.

Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The_Reckoning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Hey Costontine. I've played and ran many of the "old" White Wolf RPG's over the years, Vampire/Werewolf/Hunter/Mixed WoD/Changing Breeds/Dark Ages to mention a few.

I'm always up for an exchange in story ideas, just let me know what sort of campaign you're planning to run
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthotep View Post
    If you can find copies, check out the 'Hunter: the Reckoning' game from very late in the old WOD. Its PCs are ordinary folks who gain the ability to see the supernatural gribblies around them, and what they do about it.

Wiki - Hunter: The Reckoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    imo, that game was bad bad bad. lol. i mean, it had fun parts to it. but overall, i was very displeased with it. trying to base a game off of such a great roleplaying games plases high demands on its creators. unfortunatly, white wolf did not meet their normal standards when they created this game.

also, i read they may be making a movie about it? that sounds kinda dumb. but i will remain true to white wolf and give them the benefit of the doubt and wait till it comes out to make my judgment.

so everyone wants to exchange role playing ideas. Sweet. but someone should get the ball rolling. i gotta go to class and then out of town. but if someone starts to contribute roleplaying ideas, i will contribute at a later time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

...It's not actually one of my favourites either, but with WW there's always a huge amount of YMMV. I know folks who really liked it.

Other sources (must look at my bookshelf again...) around first ed vampire there was 'The Hunters Hunted', which looked particularly at vampire hunters, and I recall there were source books in the middle era for the various human side-kicks (ghouls, kinfolk, formori, etc) and 'Project Twilight' - the US government anti-supernatural conspiracy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to like the idea of a human centered game, or using a human organization as the center of a story.

The new antagonists book gives you rules and templates for alot of fun human stuff, such as cults, hunters, and zombies. All kinds of fun.

Another book that's pretty awesome is the ghost stories book. I'd enjoy some story ideas for ghost hunts if anyone has them they'd be much appreciated. I really can't see how games involving ghosts could go more than a few chapters though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Costontine View Post
    I'm starting to like the idea of a human centered game, or using a human organization as the center of a story.

The new antagonists book gives you rules and templates for alot of fun human stuff, such as cults, hunters, and zombies. All kinds of fun.

Another book that's pretty awesome is the ghost stories book. I'd enjoy some story ideas for ghost hunts if anyone has them they'd be much appreciated. I really can't see how games involving ghosts could go more than a few chapters though...

For a human centeric game with ghosts I'd recommend White Wolf's Orpheus. While the games meta-plot should be avoided unless you are looking to run a MEGA-campaign, the basic book has more then enough ideas to keep you busy for months worth of roleplaying.

Golin suggested we stop talking about suggesting rpg ideas and actually start suggesting rpg ideas! So here we go...

I ran a Orpheus adventure in which a former Orpheus agent stole the plans for projector booths and decided to blow the lid off the whole Projector business.

For those who havn't played Orpheus a Projector is a person who (with the aide of meditation or technology) can "shake" the soul loose from their body. Projector companies act as investigators and "ghostbusters" and charge the earth for their services.

My PC's all played University aquiantances of the former Orpheus agent who had all experienced NDE's (Near Death Experiences - which is a prequiesite for being a Projector). They were all gathered together for a "Scientific Exploration into the Unknown".

The PC's all gathered together in an old abandonned country mansion which was used during the 2nd world war as a safe house for homeless children. The place was burned out during the blitz and then rebuilt but since abandonned as there'd been several mysterious deaths in the mansion and the place was reported to be haunted.

The players, one by one, all entered meditative states or were flat lined and exited their bodies.

Long story short they were terrorised in and out of their bodies by a spook that wanted them to 'GET OUT OF MY HOUSE', they also encountered a bunch of terrified ghost children who died during the fire that destroyed the mansion in the 2nd world war.

The plot twist was that it was the children who were the bad guys in the game, they'd been responsible for the deaths that plagued the mansion. The children were twisted evil spirits who had been driven insane by a) their horrible fiery deaths and b) being doomed to spend all eternity in this mansion.

The ghost trying to drive the PCs out of his house was the old guy who owned the mansion and died with the children during the blitz.

Of course the PC's didn't figure this out until the children tried to kill them! :w00t:

This game was but my starter adventure for Orpheus - somewhat different to the games tradiational setting.

In character the PC's were all determined to find out more about the supernatural and learn more about their potential as Projectors.

Out of character everyone had a great time and wanted more!
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast