Demonhosts and Possessed for Chaos: 40K - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demonhosts and Possessed for Chaos: 40K

Would anybody be interested to see these two as separate entries under the elites section in the 40K Chaos codex? My line of reasoning stems from the fact that if heretical inquisitors can take demonhosts, why couldn't the Chaos forces take the same thing?

After all, for those who have read Graham McNiel's Dead Sky Black Sun, he describes an individual called Onyx a demonhost.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Umm.. unless I'm mistaken a Daemonhosts and Possessed are the same thing, a mortal being possessed by a daemon. AS is, I'm perfectly content with the new Possessed, both rules wise and model wise (Models... *drool*).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Well, the idea behind a daemonhost is that they forcibly bind a strong daemon to a body and force it to work for them. Chaos instead has possession. They can attach daemons to bodies without forcing them into thrall and the daemons work for them. The only real difference is that a daemonhost obeys the creator and takes much more work and time to create, so I'm not sure how it would really work in a chaos army.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread