Inquisitor Investigations: WH40K MSN game - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Inquisitor Investigations: WH40K MSN game

Hi.

I am currently running an Inquisitor game via MSN with Dr_Nick and Silvermane, if anyone is interested please feel free to post. However please note that I would really like to keep the game manageable so I am only looking for one or two more committed players.

Ideally I am looking for Inquisitor characters or at least characters that could realistically take part in investigations/conversations with Imperial officials.

Story So Far

Part One

Inquisitors Aequitas and Torish have arrived on the Hive World Cadaras in the Lotho subsector on the request of Baron Hans Voin, governor of said planet.

There have apparently been a spate of murders of various officials over the last six months including Judge Solvio of the Adeptus Arbites (2 months ago) and General Abraham Tokan of the Imperial army (three weeks ago).

The Inquisitors have just met with Investigator Trammel of the Adeptus Arbites who is organising their security detail.

They have also learnt that Judge Solvio in fact dissapeared. He was on his way to the Northern Hive city of Roffar III when his transport vehicle went missing. It was recovered some time later. His driver and body guard had been shot in the head with bolt weaponry but the Judge himself was missing. The vehicle showed no signs of combat damage or mechanical faliure

After being shown their quarters in the Adeptus Arbites Precinct in the upper hive the two inquisitors go to the govenors palace where they are met by the Barons head butler.

They are soon in audience with the Governor himself. He tells them that while there have been a number of strange dissapearances these weren't really investigated to closely, such occuracnces fairly common on a Hive World. It was when several strange suicides occured that things began to look suspicious.

When Judge Solvio dissapeared Investigator Trammel took over the Arbites and tried to find those responsible but with no luck. When General Tokan was murdered it was Investigator Trammel who advised the Governor to call in external help.

The Governor advised the Inquisitors that he has kept the Generals body in stasis in the family vaults and assigns the sullen Gregor Fayne to guide them.

The Inquisitors enter the chamber where Tokan is being kept and Aequitas begins his investigation of the body.

The Generals body does not seem to show any signs of a struggle aside from light bruising on the back of his head and left arm. The Inquisitors concluded this was likely caused by a fall, probably when the General was killed.

The Generals death was clearly caused by a large wound to the chest about 6 inches in diameter. Initially it looks like a shotgun blast. Preliminary investigation however reveals this to be caused by an energy weapon blast of some kind. More powerful than a lasgun certainly yet the outer skin around the wound shows no sign of burns so a melta or plasma weapon probably weren't used. Aequitas speculates that possibly a mining laser could have caused this damage mining being a principle industry on Cadaras. However he dsimisses the idea, reasoning mining lasers are too cumbersome for an Assassin to wield unnoticed.

Makaveli searches a footlocker that contains the Generals personal effects. He finds a Generals Uniform (designed for off duty wear) a belt with a paspistol and holster. The holster cover is undone. Neither Inquisitor can come to a conclusion as to why.

He also found a wallet with a picture of a woman in her 20's (brunette), a Plastisecuricard with the generals ID on it and a card indicating that the general is a judge in the Cadaras Court of First Instance.

Aequitas decides to leave further forensic investigation of the body to a Verispex Squad of the Adeptes Arbities. He moves on to the Crime scene.

The generals apartment was in the 'Clean Quarter' of the Upper Hive. A small exclusive area where by chance arrangement of the heat vents coolant fans and shield generators the open air is breathable.

According to the initial Arbites report the General was shot in the general living area of the apartment by an assailent who probably gained entry via the balcony. The windows of the balacony seemed to have been left unlocked. The body was found by the Generals maid Loretta Susvi.

Aequitas checks the Arbites report for the Generals associates and discoivers the General has a good military service record and a few enemies, namely the sons of a crime lord (the Gazak family) and a rebel regiment called the Azure Blades who were destroyed by the Marines Errant some ten years ago.

Characters

PC's

Inquisitor Nex Aequitas [Ordeo Hereticus]-Dr_Nick
    Skills

Investigation
    Psychic Sense
    Ordo Hereticus Sanctioned Weaponry (Bolter-stake crossbow, power stakes, blessed weapon)
    Psychic Talent (Scourging)

Equipment
    Bolt pistol-stake Crossbow
    3x Power Stakes
    Blessed dagger
    Litanies of faith (the bible, essentially.)
    Cloak of St Decus incorporating Hexagrammic Wards
    Psyocculum (In form of large monacle)

Inquisitor Makaveli Torish (Apprentice)-SilverMane
    Skills
    Charisma
    Pistols
    Superior Senses
    Sixth Sense.

Equipment
    x2 laspistols
    x1 boltpistol
    x1 knife

NPC's
    Baron Hans Voin-Governor of Cadaras, a rather rotund man in his 50's

Investigator Trammel- Investigator for the Adeptus Arbites. In command of the First Cadaras Precinct in Judge Solvio's absence. Also organising the security detail for the Inquisitors.

Gregor Fayne-A servant of the Barons. The guide to the Voin Family Vaults.
    Other

The Exemplar- A Firestorm Class Frigate, currently under the command of the Inquisitors
    Cadaras-A Hive World
    Cadaras Prime- A Hive city capital of Cadaras
    Roffar III the Northern most Hive City on Cadaras

"God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

I'd be more than happy to take part in this as one of those other characters; any restrictions or preferences for the character to be made?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Hi. Basically the character should be able to participate in investigations so no purely combat orientated characters such as spacemarines.

Inquisitors or Sanctioned Psykers are fine as are Arbites Investigators.

Weaponry can be fairly exotic but note that alot of the game will be investigations so plasma guns etc will be fairly conspicious,

Psykers shouldn;t be too powerful. Say around Omicron or Xi level.

Choose a name, a position and four skills. (I will probably develop a more detailed stat system in the future.

It is currently 19:35 (24 hour clock) where I am please post what the time is ion your location. (so we can sort out when we can actually play)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Its 15:41 (24 hour clock) here so your four hours ahead of me. I should have something up in the next twenty four hours the latest, though are we just to come up with any kind of skills we want or are we getting a list of skills from somewhere?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

Just the kind of skills you want, (including if you are) Psychic abilities.

BTW working out a convenient time for everyone to be opnline may be awkward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Nex's skills would be:

Investigation
    Psychic Sense
    Ordo Hereticus Sanctioned Weaponry (Bolter-stake crossbow, power stakes, blessed weapon)
    Psychic Talent (Scourging)

I wasn't exactly sure on how precise the categories had to be. Let me know if they need to be changed at all. I've included all of those weapons in the weaponry skill because they fall under the heading 'sanctioned weaponry' and I didn't think there'd be any point in making individual skills for each.

I hope you don't mind me taking a psychic power, either, as it says inquisitor's can in the witch hunters codex. 'Psychic Sense' would be similar to Silvermane's 'Sixth Sense', except it allows me to sense psykers in the vicinity (or more accurately a warp anomaly that would indicate their presence - basically 'a disturbance in the force ). Sixth sense would be similar, I imagine - more of a danger sense I think, as he is an apprentice, and his psychic talents have not yet fully developed (here we go with the jedi and force analogies again ).

So what will we do about the time zone problems? If we continue at the current established time, will that be suitable for you, darkreever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

I don't think there should be to much of a problem.

Name:
    Revok Petero

Inquisitorial kill team sergeant

Skills:
    True grit
    Sixth sense
    Fast reflexes

Equipment:
    Shotgun
    Bionic left arm with built in laspistol
    Knife
    Ripper (longer knife built into palm of bionic hand)

So how's that? IKT's do vary from normal IST and guard KT's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

Yeah thats fine. The only thing I am concerned with is the time difference. How early can you be bothered to get up on Saturdays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Hm.. I think 9 or 10, anything earlier would be pushing it now that summer is so close.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

Ok well if you were up at say 9 (early I know) then that would make it about 1 in the afternoon in GB and about eleven in Australia. Hmm that might work though we would only get about an hours worth of gaming in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast