A rule dilemma!...I think.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A rule dilemma!...I think..

Ok so i have found a problem, well I think I have, I will best try to explain using the diagrams below.

Here is the key! :party2:

T=Termagant
    G=Guardsmen
    O=Others
    S=Terrain
    R=Tank (for Russ )

Ok so
    So far the rather long stretched out termagants have assaulted the guardsmen

R
    GG
    GGGT
    GGGT T T T T T T T T T T T T T T
    G T
    S

Here we see the russ tank shock the termagants
    And then myself and my ally box in the combat with units that are NOT in combat
    Basically we trapped the engaged termagants in a human box with the russ and the terrain separating the the two squads.

O O T
    GG O O T
    GGGTT OOO T
    GGGT T T RT T T T T T T T T T
    G S
    O OOO

So now here is the dilemma! Under the rules for a unit that is out of coherency they must move into coherency in their movement phase, if unable to do so they may not launch an assault or shoot.

Now in another rule it says you may not move within 2 inches of an opposing model without charging them

Now due to the termagants being unable to assault anything due to the out of coherency and the other models blocking their path back to coherency technically the way myself and the other players read the rules the termagants would not be able to do anything at all, except fight in the combat that they are already in, rendering the other side of the termagants useless.

Please discuss and aid me in this rule problem. for we may have overlooked something.

Cheers Kuja

Hmmm it is odd, my diagram does not want to work well, Anyway just imagine that the russ and the scenery are touching each other in the second diagram cutting off the termagants in between

Last edited by Kuja; September 19th, 2007 at 15:38.
    Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm i posted this in the wrong forum could someone please shift it to 40k rules help?
    Or is it the right place?
    I am soo confused...
    Last edited by Kuja; September 19th, 2007 at 15:46.
    Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

you cant tank shock a unit in combat, to risky of running your own troops down, even if you are 6 inch away. Combat is a swirlling melee.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Ok so i have found a problem, well I think I have, I will best try to explain using the diagrams below.

Here is the key! :party2:

T=Termagant
    G=Guardsmen
    O=Others
    S=Terrain
    R=Tank (for Russ )

Ok so
    So far the rather long stretched out termagants have assaulted the guardsmen

R
    GG
    GGGT
    GGGT T T T T T T T T T T T T T T
    G T
    S

Here we see the russ tank shock the termagants
    And then myself and my ally box in the combat with units that are NOT in combat
    Basically we trapped the engaged termagants in a human box with the russ and the terrain separating the the two squads.

O O T
    GG O O T
    GGGTT OOO T
    GGGT T T RT T T T T T T T T T
    G S
    O OOO

So now here is the dilemma! Under the rules for a unit that is out of coherency they must move into coherency in their movement phase, if unable to do so they may not launch an assault or shoot.

Now in another rule it says you may not move within 2 inches of an opposing model without charging them

Now due to the termagants being unable to assault anything due to the out of coherency and the other models blocking their path back to coherency technically the way myself and the other players read the rules the termagants would not be able to do anything at all, except fight in the combat that they are already in, rendering the other side of the termagants useless.

Please discuss and aid me in this rule problem. for we may have overlooked something.

Cheers Kuja

Hmmm it is odd, my diagram does not want to work well, Anyway just imagine that the russ and the scenery are touching each other in the second diagram cutting off the termagants in between
    1-wrong forum, this should be in rules questions, not developement
    2-yes, you can tank shock into CC, so long as you follow the rules for tank shock
    3-Once models are in CC, they don't worry about moving into coherency, as they can't move until pile in or such
    4-when you tank shocked, you would have forced the WHOLE UNIT to stay in coherency.
    5-in short, you did your tank shock wrong, making all other points pointless=)
    Cheers!
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Err, kuja, we already clarified this, we came to the decision that they counted as in combat and could just join it freely.

+ Reply to Thread