Seven Knights of Old - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seven Knights of Old

does anyone remember the old 7 Knights ruleset for WHF from a few years back? The premise was that a player would take an army solely made of character choices (ideally 7) and play a regular game of fantasy against a normal army, WD did a couple of Batreps in the last few years i remember one against P. Sawyers Chaos and one for lustria).

I was thinking of putting together a merry band 0f 7 characters, who are traveling the countryside, defeating evil foes etc. etc. but I'm not really sure what i should restrict my self to, as it is not an official list or anything (so it'l be for fun games only).
    I choose empire for various fluffy / game reasons, namely they are human & and they have a wide range of characters (choppy Captains / mages / engineers / Warrior Priests and various foot and mounted options). I was thinking:

1. 7 Models.
    2. 1,500 Pts. bigger (2000 pt) limit will mean maxing out on upgrades and toomany lord choices
    3. Only small mounts (ie horses) are ok. Dragons cruising around the countryside is a bit weird
    4. Not to many (maybe 4), lord level Characters
    5. maximum one use of named wargear still. (dispell scrolls etc. not included of course)

The aim is to make something that can be a take all comers type thing for those times when you just want to play a different game (like LOTR Fellowship of the Ring type or Movie Marines, ;?) Any thoughts or input? or does someone know the original set of rules?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member The vampire Lestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The orginal rules allowed for twice as many lords as the points limit allowed for the defender (the seven knights) and they only chose from the characters section. The defender was immune to fear, terror and panic. The defender (large army) set up first and the attacker got first turn. The original battle between seven Bretonnian knights and an army of Goblins was fought at 1500 points with the Knights in defence of a village.

+ Reply to Thread