Librarium Online Forums banner

Star Wars Mini RP

47K views 430 replies 17 participants last post by  dr_nick22 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is the OOC thread for the Star Wars Mini Rp that was dicussed in the thread 'Star Wars or Matrix?'. I will be co-gming it with Ricardo, so if either of us posts in the action thread, take our word as law. We will also each play a GM character, me the Jedi Master, him the Sith ;)

The game will be set in the old republic, before the movies. Basically, you will all be Jedi apprentices most likely around the age of 16, of any race you like (pending approval of one of the Gm's -eg. no Krayt Dragons ;) ). You will be on a seemingly normal training mission, but things get interesting when you encounter a sith..

Here are the rules for character creation-

Name:

Species:

Equipment:

Force Powers:

Background:

For force powers, I'll say you have three at the moment, but no dark side force powers - at all. Here are some handy links for character creation -

Star Wars weapons

Star Wars items

Jedi

Force Powers

Star Wars Species

See less See more
#283 ·
Damn you! Now I have to have A Silvermane and a Silvermane 2 jet plane in my EsbanAir fleet! :yes:

Ricardo.

#285 ·
Just doing what i can. :D

So questions.

1). If it comes up, can i strip darkreever?

2).How good is my area power? Can i summon fog and rain and everything else, or can i actaully change the landscape?
1) To a degree, Jadzia is a fallen Jedi Knight so it will only partially block the connection to the force.

2) Fog, mild rain, mid gusts of wind etc but i wouldn't say you could alter the landscape no, not as an apprentice...

Ricardo.

#288 ·
Pitiful might; kind of an oximoron isn't it? Just see what happens when you get in a lightsaber fight with me mixing two styles...8)

#289 ·
Awww, don't be harsh, he's a droid, you could just use force push to flick his off switch :shifty:

Ricardo.

#291 ·
I don't know Q, I think they go along pretty well; one wears down opponents and the other makes it so that every parry and block is a counter-attack. Not only that but two sabers allows for a better defence, where one is general balance and a double is all offense, and that just helps both styles...8)

Of course dual style is Jadzia's experimental style, she's more likely to use one or the other unless she really has to or doesn't have to worry.

#292 ·
True. But one uses wide open sweeps of the blades that use pure power and aggression while the other uses precise cuts and blows. Knowing both kinds of styles is useful as you can switch between them but not using them at the same time. Also both styles and particularly Shien is a two handed style as it requires a good grip of the lightsaber.

#293 ·
True, but them both being two handed styles is one of the reasons I chose them alongside using two lightsabers; its very easy to have variations of the same technique, its just how much of a variation they are that truly determines how good or bad they will be...8)

#295 ·
A style/technique is not set in stone, their are variations to the same thing so that it can be used or applied to a variety of things. Its is fairly possible to practice either of the chosen forms with two weapons but it would be harder or rarer in the end, which is why I chose them.

#299 ·
Well Q it looks like your services are no longer needed as Hive's colours and whatnot are working again! :yes:

Maybe it was some malicious form of hacker that screwed it up Hive :shifty:

Ricardo.

#302 ·
Um... To clear some things up about where my character is... My character is hiding in a bush at about 8 o clock from where the entrance to the ship is, and was using voice projection(Its a really simple technical matter, even trained humans can do it) to make it sound like it was at more like 1 o clock from where the humans are. So, please... Don't tell the humans where I am by revealing my position via comlink.

#306 ·
Um... To clear some things up about where my character is... My character is hiding in a bush at about 8 o clock from where the entrance to the ship is, and was using voice projection(Its a really simple technical matter, even trained humans can do it) to make it sound like it was at more like 1 o clock from where the humans are. So, please... Don't tell the humans where I am by revealing my position via comlink.
In that case , you could use voice projection to relay my charcters voice over from the comlink, keeping your character hidden.

#303 ·
meh, I think you bounty hunters are taking a few to many liberties. What makes you think a few of you escaped, came back immediately, avoided the authorities, got into a good position without being noticed, located where all the authorities are then trained guns on them?

Going out on a wing in my opinion but hey its not my RPG now is it. ;) Besides once I've spoken to Dr. Nick next a lot of people (ok 2 sith) are going to hate me.

#304 ·
Wondering if you can clarify something about your recent post in the action thread LL; which group is Malaris with? The one thats supposed to be the five apprentices or the one with both sith characters thats supposed to only be made up of four people.

#308 · (Edited)
I absolutely love how some of the jedi are definately showing sith-like traits in their words and actions (such as Silvermane and dealing an absolute to his allies); or god modding certain knowledge they should not have. (Since when was any accusation of Mantigar and disguised Jadzia confirmed to the point where it is expected to be believed by everyone?)

#310 ·
i agree that some are being a bit overzealous in the accusations, we are padawans, we are jedi, aka we are pretty naive. example: "master yoda told us to hide here mister skywalker...OMG!"

#311 · (Edited)
I am taking the view that seeing how other characters have inherent abilities because they are aliens, regeneration, pheremones, shapeshifting etc my characters inherent ability is his understanding and firm belief of the teachings of the jedi way, even if he isn't particularly well trained as yet in the focus of the force. Hence my character is less naive than most apprentices.

As for my conviction that the new Master is a fake, its pretty obvious really. The only piece of evidence in favour of it being the real Master is that it looks like her, and it isn't even as if shape shifters are unknown in the Star Wars universe.

-Contradicting Master Windu
-Speed of arrival compared to our group
-No backup
-Not Responding to an apprentice asking a direct question.
-To an extent force sense(though obviously this can be blocked) but I can force sense Orphus to know he is speaking the truth, or at least is not hostile (assuming he doesn't block me as well)

My charater didn't know the Master was Sith but there definitly was something not quite right about her.

Some of the Jedi are pretty Sith like aren't they?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.