Army Book Sparta - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Army Book Sparta

I'm making an Army Book for WHFB for the Spartan army. I need some ideas for special characters, special rules, and other things like that. I would love help and I will ::REP:: for good ideas! I have a few ideas so far but I would like to see what others think/would come up with! Thanks in advance!

If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Giant Mutant Chaos Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a great idea, i saw a 40k one but fantasy is more suited i think

Special characters should include (from 300 (you will have to find the names))
    Leonidus
    Dead Captain dude
    Surviving eye patch man
    The Dead captains son if your looking for someone else

Special rules

FEAR OR TERROR (send the persians jumping off the cliff)
    regenerate (possibly)
    Good Post? Do Rep!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    Pft, what a weenie. Hell, tell him that the next time you see him. Tell him that Katie Drake called him a weenie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I'm going to do a historical/300 type thing with the army....I kinda had to put it on the back burner for a while I just moved to Virginia and started a new job. But for the special characters I have King Leonidas (who is a real guy), The Lieutenant that say "we'll fight in the shade" (he was a real guy to). Some of the special rules I have are Unbreakable-b/c they'll fight till the death, and the Oracle's Blessing-something along the lines of the Bretonnian army praying to the lady. I have a stat line worked out but it's at the house so I'll post it up here later....if I remember (I have a lot of projects at the moment).
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Mods: Please delete this post! sorry!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

wouldnt it be easier to take the Warhammer Ancient Battles rules for Spartans (which is based on 5ed WHF and convert it over to 7th ed. WHFB?

Or even just play WAB? *shrug*

Edit: Just wanted to add im not trying to pee on your chips here, just seems a bit like trying to reinvent the wheel!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some general army ideas from what I (think I) know about the spartans are as follows:

No / little magic (and maybe some special magic defense rule like dwarfs).

Allies / mercenaries, (especially archers, skirmishers or cavalry). these units were considered "lesser than spartans" and they should have lower leadership and be non-stubborn. You could have a rule about these allies not being allowed to charge into combat before any of the "spartan" units as that was a rule among them.

high Ld, Ws, S (spartans only) and wargear like pikes (fight in three or four ranks)

Stubborn, (special or rare units like kings guard etc. would be unbreakable)

Special characters based on real people should provide a good oportunity to make this army realistic.

Anyway, just some of my suggestions, I really like this idea, its something that WFB has missed so far.
    Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

That just might work Theo...never thought about that.

I totally agree with the magic thing.

I'm having a hard time making the Allies thing...I guess I could just use Greeks or Arcadians????

With the unbreakable thing every Spartan has to be unbreakable...that's how they were

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread